Colorado State Approves New Stadium

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

All over Twitter. Board of Governors in favor 8-0. Rams can officially strike dirt.

Big moment in Front Range athletics. Curious to see how Wyoming responds. Rams have put themselves a step ahead.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:All over Twitter. Board of Governors in favor 8-0. Rams can officially strike dirt.

Big moment in Front Range athletics. Curious to see how Wyoming responds. Rams have put themselves a step ahead.
They won't be for quite a while they still need a lot of money to strike dirt.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Interesting. I wonder who their next coach is going to be.

Are these guys being serious about Big12? Or at least auditioning for the Big12 in terms of money commitment? Either way they are leaving us behind.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:Interesting. I wonder who their next coach is going to be.

Are these guys being serious about Big12? Or at least auditioning for the Big12 in terms of money commitment? Either way they are leaving us behind.
This is their best season since 2002 and they just lost who got them there, B12 talk is laughable.

A polished turd is still a turd.
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Interesting. I wonder who their next coach is going to be.

Stop it with the big XII stuff. What makes them worthy of the Big XII?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

It doesn't matter if I think they are going to the Big12. It matters if the people who fund their program think they can make it to the Big12.

They are the ones going to build a new stadium. They are the ones who just had a great season. They have a chance to make on hell of a hire here right now to maintain their success.

It might be laughable, but I remember people on here saying "The idea of CSU getting a new stadium is laughable".

My point is, they are going places, and we aren't. It might not be the Big12, it might be the top of the MWC. Either way, we are being left behind.

Argue the semantics all you want- CSU is ahead of us, and leaving us behind quickly.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

CSU will come back to Earth. These things are cyclical
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:CSU will come back to Earth. These things are cyclical
Well when do we get our damn turn at the top then!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:CSU will come back to Earth. These things are cyclical
Well when do we get our damn turn at the top then!
:lol: That's what I want to know!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Big 12 for CSU?

Well, without a stadium: no frickin' prayer.

With a stadium: I still think it's unlikely...but not impossible.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

So if we have one 10-win season are we Big XII material?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:So if we have one 10-win season are we Big XII material?
Pfft! We're SEC material then!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If we won 10 games our coach would sure as poop be SEC material, actually probably NFL material.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:All over Twitter. Board of Governors in favor 8-0. Rams can officially strike dirt.

Really? Wyoming has already responded. The proposed $20 million high altitude athletic training center, the two -phase renovation of the AA, and other projects show Wyoming isn't standing still. If anything, the sheep are trying to catch up with Wyoming. A brand new stadium with no one there is still an empty stadium.

Do the Ewes have a shot at the Big 12? Maybe, only because they've got potential eyeballs and TV sets, something Wyoming won't have, thankfully, for years to come.

In stead of worrying about the sheep's new stadium, which is still not fully funded, BTW, the state of Wyoming should concentrate on getting the Pokes to the top of the MWC.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Really? Wyoming has already responded. The proposed $20 million high altitude athletic training center, the two -phase renovation of the AA, and other projects show Wyoming isn't standing still. If anything, the sheep are trying to catch up with Wyoming. A brand new stadium with no one there is still an empty stadium.

Do the Ewes have a shot at the Big 12? Maybe, only because they've got potential eyeballs and TV sets, something Wyoming won't have, thankfully, for years to come.

In stead of worrying about the sheep's new stadium, which is still not fully funded, BTW, the state of Wyoming should concentrate on getting the Pokes to the top of the MWC.
You are exactly right.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It's such a double-edged sword. I want to see our athletics go big time, but I hate people and big cities! The only reason CSU would ever get an invite to the Big XII would be because of the TV revenue which I never see that happening.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

The Virginian wrote:

The thing I admire about them, though, is that they have stated they are goaling for the B12. At least they have an ambitious vision. I'm sure they know it's the longest of shots, but at least they think big and are taking the necessary steps that they've determined are part of the process. Conference championships would be part of the norm if you're building towards the P5. We have decent facilities, sure, but I know we lack vision and drive. I've read too many times that the athletic department's goals are to finish in the top half of the league on a regular basis with possible contention for a championship every few years. Apparently we can wait more than 12 years before getting serious. Yay sixth place ribbons for all of us!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
The Virginian wrote:

The thing I admire about them, though, is that they have stated they are goaling for the B12. At least they have an ambitious vision. I'm sure they know it's the longest of shots, but at least they think big and are taking the necessary steps that they've determined are part of the process. Conference championships would be part of the norm if you're building towards the P5. We have decent facilities, sure, but I know we lack vision and drive. I've read too many times that the athletic department's goals are to finish in the top half of the league on a regular basis with possible contention for a championship every few years. Apparently we can wait more than 12 years before getting serious. Yay sixth place ribbons for all of us!

+100000!

This is exactly my point.

Too many Wyo fans want to pick apart irrelevant things and not look at the big picture.

Who cares if CSU isn't dreaming too big and come up short of their goal? Are us Wyo fans going to point and laugh at CSU for not making it to the Big12 in 5 years, meanwhile they have X amount of 10 win seasons, X amount of Big Dance appearances, and X MWC titles and Top 25 rankings?
While we sit here getting a new coach again in 4 years and saying "THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT!"

CSU is doing so much more than we are.
Laugh at their dream, but at least they have one. We are the pathetic guy who lives with his mom at 30, making fun of the kids who didn't accomplish everything they wanted, and make fun of them for dreaming big.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

No, actually they aren't...no matter how many times you say it.

Though I suppose there's no harm in you calling the UW Trustees to see if they want to build another on campus football stadium. Who knows, they might think two would be nice.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

SnowyRange wrote:
No, actually they aren't...no matter how many times you say it.

Though I suppose there's no harm in you calling the UW Trustees to see if they want to build another on campus football stadium. Who knows, they might think two would be nice.
What we should really do is thank Tony Frank for driving CSU's construction debt to near $1 billion (yes, billion) and further increasing tuition and student loan debt on his students!

Great job, goatee boy! :tickedoff:

In the meantime, at good ol' UW:

http://kowb1290.com/university-of-wyomi ... -students/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Indeed. That $250+ million dollar stadium is going to do great the five or six times they use it a year.

Awesome!
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa