Colorado State Approves New Stadium

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

If the Big XII gets shut out of the playoffs, and I think they will, the will add two teams asap so they can have a true conference champion.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

SnowyRange wrote:
CSU is doing so much more than we are.
No, actually they aren't...no matter how many times you say it.

Though I suppose there's no harm in you calling the UW Trustees to see if they want to build another on campus football stadium. Who knows, they might think two would be nice.
In 8 years, they surpassed us in budet, had men bball in tourney, and greatly elevated football, but go ipf, right?

I love cheering for facilities; they mean so much more than performance. Heck, you can even go look at them in the offseason.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:

Though I suppose there's no harm in you calling the UW Trustees to see if they want to build another on campus football stadium. Who knows, they might think two would be nice.
In 8 years, they surpassed us in budet, had men bball in tourney, and greatly elevated football, but go ipf, right?

I love cheering for facilities; they mean so much more than performance. Heck, you can even go look at them in the offseason.
The OP said the announcement their board approving building the stadium put them a step ahead. I argued that they are trying to catch up to us, facilities-wise. I also went on to say that we should concentrate on winning championships rather than worrying about them filling old or new stadiums. At this moment they have no football coach or AD. That's really kicking our ass, I guess.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:

The OP said the announcement their board approving building the stadium put them a step ahead. I argued that they are trying to catch up to us, facilities-wise. I also went on to say that we should concentrate on winning championships rather than worrying about them filling old or new stadiums. At this moment they have no football coach or AD. That's really kicking our ass, I guess.
So the difference between us and them is we have a coach?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I disagree, obviously their facilities are more than adequate to out recruit us and build a larger yearly budget (than us). They utilized their resources to generate actual success. Us? We make excuses for failure and blame it on things like facilities.

They have greatly outdone us in performance. Their biggest limitation was stadium. I'd say they are easily a step ahead. We had both coach and AD and they are still trending better than us.
Last edited by ragtimejoe1 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

phxpoke wrote:If the Big XII gets shut out of the playoffs, and I think they will, the will add two teams asap so they can have a true conference champion.
Technically, they are the only P5 with a true Champion, as they all play every team, with a tie at the top going to tie-breakers. The other conferences get to avoid other good teams in their conference and can sneak into a title game.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

cowboyz wrote:
phxpoke wrote:If the Big XII gets shut out of the playoffs, and I think they will, the will add two teams asap so they can have a true conference champion.
Technically, they are the only P5 with a true Champion, as they all play every team, with a tie at the top going to tie-breakers. The other conferences get to avoid other good teams in their conference and can sneak into a title game.
That is the dumbest thing I ever read today. They still play everyone in their division. The championship games serves as a "play-in" playoff game. Anybody "sneaking" into their title game isn't under consideration for the CFP.
skunkapekiller
Buckaroo

bet they will shovels in the ground pretty quick if the big 12 chooses them...but my bet is on boise or byu going to the big 12.
solving fbs problems one manifesto at a time
BJC
A Real Cowboy

they need two teams....
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

skunkapekiller wrote:bet they will shovels in the ground pretty quick if the big 12 chooses them...but my bet is on boise or byu going to the big 12.
I don't know... Fans don't hold any power, but in all the discussions I see about this, Big 12 fans talk about CSU joining, and Boise fans are incredibly upset they're being dismissed. I'm guessing it has to do with exposure to Colorado being better than exposure to Idaho?

BYU's definitely been mentioned as a serious candidate as well, though.

Either way, we're not even talked about, and for good reason. It'd be nice to actually make some positive headlines based on performance for once.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don't see big 12 going west for teams. I see one florida team (UFC) and one team near West Virginia (Louisville or cinci)

Florida for recruiting and tv purposes. UFC has one of the largest schools attendance wise and Orlando is a good tv market. Recruiting would improve as Florida is a rich recruiting bed.

Then I see a travel partner for West Virginia that makes geographical and competitive sense.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I don't see big 12 going west for teams. I see one florida team (UFC) and one team near West Virginia (Louisville or cinci)

Florida for recruiting and tv purposes. UFC has one of the largest schools attendance wise and Orlando is a good tv market. Recruiting would improve as Florida is a rich recruiting bed.

Then I see a travel partner for West Virginia that makes geographical and competitive sense.
UFC? Don't you mean UCF i.e., Central Florida?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Yes... Auto correct strikes again
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

It will be interesting for sure. I think Cinci has a good shot. After that? I don't know. I wonder if they would be okay with a good bball school and adequate football? A Big 12 champ game will be worth a lot of money with the new playoff format; that alone might be enough to drive expansion. In other words, look at it like the value of the championship game as opposed to the value of the teams being added. Likely the last 2 slots at the P5 table are at stake.

CSU will definitely be in the discussion as will BYU. I wouldn't rule out Memphis and UConn probably would get some consideration though are likely too far east.

For the MWC, I think CSU and perhaps UNM would be the only teams on the radar but who knows.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'll be very surprised if csu is taken. I look at csu on the same level as Houston. Eg fan support, facilities, etc. I think Houston would go before csu and think an eastern school goes before either one.

Byu is an attractive option but I'm not sure they can come to terms with byu regarding Sunday play etc. from a competition standpoint byu belongs but culturally isn't a fit and neither is geography.