MWC Bowl Games 2014

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:Of course that's true, but still....they needed a late stop at home to narrowly beat Nevada too....and struggled away from home vs. a horrible UTSA team. They're in the Fiesta Bowl for a reason, but of all the teams Boise could have ended up playing, this is the easiest. f-word, Wyoming looked better vs. Oregon than UA did on Friday.

I'm not saying Boise will win, I'm just saying it's outlandish to say they don't have a chance. They're 3-point underdogs for goodness sake.
Yes, Arizona played in a number of close games this season. And if it wasn't for #CollegeKickers, they'd have been 11-1, and probably ranked in the top 6 going into that Pac12 title game.

Reasons why I like Arizona big:
1. How'd the MWC do against the Pac12 this season? 1-9.
2. Boise's best win = CSU; Arizona = Oregon
3. Scooby Wright III - best playmaking LB in NCAA D1 FBS
4. Grant Hedrick - need I say more?
5. Tucson to Glendale = 131 miles, Boise to Glendale = 898 miles ==> this is basically going to be a home game for Arizona
6. Grant Hedrick, so good I have to say it again

--------------
Honestly, all kidding aside, Arizona plays to the level of their opponent more than any team I've seen in a while. I see Arizona controlling this game, but pulling out a win late, 35-31.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Fair enough. A little harsh on Hedrick though. He's far from great, but he leads the nation in completion percentage (!!!), and nearly has the same amount of passing yards as Solomon despite 110 fewer passing attempts. He's no Kellen Moore, but those numbers vs. the 118th ranked pass defense are no bueno.