OT: Pelini to take HC job at...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Youngstown State. Did not see that one coming.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Seems like it would be really hard to go from stadiums of 100k with a sell out weekly to Youngstown state.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Seems like it would be really hard to go from stadiums of 100k with a sell out weekly to Youngstown state.
91,000 but still...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WTF?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Whoa. He is a Youngstown native, I guess, so there is that.

If the Youngstown State thing isn't done, Bohl should make a full-court press to get this guy as DC. Hell, DC at WYO surely at least equals HC at Youngstown State. Long shot, I know, but I would throw the offer out there. I would give him full control of the D.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

sure why not give it a go
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

It sounds like Pelini is an a-hole. I wouldn't want him if he is an A-hole.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:It sounds like Pelini is an a-hole. I wouldn't want him if he is an A-hole.
Curious where you heard that? Everything I've read from players has been the opposite, but I definitely have not read everything.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:It sounds like Pelini is an a-hole. I wouldn't want him if he is an A-hole.
Curious where you heard that? Everything I've read from players has been the opposite, but I definitely have not read everything.
I thought that was the main reason he was fired?? The trustees didn't like him because he is perceived as a butthole.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
I thought that was the main reason he was fired?? The trustees didn't like him because he is perceived as a butthole.
I definitely could be wrong on this, but I thought it was mainly because he didn't win big games and the butt kickings he received in some big games. I thought he is definitely a players coach and a good guy.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but that was my impression.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

On a separate note, I was/am a little worried he takes the CSU job.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote:On a separate note, I was/am a little worried he takes the CSU job.
I am glad to hear that CSU hasn't hired him yet because that means their success would have a good chance at continuing. On the other board they are talking about Utah's d coordinator, Sitake.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:On a separate note, I was/am a little worried he takes the CSU job.
I am glad to hear that CSU hasn't hired him yet because that means their success would have a good chance at continuing. On the other board they are talking about Utah's d coordinator, Sitake.
Their D-coordinator may want to see if Wells is going anywhere first.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
He was fired because they haven't won a conference or national championship yet, and UNL is so far up their own butt, they see this as unacceptable for their football program. That and the butt whoopings he has got a few times over his tenure. To Nebraska, the "Black Shirts" are God's gift to football, and for anyone to score more than 20 points on them is blasphemy...how dare Pelini disgrace such a storied tradtition.

This is why I really dislike Nebraska football and many of their supporters, they are living in an ignorant fantasy world. The world of college football has changed, and instead of accepting that their glory days are gone, they decide to blame the coach as being not up to the challenge.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
He was fired because they haven't won a conference or national championship yet, and UNL is so far up their own butt, they see this as unacceptable for their football program. That and the butt whoopings he has got a few times over his tenure. To Nebraska, the "Black Shirts" are God's gift to football, and for anyone to score more than 20 points on them is blasphemy...how dare Pelini disgrace such a storied tradtition.

This is why I really dislike Nebraska football and many of their supporters, they are living in an ignorant fantasy world. The world of college football has changed, and instead of accepting that their glory days are gone, they decide to blame the coach as being not up to the challenge.
I can't imagine living in a world where 9 wins or better, for what, 7 straight seasons, is unacceptable. That boggles my mind. Yeah I get it, bowls and national prominence are important, but there aren't too many coaches or programs out there who enjoy that level of consistent success. It may not get better from here...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Holy shizz. Anyone else see this....

"The University of Nebraska is contracted to pay Pelini $7.65 million in salary following his termination in the form of $150,000 monthly payments for the next 51 months. The total liquidation to be paid to Pelini is roughly $7.9 million."
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Their D-coordinator may want to see if Wells is going anywhere first.
A lot of buzz in slc right now about Bronco and his alma mater Oregon State as well. Sitake needs to ride this one out. Don't jump on the CSU wagon yet if BYU is a possibility. He has kids and stuff he wouldn't want to uproot.

That said, I don't think Bronco is going anywhere. He has pissed off a lot of the fans though because he called them uneducated. (Although I think Bronco is a douche, I love that he calls out his fans for being bigger douches,)
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

http://www.sltrib.com/home/1927418-155/ ... -by-oregon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Youngstown State. Did not see that one coming.

He's laughing all the way to the bank. 150K per/month up to 7.65 mil.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Sounds like his latest tirade proved you correct. Doubt I would want to coach with or play for him. Obviously a head case.