ROOT Rocky Mountain blacks out Wyoming game again!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

My Dish Network schedule shows the WYO VS UNM game as blacked out out here in Virginia. BS!!!!
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

The Virginian wrote:My Dish Network schedule shows the WYO VS UNM game as blacked out out here in Virginia. BS!!!!
If they are blacking it out, You should be able to watch it on the MWC website. Assumption has to be that they feel the game won't draw enough viewers to waste the broadcast and they can broadcast something better.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
The Virginian wrote:My Dish Network schedule shows the WYO VS UNM game as blacked out out here in Virginia. BS!!!!
If they are blacking it out, You should be able to watch it on the MWC website. Assumption has to be that they feel the game won't draw enough viewers to waste the broadcast and they can broadcast something better.
I have the sports package from Dish which includes Root Rocky Mountain. I specifically bought it to get Wyoming games. The blackout makes no sense over Dish on the East Coast.

I can see it on the web, I'd rather use my DVR so I can look it over later. Grrrrrrrrrr!
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Just watch the game that actually matters... wyo versus nm state not wyo versus nm
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
I have the sports package from Dish which includes Root Rocky Mountain. I specifically bought it to get Wyoming games. The blackout makes no sense over Dish on the East Coast.

I can see it on the web, I'd rather use my DVR so I can look it over later. Grrrrrrrrrr!
That is the exact reason that Instead of investing in Dish/DirecTV I got a TV card and capture software. I record all the web games so I can re-watch them the streaming quality definitely isn't 1080 but it's a clean 720.

I dunno but more and more every year that passes i miss the MTN Network.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:I dunno but more and more every year that passes i miss the MTN Network.
Why'd they cancel it?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:I dunno but more and more every year that passes i miss the MTN Network.
Why'd they cancel it?
They didn't branch out far enough and in the end that is what killed them not enough subscribers to keep it alive, It's sad because the Mtn Network was the first conference Network and since it came and went every other conference has followed suit.
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

Not able to watch on Mountain West website either - says it's blacked out in my region and I'm in Denver
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

You didn't miss much not being able to watch the game on Root. Worst announcing duo in the nation. For a national media outlet, I thought I was watching the New Mexico broadcast of the game. Very nauseating and poorly done.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

JohnnySunshine wrote:Not able to watch on Mountain West website either - says it's blacked out in my region and I'm in Denver
Of course it's not streamed, you're in region. Games on Root only stream out of region. They're trying to force cord cutters to buy cable packages. Sports are the only thing with value anymore, and they're trying to leverage them for all that they're worth, especially since rights fees have been through the roof the last decade or so.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

The streaming was crap anyways. Along with the efforts of certain players.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Brew_Poke wrote:
JohnnySunshine wrote:Not able to watch on Mountain West website either - says it's blacked out in my region and I'm in Denver
Of course it's not streamed, you're in region. Games on Root only stream out of region. They're trying to force cord cutters to buy cable packages. Sports are the only thing with value anymore, and they're trying to leverage them for all that they're worth, especially since rights fees have been through the roof the last decade or so.
I'm out of region and the games are usually blacked out here too.
ImageImageImageImage
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Never thought I would have any advantages living in Texas, but we are never blacked out. The b-ball game wasn't on Root like the football game was, but it was on another channel called ALT-7 whatever that is. It was still the Root broadcast, but it wasn't on the Root channel. Much more fun watching that than the football game!

Go Pokes!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
Montana is Root Rocky Mountain in-region, I believe. I could be wrong, though.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'm in Seattle and the games are always blacked out for me when they are on Root. Only way I get to watch them when they are on Root is if someone streams it on one of those internet websites like firstrowsports .

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Brew_Poke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
We're Root Northwest up here.
ImageImageImageImage
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
Oh, so it's not even scheduled for broadcast. That's a far cry from being 'blacked out'. You have the internet stream from the MW website, then.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I have Root NW and watched the Wyo NM and Wyo NM-St. games. I don't know why it was blacked out for other NW people.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Brew_Poke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
Oh, so it's not even scheduled for broadcast. That's a far cry from being 'blacked out'. You have the internet stream from the MW website, then.
lol.. nope. I've submitted two tickets to Root, and emailed the MW multiple times and basically they blame each other. Both gopokes1399 and myself have the same problem. It's infuriating.
ImageImageImageImage
NDPokes
Buckaroo

Blacked out here in North Dakota again. Frustrating when you pay for sports package for this channel and this occurs. Also submitted ticket to them. We'll see....