POKES UNIFORMS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I did enjoy the brown helmet, gold jersey, brown pants look. Had the whole "leatherheads" look to it. Which is older school than Wyokie, therefor trumping his whole stripe obsession thing. :P
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

American football needs more rugby sized shorts to play in when the weather is nice.

Something like this would be nice....

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

alyssa wrote:American football needs more rugby sized shorts to play in when the weather is nice.

Something like this would be nice....

I sent that picture to you in confidence Alyssa!
W-Y, Until I Die!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Stripes on the helmet are ugly
No they're not!
Yeah they are

:trollface:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Arizona State just signed a 33 million dollar deal with Addidas. The radio shows are lighting up over how recruits will not come to Tempe because they will no longer be "cool"
Uniforms matter to kids these days. The times they are a changin. We better get something flashy going. Bohl is making a mistake by trying to stay traditional...
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

phxpoke wrote:Arizona State just signed a 33 million dollar deal with Addidas. The radio shows are lighting up over how recruits will not come to Tempe because they will no longer be "cool"
Uniforms matter to kids these days. The times they are a changin. We better get something flashy going. Bohl is making a mistake by trying to stay traditional...
Its definitely part of the equation like it or not.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote:
phxpoke wrote:Arizona State just signed a 33 million dollar deal with Addidas. The radio shows are lighting up over how recruits will not come to Tempe because they will no longer be "cool"
And in order to stay traditional, you have to have a tradition student athletes care about, and we don't
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
And in order to stay traditional, you have to have a tradition student athletes care about, and we don't
No you have to have a winning tradition period.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

why am I not surprised that we are having this conversation for the 100th time and someone is saying "the times are changin"... only in wyoming.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
why am I not surprised that we are having this conversation for the 100th time and someone is saying "the times are changin"... only in wyoming.

Like I said it isn't going to matter. Bohl will do his thing and never put names on the back of the jersey again! Traditional......fact is I heard they were going to an all white uni with plain white helmet next year. White numbers too! LOL
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times

DocHolliday wrote:Image
+1 to this concept.

To the link posted, :thumbdown: . Don't like the shoulder yolke color on the uniforms. Looks ugly and detracts from the overall uniform. I think it takes attention away from the helmet and the pants.
LKGates
Ranch Hand

Hey guys. Utah State fan here.

Any chance you could go with something a little frillier? You know, something with a little lace around the hems of the sleeves?

Just a thought.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

LKGates wrote:Hey guys. Utah State fan here.

Any chance you could go with something a little frillier? You know, something with a little lace around the hems of the sleeves?

Just a thought.
Nah, we'll leave that to you and the sheep. :lol:
mnewman92
Buckaroo

Can someone chalk up a concept of a brown nike jersey with just a gold steamboat logo on the front?
BJC
A Real Cowboy

mnewman92 wrote:Can someone chalk up a concept of a brown nike jersey with just a gold steamboat logo on the front?

Yes!!!
mnewman92
Buckaroo

Ok so this is my idea of the Steamboat logo jerseys. Think of the logo on the front but more in the style of Air Force's current nike jerseys. Air Force has the colored sleeves. So in this case it would be gold. But I like the pants idea from WyoPokes2 but with only one stripe of brown and due away with the white. And I would have had this as an alternate home jersey. Oh and solid gold numbers as well. (Click on the image for full size quality)
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

mnewman92 wrote:Ok so this is my idea of the Steamboat logo jerseys. Think of the logo on the front but more in the style of Air Force's current nike jerseys. Air Force has the colored sleeves. So in this case it would be gold. But I like the pants idea from WyoPokes2 but with only one stripe of brown and due away with the white. And I would have had this as an alternate home jersey. Oh and solid gold numbers as well. (Click on the image for full size quality)
Not sure but I think this is an illegal uni. I believe you have to have the number represented on both sides of the jersey. Also I think there is restrictions on the size of the logo........
mnewman92
Buckaroo

Slow Hand wrote:
mnewman92 wrote:Ok so this is my idea of the Steamboat logo jerseys. Think of the logo on the front but more in the style of Air Force's current nike jerseys. Air Force has the colored sleeves. So in this case it would be gold. But I like the pants idea from WyoPokes2 but with only one stripe of brown and due away with the white. And I would have had this as an alternate home jersey. Oh and solid gold numbers as well. (Click on the image for full size quality)
Not sure but I think this is an illegal uni. I believe you have to have the number represented on both sides of the jersey. Also I think there is restrictions on the size of the logo........
Nebraska has a big N on their alternates and I guess the front smaller numbers can be above the Nike swoosh or MW patch
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Bring back the '67 Poke's uniform. The greatest team in Wyoming history. Plain white helmets with no stipe, just Steamboat. Let's honor our heritage.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

White is not our color
W-Y, Until I Die!