Puzzling to a degree

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:Hey Doc, I've been watching Cowboy football since Bob Devaney was coach. Since those days of Devaney, we have only had two coaches stay longer than 5 years, Eaton (9) and Tiller (6). The rest of the coaches left in 5 years or less, either getting fired or leaving for greener pastures. I don't know if Bohl is the guy to turn this thing around, but history and culture show that if he is, he will be gone in less than 5 years. And if he isn't, he will be gone in 5 years. It's the way it is around here. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just telling you that no matter what he does, odds are that Bohl will not be the head coach of the Cowboys in 2019.
Or retired....our best coach retired. That was Paul Roach. In addition, Bohl doesn't have a history of jumping at the next available opportunity. He took the Wyoming job because he likes the area, likes the situation, and because he believes he will be successful here.

If he has success, which I think he will, I'm not in the camp that he will leave within 5 years.

Go POkes!!
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

Is it hard to come down off of that cross and speak with us unwashed 'proles?
Sheesh.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i get used to 4-8, 5-7, 6-6 seasons year in and year out, that's why I get excited when a 7-5 or better comes along, alls I want is for use to compete for a conference title every now and then, I just think we can't get those type of athletes anymore tho...sad but true, i can't wait for the bigger schools to truly break free and then maybe us lesser haves will have a chance to play for something someday down the road
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

stymeman wrote: i can't wait for the bigger schools to truly break free and then maybe us lesser haves will have a chance to play for something someday down the road
I disagree. I hope that Bohl can get us the Access slot and play in the Fiesta! Did you see our other Bowls?

Playoff or no playoff, I just couldn't get that excited about a constant slate of Western Michigan, Navy, some Louisiana school, etc. The goal of getting to and winning a big Bowl game is what is exciting for me. JMO.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:i get used to 4-8, 5-7, 6-6 seasons year in and year out, that's why I get excited when a 7-5 or better comes along, alls I want is for use to compete for a conference title every now and then, I just think we can't get those type of athletes anymore tho...sad but true, i can't wait for the bigger schools to truly break free and then maybe us lesser haves will have a chance to play for something someday down the road
In my opinion, it is about coaching and having that coach get the players to run his systems. Wyoming has as many players in the NFL right now than they usually have. So, I'm not sure the level of athlete is worse now than in the past. I think Bohl needs to be given more than a year. Obviously DC didn't succeed at his first head coaching gig. Joe was too loyal to his OC.....otherwise he might be coaching today. Much of this might be the amount of money spent on quality assistant coaches. Paul Roach had a great system in place., even Dana Dimel was successful.....but something happened that has cursed us for the better part of the past 14 years.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I felt way better after DC's first year. Who didn't?

We had a won the Boot in a dramatic way which got us into a bowl game, beat a strong Fresno team in a bowl game (WE WON OUR 2ND BOWL GAME SINCE 1967!) and had Austyn Carta-Samuels the returning MWC Freshman of the Year.
We almost beat a ranked Utah team in SLC too. W

Hell yeah after 1 season of DC we felt WAY better. Regardless of what happened in year 2, we came 1 win away from the MWC title in year 3.

Let that sink in folks. We competed, with DC has our coach, with Boise and TCU for the MWC title. Sure we lost both games when it mattered, but that was as close as we have been to a MWC football title...ever.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:I felt way better after DC's first year. Who didn't?

We had a won the Boot in a dramatic way which got us into a bowl game, beat a strong Fresno team in a bowl game (WE WON OUR 2ND BOWL GAME SINCE 1967!) and had Austyn Carta-Samuels the returning MWC Freshman of the Year.

Hell yeah after 1 season of DC we felt WAY better. Regardless of what happened in year 2, we came 1 win away from the MWC title in year 3.

Let that sink in folks. We competed, with DC has our coach, with Boise and TCU for the MWC title. Sure we lost both games when it mattered, but that was as close as we have been to a MWC football title...ever.
We were just as close if not closer the MW's inaugural season, if I remember right.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Came down to a game in SD.....which we lost or would have won it outright :cry:

But yes I was def excited about wyo fb again......just like after vegas bowl..........ugh

last two coaches came in and showed improvement right away..then....well.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 44 times

Brew_Poke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:I felt way better after DC's first year. Who didn't?

We were just as close if not closer the MW's inaugural season, if I remember right.
Had we beaten SDSU, there would've been a four way tie for the title that year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!