Gotta Give CSU some credit....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

For not budging on Coach Mac's buyout. Why would Florida think they wouldn't have to pay his buyout? How ignorant of both the Florida AD and McElwain. This will be interesting to see how it plays out. Either way he is a lame duck coach now and it would be funny to see Florida move on to the next candidate.
I'm good for 3!
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 42 times

ESPN reporting buyout issue has been "cleared up" and McElwain will be named Florida head coach later today.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

if he does stay at CSU, when his heart wants to go back the SEC does he do a good job for the Ewes next year...hmmmmm
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

well that answered my question, cya...lol
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Reports are csewe gets 5 mi. right now and a game at Florida with a payout of 2 mil. My guess is Florida buys its way out of that game.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote:Reports are csewe gets 5 mi. right now and a game at Florida with a payout of 2 mil. My guess is Florida buys its way out of that game.
And McElwain is paying 2mil of the buyout. Must have really wanted out of Foco.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Few thoughts:

1- Mac took a HUGE dookie on CSU :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2- I am actually surprised Florida wants Mac that badly

3- I love trolling Grayson on Twitter. Sitting here spitting out how the media is lying. Hey Garrett, where there is smoke, there is fire.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I love CSU meltdowns.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Sucks for the Rams. Have to give them credit. They put their money where their mouth was with the football program (stadium and Mac).

I'm a fan of arms races and I believe upping the competition ultimately makes us better.

It seems the one thing that can reliably build consensus about athletic support in WYO is matching the Rams.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lol @this thread.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

I will not prostrate myself to give CSU credit for anything. :thumbdown:
They're building a 36,000 seat stadium for a conference whose smallest stadium is currently 45,000 and packed with spectators and expect to get courted for Big 12? They will be in the discussion, but that will be all there is to it.

They want basketball money and geography plays a role, too. I say Memphis and UCF.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Kougar78 wrote:I will not prostrate myself to give CSU credit for anything. :thumbdown:
They're building a 36,000 seat stadium for a conference whose smallest stadium is currently 45,000 and packed with spectators and expect to get courted for Big 12? They will be in the discussion, but that will be all there is to it.

They want basketball money and geography plays a role, too. I say Memphis and UCF.
Yeah. If anything, the Big 12 will want travel partners for WVU, which is out on an island by themselves, more so than ISU.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

Espn championship drive just had BYU as #1 for big 12 expansion. BSU was #2 and CSU was #4. I will lose it if CSU and back to back bowl games gets them into big 12
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Espn championship drive just had BYU as #1 for big 12 expansion. BSU was #2 and CSU was #4. I will lose it if CSU and back to back bowl games gets them into big 12

I love how the tune has changed on this board as time goes on.

It used to be: CSU wants a new stadium? HAHAHAHA never gonna happen!
Then: CSU might get a new stadium, crap, they will leave us behind!
Then: CSU is getting a new stadium, but they will never go to the big12 hahahaha!
Now: Oh crap if CSU goes to the big12 I will lose it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.