Cade Smith verbals to USU.....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

....his father will announce tomorrow that Cade will be entering the draft after his red-shirt sophomore year. Apparently it's been Cader's life long dream to play in the NFL.

Seriously....
hithere
Ranch Hand

jcintherock wrote:....his father will announce tomorrow that Cade will be entering the draft after his red-shirt sophomore year. Apparently it's been Cader's life long dream to play in the NFL.

Seriously....
There will also be a five seat buffer zone around Kevin at all future Utah State home and away games in the stands.

God help them all if the Younger has a bad game.

I kid, I kid. Kevin's an alright guy; he just gives poop advice.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Bad news for Wyoming....he will be running all over us in two years. Hopefully Bohl will have the defense figured out by then! He put up some ridicules numbers in High school!
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Is he still greyshirting at USU?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

rich22 wrote:Is he still greyshirting at USU?
I think so...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Are you serious about the redshirt sophomore thing? Wtf?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

jcintherock wrote:....his father will announce tomorrow that Cade will be entering the draft after his red-shirt sophomore year. Apparently it's been Cader's life long dream to play in the NFL.

Seriously....
Also, what happen if Wells leaves Utah State for Oregon State?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

Seriously....
Small chance, but possibly hire from within?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I've been involved in the hiring process and I can tell you, if a person doesn't "fit" the person doesn't fit regardless of their credentials. A wrong fit can be among the most detrimental things to the "work environment". I trust Bohl knows what he needs, wants, and will be successful in his program.

Likely, this is the best thing for both UW and Cade. Best of luck to him!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Did Cade ever officially hold an offer from Wyoming? I never got a straight answer on this question.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

mwc fan wrote:Did Cade ever officially hold an offer from Wyoming? I never got a straight answer on this question.
Yes, Dickface extended an offer to him a few years ago (I think when he was a Soph).

I think this is a bad move by UW Football (to not have offered). You can very easily take a spread QB and make him a Pro Style QB...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
mwc fan
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
mwc fan wrote:Did Cade ever officially hold an offer from Wyoming? I never got a straight answer on this question.
Yes, Dickface extended an offer to him a few years ago (I think when he was a Soph).

I think this is a bad move by UW Football (to not have offered). You can very easily take a spread QB and make him a Pro Style QB...
Dickface, lol funny how everyone knows who that is. Thanks for the info though.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:

Agree completely. I think it will bite us in the ass in a few years.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:Bad news for Wyoming....he will be running all over us in two years. Hopefully Bohl will have the defense figured out by then! He put up some ridicules numbers in High school!
Whatever.....poop like this drives me crazy. It is like you're hoping this happens for some f-word reason. DC fan?
billings
Ranch Hand

Yea. Vick would fit well into the patriots offense. I don't buy you can take a spread QB and make them the best fit into a pro style.

how do we know this kid was even interested in Wyo? If I was him I would sure be looking for a spread O if legs were my strength.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Putting up big high school numbers doesn't always translate over to the next level so we'll see how it ends up.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:Bad news for Wyoming....he will be running all over us in two years. Hopefully Bohl will have the defense figured out by then! He put up some ridicules numbers in High school!
Whatever.....poop like this drives me crazy. It is like you're hoping this happens for some f-word reason. DC fan?

You sir, are an idiot! :thumb:
Last edited by Slow Hand on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I don't think Cade had any intentions of coming to Wyoming to play in a Pro-Style offense so it is probably a mute point. All I am saying is you probably should consider one of the best QBs in the entire state of Oregon as a viable option. But as someone else on this board pointed out Bohl probably did not view him as a good fit for his system.. My previous point was that he is a great QB and in USU system unless we get better athletes in the d-secondary it will be difficult to slow them down. But my crystal ball is a little foggy right now because he first has to get on the field. ;-)
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Seriously....
Small chance, but possibly hire from within?
Don't think it's such a small chance. There's plenty of rumors rumbling out there.

But I was wondering about Cade, not who USU is going to hire.

I was wondering if Wells gets hired by USU, does Wells offer him at OSU or is Cade pretty much S.O.L. hoping the new USU coach honors his commitment.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:Putting up big high school numbers doesn't always translate over to the next level so we'll see how it ends up.
Totally agree, some folks have a hard time believing this, but it's so damn true.