Why this year was not a failure...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
stymeman wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
stymeman wrote:it wasn't a failure, but I'm sure hoping for massive improvements next year, and shooting for 6-6, possibly 7-5 as next years schedule isn't the toughest we've ever had
However, we lose a lot of experience on both sides of the ball, like Rufran on the offense and Mertens on defense. So, don't be surprised if some places on the team have less production than this year's.

yeah and oh goodie...lol
Well, this year and next were going to be painful if anyone really thought about it. Year 3 is when we should begin to see an upwards trend.
Signed, Jim McElwaine
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
stymeman wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
stymeman wrote:it wasn't a failure, but I'm sure hoping for massive improvements next year, and shooting for 6-6, possibly 7-5 as next years schedule isn't the toughest we've ever had
However, we lose a lot of experience on both sides of the ball, like Rufran on the offense and Mertens on defense. So, don't be surprised if some places on the team have less production than this year's.

yeah and oh goodie...lol
Well, this year and next were going to be painful if anyone really thought about it. Year 3 is when we should begin to see an upwards trend.
Signed, Jim McElwaine
Year 3 for him too, I think it was, when he got it going. Though he did have the benefit of having Grayson already there. And Slappy Ribbs.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

hithere wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:WOW, if this was a heavyweight fight Beaver just knocked the f-word out of KansasPoke!
Yes! Excellent analogy. But I scored it differently.

You know you're in for a great night when the card girls collide before the 1st round and the white and mighty pugilists are belting it out over a 4-8 season and Oregon State's record!

What the hell? I'm gone for a few days and I have been knocked out?! Not a chance in hell.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

7-5 will be your 2015 record and a bohl game. Guaranteed then 2016 is when you take off with new recruits and the winning culture takes over
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i want 7-5(at least) next year, the schedule isn't nearly as brutal!!!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote: Not trying to rain on the parade but I am so sick of "Waiting til next year".
Given that the season is over, we're kind of forced to wait until next year...
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

The Virginian wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: Not trying to rain on the parade but I am so sick of "Waiting til next year".
Given that the season is over, we're kind of forced to wait until next year...
I said before this last season started that we would need a lot of patience, but I knew "patience" was not even in these youngsters vocabulary.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LKGates
Ranch Hand

lakesbison wrote:7-5 will be your 2015 record and a bohl game. Guaranteed then 2016 is when you take off with new recruits and the winning culture takes over
Hey guys. Utah State fan here.

I'm with this guy. I think it is a mistake to talk about "success" or "failure" for your 2014 season. Unfortunately, this was a transition season. It's a sad reality for the players, especially for the seniors, but it is what it is. I think you're going to have a similar experience to what we had with Gary Andersen. Remember, GA went 4-8 each of his first TWO seasons at USU. Of course, we were farther down than you guys to start. A LOT farther. Bottom 10 farther. It wasn't until his third year that things really started to change, and the big payoff wasn't until the fourth year.

I think Bohl's a winner. For the sake of my Aggies, I hope he bolts for the Big 10 after his third year with you. I mean, I like you guys; you're my second favorite MWC team, but I want to keep kickin' yer ass.

Happy New Year!
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

Beavers logic is flawed in this aspect. P5 vs MWC.
There is no correlation.
We sucked this year period. There was no improvement, only marginal position changes and injury ridden player replacement with a lackluster roster to pull from. Assessment: Recruit quality players, coach them to their full capability, and build them up to be players to compete in each and every game. Win vastly more games than we have in the past decade and then we can talk about improvement. Bohl believes he can do this, now he must get down to the work at hand. In addition, fire Burman and change the culture and we can get on with the work that needs to be done with this acceptance of poop programs in revenue producing sports. Excuses are for losers, which we I believe are in virtually any significant discussion.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Linebackers & O line when Bohl gets the right combination of kids for those 2 positions then Wyoming will be 7-5 8-4 I promise
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:Linebackers & O line when Bohl gets the right combination of kids for those 2 positions then Wyoming will be 7-5 8-4 I promise
We have been looking for the right O-Line for 15 years. I promise.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

We have been looking for the right O-Line for 15 years. I promise.
Yep. We're part of a big club.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Next year will be good the next after will be your 10 win year
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I certainly hope you're right, but ten wins in just 2 years seems a bit high to me. Definitely would take it though.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:Next year will be good the next after will be your 10 win year
Lol what?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

If our offense is much improved this coming season - and I believe it will be - it will make our defense better just by keeping them off the field. And if our offense puts points on the board, it will force the other team to pass into our hopefully improved secondary. We'll need some fast linebackers to help out there and we need a strong DL to put pressure on their QB. A lot of ifs, and most of them are on the defense.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

I have tempered expectations for this year as well. I'll rage along with everyone else about one thing or another throughout the season, but if we hit 6 wins, I'll call it successful.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:Next year will be good the next after will be your 10 win year
Didn't you say Wyoming would win 7-8 in year 1? We're still waiting to be serenaded in Bohl's glory. BTW, you didn't tell us about the part where he loses by 49 points on senior night.

Seriously...give the man time. This isn't the MVC. 10 win seasons are a very long ways off. As fromolwyoming said, 6 wins would be a huge step forward next season.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Ok compromise at 8 wins. That'll make everyone happy!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:Ok compromise at 8 wins. That'll make everyone happy!!
You realize you are talking about d1 football right?