CFP Committee sells out

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Ok so it has to be said, OSU getting into the Play Offs is all about $$$$ and has nothing to do with who played who. But now it begs the question who is the B12 going to go after to get to 12 teams?

This year has made it obvious a conference without a Championship game has no chance of ever making the top 4. B12 got flat out screwed by a committee that might as well have been paid off.

So who goes to the B12? Name your top 2 teams, It's coming and it has to happen.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Media on Twitter have made it clear....it's Boise and BYU is you want great programs, Cincinnati and Memphis if you want TV sets. Hate to say it, but I think TV power will remain the deciding factor in all expansion. Schools like Colorado State can just stop, it's never going to happen. $$$$ comes from markets, not stadiums.

I don't think it happens just yet. Big XII will wait to see if their proposal to waive the 12-team requirement for a title game is approved this upcoming summer.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Media on Twitter have made it clear....it's Boise and BYU is you want great programs, Cincinnati and Memphis if you want TV sets. Hate to say it, but I think TV power will remain the deciding factor in all expansion. Schools like Colorado State can just stop, it's never going to happen. $$$$ comes from markets, not stadiums.

I don't think it happens just yet. Big XII will wait to see if their proposal to waive the 12-team requirement for a title game is approved this upcoming summer.
I don't think it will get waived and they will have to pickup two more teams.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: I don't think it will get waived and they will have to pickup two more teams.
I agree, I'm only pointing that out so when we inevitably hear rumors this spring, we know it's poop cause they won't pull any trigger until July at the very earliest.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: I don't think it will get waived and they will have to pickup two more teams.
I agree, I'm only pointing that out so when we inevitably hear rumors this spring, we know it's poop cause they won't pull any trigger until July at the very earliest.
I wouldn't be surprised to see BYU involved in that at all, But honestly I also wouldn't be surprised to see BSU/SDSU names coming into play mainly because of that Big East buddy pact and for the B12 to show interest in Idaho they would need a trael partner for Boise.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see BYU involved in that at all, But honestly I also wouldn't be surprised to see BSU/SDSU names coming into play mainly because of that Big East buddy pact and for the B12 to show interest in Idaho they would need a trael partner for Boise.
Agreed. Comes down to what the Big XII wants to emphasize...increasing overall football power in the conference to compete with the SEC (Boise/BYU)....or is this still about raking in more $$$$ (Cincy/Memphis) and nothing else?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

It'll be all about money. The schools in the Big 12 don't want to expand because they'll lose money. If they have to expand they'll take the biggest markets available to limit the amount of money they lose.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I wonder if Utah in the PAC will screw byu. The SLC market is good but if you split it, then it is just average. I remember T. Boone dead set against byu. Not that he is an AD or anything, but it would surprise me if he was the only one with that opinion.

I too think they expand, but if it were OU and Texas rather than TCU and Baylor, the selection might have been different.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11993892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting comments by Big 12 commish.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Alot of people are thinking a western expansion eg byu and Boise state. In reality I think the American Conference UCF and maybe Louisville? I think they would want a team in Florida and I think that some of the Eastern schools could be taken from power conferences.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

B12 commented a while ago they weren't interested in expanding west only east which would make sense as the travel for west coast addition would suck.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:Ok so it has to be said, OSU getting into the Play Offs is all about $$$$ and has nothing to do with who played who. But now it begs the question who is the B12 going to go after to get to 12 teams?

This year has made it obvious a conference without a Championship game has no chance of ever making the top 4. B12 got flat out screwed by a committee that might as well have been paid off.

So who goes to the B12? Name your top 2 teams, It's coming and it has to happen.
I thought it was strange that Ohio State was accepted over TCU or Baylor. On some level you can't just look at big wins but also look at bad losses.

TCU's only loss was to a one loss Baylor team
Baylors only loss was to a five loss west virginia
Ohio States only loss was to a six loss Virginia Tech.

of the three teams TCU had the "best" loss and Ohio State had the worst. Seems interesting to say the least. I think that is what bothers me the most about this playoff committee. Everyone has such short term memory and doesn't take into account the full body of work.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I think that is what bothers me the most about this playoff committee. Everyone has such short term memory and doesn't take into account the full body of work.
Oh, goodness, that committee is hyper-aware of that.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Spindoctor posted this on Facebook earlier.. read this over, then tell me the three teams you'd have in the playoff.

Team #1: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team on road by 1 score, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 113.
Team #2: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team on road by 1 score, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 120.
Team #3: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team on road by 2 scores, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 163.
Team #4: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 50 team at home by 2 scores, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 86.
Team #5: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team at home by 1 score, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 99.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:Spindoctor posted this on Facebook earlier.. read this over, then tell me the three teams you'd have in the playoff.

Team #1: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team on road by 1 score, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 113.
Team #2: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team on road by 1 score, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 120.
Team #3: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team on road by 2 scores, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 163.
Team #4: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 50 team at home by 2 scores, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 86.
Team #5: Conference Champion, only one loss to top 30 team at home by 1 score, avg Sagarin ranking of OOC opponents = 99.
I couldn't fairly pick 3 teams with that small amount of data, I need to know who lost to who and how many wins/losses those teams had not to mention would need to know about performance of the games. These are all things the committee needed to take under advisement and it would appear they didn't watch over half the games this year.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

That's not the point of this exercise. Of those five teams, which three do you pick for the playoff given the data.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:That's not the point of this exercise. Of those five teams, which three do you pick for the playoff given the data.
Find someone else I'm anti BCS and your just asking me to play along with what i'm against as those ratings listed are probably Baylor/TCU/OSU haha.

99/113/120, 86 is a good rating but getting beat by 2 scores at home by a top 50 team would really jack the weightings up.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

It's a fair method though. This is the only way to truly take out true bias based on school name and conference affiliation. While some might say that TCU and Baylor got hosed, others will say the Big XII is overrated. Too much personal bias involved in these which is why I'd like to see A 12-team bracket. Every conference champ gets in, 2 at large spots, if you are #13, tough poop, should have won your conference.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I said this on another board, but TCU or Baylor would be in if they had the money behind them like Texas or Oklahoma. This 4 team system is a scam just like the BCS system has been for years.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Or if their SOS was better than hot garbage and not co-champions. TCUs only loss was to a top 10 Baylor team on the road. Baylor's loss was to unranked West Virginia.
ImageImageImageImage