Colorado State Approves New Stadium

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don't see big 12 going west for teams. I see one florida team (UFC) and one team near West Virginia (Louisville or cinci)

Florida for recruiting and tv purposes. UFC has one of the largest schools attendance wise and Orlando is a good tv market. Recruiting would improve as Florida is a rich recruiting bed.

Then I see a travel partner for West Virginia that makes geographical and competitive sense.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I don't see big 12 going west for teams. I see one florida team (UFC) and one team near West Virginia (Louisville or cinci)

Florida for recruiting and tv purposes. UFC has one of the largest schools attendance wise and Orlando is a good tv market. Recruiting would improve as Florida is a rich recruiting bed.

Then I see a travel partner for West Virginia that makes geographical and competitive sense.
UFC? Don't you mean UCF i.e., Central Florida?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Yes... Auto correct strikes again
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

It will be interesting for sure. I think Cinci has a good shot. After that? I don't know. I wonder if they would be okay with a good bball school and adequate football? A Big 12 champ game will be worth a lot of money with the new playoff format; that alone might be enough to drive expansion. In other words, look at it like the value of the championship game as opposed to the value of the teams being added. Likely the last 2 slots at the P5 table are at stake.

CSU will definitely be in the discussion as will BYU. I wouldn't rule out Memphis and UConn probably would get some consideration though are likely too far east.

For the MWC, I think CSU and perhaps UNM would be the only teams on the radar but who knows.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I'll be very surprised if csu is taken. I look at csu on the same level as Houston. Eg fan support, facilities, etc. I think Houston would go before csu and think an eastern school goes before either one.

Byu is an attractive option but I'm not sure they can come to terms with byu regarding Sunday play etc. from a competition standpoint byu belongs but culturally isn't a fit and neither is geography.