OT: Pelini to take HC job at...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Larawie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:It sounds like Pelini is an a-hole. I wouldn't want him if he is an A-hole.
Sounds like his latest tirade proved you correct. Doubt I would want to coach with or play for him. Obviously a head case.
A head case that can win consistently though.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote:
Larawie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:It sounds like Pelini is an a-hole. I wouldn't want him if he is an A-hole.
Sounds like his latest tirade proved you correct. Doubt I would want to coach with or play for him. Obviously a head case.
True, but would you want it to be at the expense of your own brain cells? I wouldn't. jmo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Consistently winning against lessor competition and losing against better, Seems really familiar.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

HA! Pelini is not in the minority of head coaches that act this way. I would say there are more Pelini's in D1 than the opposite (I would like to say Bohl, but you never know), only difference is most of them don't get caught in public being a dick.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

He did come across as a head case, but what if he's not a head case and is just right? I have no idea, but he definitely didn't fit at Nebraska, apparently.

It seems he has problems with Administration but the players really liked him; at least all I have seen is players really supporting him.

Nonetheless, I would have loved to have him as DC. Before anyone starts, I realize there was a 0% chance of that happening. I do wonder what Pelini is going to make at YS--not that he cares with the money he is going to get from NE.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

His comments were, I believe, directed at their AD Shawn Eichorst. I worked with Eichorst a little when I was at Wisconsin. He has a bit of an air of arrogance about him, but he certainly knows his stuff. I could see him rubbing some people the wrong way...