Chad Reese

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Is returning to the team this spring. Should bring some depth and knows how to play, from the article it sounds like Tormey couldn't coach at '90s Dallas Cowboys team to a victory and Coach C was never HC material. Hope he succeeds this year and brings the pokes some great talent his last year.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Source?
Vapoke
Cowpoke

CST. Long article. Apparently he was at the game with Bosie. Back on the team as a walk-on
Triple-WY
Buckaroo

CST article

http://m.trib.com/sports/college/wyomin ... touch=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Thanks. Good story. I don't know how I feel about it. I don't like that he quit. I do believe, though, that DC and staff were vindictive and likely to not not give a guy a fair shake. It's admirable that he came back to finish the job. Hope he helps make a difference.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Not exactly the same situation, but Marcel Gipson also left the team and came back.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Good for Reese. I don't agree with quitting like that, everyone faces adversity and leadership that doesn't give a "fair shake", but I do agree with a second chance.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Bohl knows his future depth is a shallow wading pond. He would probably take any one with a pulse and any ability.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Good for him! Maybe he plays with extra passion this year
W-Y, Until I Die!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I'm seeing more and more clearly how inept DC was at developing players. What a clown.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Triple-WY wrote:CST article

http://m.trib.com/sports/college/wyomin ... touch=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great story. Good for you, Chad. Welcome back
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

djm19 wrote:I'm seeing more and more clearly how inept DC was at developing players. What a clown.
Ditto. Good riddance to DC, and a big welcome back to Reese.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Who cares if he quit? He learned a lesson and is trying to make right. It's called life, especially of someone in their early 20s. Buncha badasses on here that have never made a mistake nor quit anything in their lives. :willybs:
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

W-Y, Until I Die!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Who cares if he quit? He learned a lesson and is trying to make right. It's called life, especially of someone in their early 20s. Buncha badasses on here that have never made a mistake nor quit anything in their lives. :willybs:

WTH? No one is saying that. In fact, quite opposite of your broad strokes comment. Everyone is welcoming him back and placing blame on coaching. Jeez man.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Who cares if he quit? He learned a lesson and is trying to make right. It's called life, especially of someone in their early 20s. Buncha badasses on here that have never made a mistake nor quit anything in their lives. :willybs:
This is how I feel about ACS and Shamiel Gary.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:
This is how I feel about ACS and Shamiel Gary.
I feel that way about any kid faced with the tough choices of being on their own for the first time. That poop isn't easy and to think everyone is going to make the perfect decision with no mistakes is just insane.

I only draw the line with people that make mistakes over and over and never learn from them those people it's w/e
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I overreacted a bit on here. Been reading comments online about how "he's a quitter", etc just got me all fired up.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I will be the first to admit, I don't like when people quit, but I will also give people multiple chances if their heart is in the right place.

Two years ago, I blamed Reese for quitting the team. Of course, we did not know the whole story which was a good reminder for me when these kids make decisions to not immediately pass judgment on why.

That said, NOW THAT WE KNOW MORE DETAILS, I realize how big of douches are coaches were. Where was Mike Vorel two years ago? He seems to dig up info like no one I have seen. He even had a call into Tormey who never replied. I love it. Hold these guys accountable indirectly.

I am glad Reese is back. If he works his tail off, I think Bohl will give him a shot. If he doesn't, he may get a similar treatment though.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

experience will help if he truly makes the team!!!