NDSU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: I pretty much agree. However, I think the program would struggle on the basketball side the most.
Every new team does. Nevada and Utah State have long traditions of success....they join the MW, neither has performed well. There is a reason the MW isn't considered a "mid-major" in basketball.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

NDSU would have been bottom half of the MWC
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

NDSU would be top 3 mwc easily Cmon guys it's a program a mindset of success. You can't teach that. 22 more full rides would really help!!

58-3 4 titles 4 FBS wins 6 nfl players and I can't even explain to you how amazing the closeness of the players are. It's a family.

Ps. Ndsu basketball is really good 11-5 now. Big dance win last year and with $46 million arena will continue to be good.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:NDSU would be top 3 mwc easily Cmon guys it's a program a mindset of success. You can't teach that. 22 more full rides would really help!!

58-3 4 titles 4 FBS wins 6 nfl players and I can't even explain to you how amazing the closeness of the players are. It's a family.

Ps. Ndsu basketball is really good 11-5 now. Big dance win last year and with $46 million arena will continue to be good.

Lol ndsu might be successful in the mwc after 3 or 4 years. They might hit a bowl game in year 1 or 2 but once teams figured them out they would get exposed for what they are. Fcs. D2. Not fbs. D1.

Also... feel free to tell me fcs is d1... it never gets old.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

And you realize the recruiting would take a step back relative to your competition?
Kids go to ndsu for the same reason they go to bama... they dominate at their levels. Wait til you have to recruit fbs players when you are a nobody in the fbs world. How is it working for Appy State?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Lol ndsu might be successful in the mwc after 3 or 4 years. They might hit a bowl game in year 1 or 2 but once teams figured them out they would get exposed for what they are. Fcs. D2. Not fbs. D1.

If you think FCS is the same as Division II, you are clueless as to the divisional structure of the NCAA.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
billings
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:And you realize the recruiting would take a step back relative to your competition?
Kids go to ndsu for the same reason they go to bama... they dominate at their levels. Wait til you have to recruit fbs players when you are a nobody in the fbs world. How is it working for Appy State?

Appy state had a good first year in FBS and never dominated FCS either
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

billings wrote: Appy state had a good first year in FBS and never dominated FCS either
What? App State once won the FCS title 3 years running.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

billings wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:And you realize the recruiting would take a step back relative to your competition?

Appy state had a good first year in FBS and never dominated FCS either
So did Georgia Southern...they won the Sun Belt Conference title. Couldn't go to a bowl though due to their transition to FBS status.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Rod wrote:
billings wrote: Appy state had a good first year in FBS and never dominated FCS either
And they did beat Michigan at the Big House in 2007.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
billings
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:

How long ago did they do that? Point is they moved up while not winning the FCS in quite awhile
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

billings wrote:How long ago did they do that? Point is they moved up while not winning the FCS in quite awhile
2005-2007
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Lol ndsu might be successful in the mwc after 3 or 4 years. They might hit a bowl game in year 1 or 2 but once teams figured them out they would get exposed for what they are. Fcs. D2. Not fbs. D1.

If you think FCS is the same as Division II, you are clueless as to the divisional structure of the NCAA.
I don't think it's the same. I know the difference. Trust me, the structure of college football is not a mystery to me. I just love when someone calls it d2 and ndsu fans lose their poop over it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

The MWC is so bad right now, most any team would challenge for at least middle of the pack. I too doubt NDSU would be top 3, but after that, who the heck knows. It was a garbled mess of a bunch of mediocre or worse teams.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

NDSU - on Wyonation. Wrong board.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Hayduke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:

I don't think it's the same. I know the difference. Trust me, the structure of college football is not a mystery to me. I just love when someone calls it d2 and ndsu fans lose their poop over it.
True D-1 championship is between Oregon and Ohio State. The idea that they call the FCS championship a D-1 championship is for the developmentally disabled.

Another point:

NDSU's athletic budget is $18,702,969. UND's is $22,077,150 (Hockey is the difference..but it also is a big revenue stream for them.) Colorado State University, $34,468,927

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... /finances/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wyoming is at $27,800,441

http://collegead.org/college-athletic-d ... t-budgets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would take more than a little fundraising to get those schools to the FBS level. I think NDSU has the best shot with their market and current success. But, they have to think D-1 to be D-1.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Hayduke wrote: True D-1 championship is between Oregon and Ohio State. The idea that they call the FCS championship a D-1 championship is for the developmentally disabled.
So if UND were to make the NCAA Basketball Tournament (I know, but humor me for a second), and somehow win the title, do we still call that the D1 championship?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Hayduke wrote: True D-1 championship is between Oregon and Ohio State. The idea that they call the FCS championship a D-1 championship is for the developmentally disabled.
So if UND were to make the NCAA Basketball Tournament (I know, but humor me for a second), and somehow win the title, do we still call that the D1 championship?
For hoops.

Real D1 in football is FBS
Hayduke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
For hoops.

Real D1 in football is FBS
Bingo.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
BJC
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
There isn't a difference in bball...come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!