Tevis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Per twitter, he is committing to Utah tomorrow.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Wait. I just pulled a CNN. He is committing tomorrow morning at 8:30, Utah is one of the final schools. Nothing official yet. I read that wrong.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

djm19 wrote:Wait. I just pulled a CNN. He is committing tomorrow morning at 8:30, Utah is one of the final schools. Nothing official yet. I read that wrong.
Are we even a finalist?
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Here I go again...if he doesn't pick Wyoming I'll have little interest in his decision or how he fares wherever else he might decide to go.

Now allow me to be proactive and tell those who will no doubt disagree with my feelings and then resort to caustic commentary as the result...this is MY feeling. Mine alone.

If you agree with me, great, if not, great too.

It's gotten pretty sad that in order to post an opinion, a feeling, or a thought here, one must also come equipped with a disclaimer as well in advance of hostile reactions.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

DocHolliday wrote:Here I go again...if he doesn't pick Wyoming I'll have little interest in his decision or how he fares wherever else he might decide to go.

Now allow me to be proactive and tell those who will no doubt disagree with my feelings and then resort to caustic commentary as the result...this is MY feeling. Mine alone.

It's gotten pretty sad that in order to post an opinion, a feeling, or a thought here, one must also come equipped with a disclaimer as well in advance of hostile reactions.
I agree with you, Doc. If he doesn't commit to us, then nothing more to see. Need to focus on who wants to be here.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:Here I go again...if he doesn't pick Wyoming I'll have little interest in his decision or how he fares wherever else he might decide to go.

I agree with you, Doc. If he doesn't commit to us, then nothing more to see. Need to focus on who wants to be here.
Really hoping this kid decides to stay in state and help this program rise from the ashes...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I think we're a long shot. You can't really blame an 18 year old kid for not being able to turn down everything Oregon has to offer. Will he regret not staying close to home 20 years from now? Perhaps. But it's not fair to hate on him for wanting what he wants. I wish him the best wherever he goes, but if he decides to be a duck I hope he has a terrible game when they come to Laramie.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote:I think we're a long shot. You can't really blame an 18 year old kid for not being able to turn down everything Oregon has to offer. Will he regret not staying close to home 20 years from now? Perhaps. But it's not fair to hate on him for wanting what he wants. I wish him the best wherever he goes, but if he decides to be a duck I hope he has a terrible game when they come to Laramie.
Then again, and I am just saying...who says he's sees the field at Oregon over the next couple of seasons?

Stay home, Tevis.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

DocHolliday wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:I think we're a long shot. You can't really blame an 18 year old kid for not being able to turn down everything Oregon has to offer. Will he regret not staying close to home 20 years from now? Perhaps. But it's not fair to hate on him for wanting what he wants. I wish him the best wherever he goes, but if he decides to be a duck I hope he has a terrible game when they come to Laramie.
Then again, and I am just saying...who says he's sees the field at Oregon over the next couple of seasons?

Stay home, Tevis.
That's a horrible recruiting pitch, but I see your point haha. I think he'll regret it if he decides to play (or ride the pine) elsewhere, but you can't blame the kid for going after that opportunity
tweaked
Ranch Hand

Bohl is going to turn this program around ... Tevis, you could be the tipping point: c'mon on board. Be part of something really special. And this state will be yours after you hang up the cleats.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wow. I did not see that coming. DC probably laughing his ass off.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

tweaked wrote:Bohl is going to turn this program around ... Tevis, you could be the tipping point: c'mon on board. Be part of something really special. And this state will be yours after you hang up the cleats.
Yes, tweaked! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I will root for him as long as he avoids BYU, Utah, and CSU. I would love to see him in brown and gold, but I understand why he would want to take a shot a the top level.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Twitter did not say he was going to utah. It said it was a big day for Utah as one of their top targets was DECIDING.

@DougKimmelScout · 11h 11 hours ago
Utah has 2 top prospects committing tomorrow, w/ Tevis Bartlett deciding in the AM & Tipa Galeai committing at night. Big day for the #Utes

He later clarified

Field is wide open, was saying that two big prospects (for Utah) are announcing tomorrow & when. No shot calling here...
djm19
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote:Twitter did not say he was going to utah. It said it was a big day for Utah as one of their top targets was DECIDING.

@DougKimmelScout · 11h 11 hours ago
Utah has 2 top prospects committing tomorrow, w/ Tevis Bartlett deciding in the AM & Tipa Galeai committing at night. Big day for the #Utes

He later clarified

Field is wide open, was saying that two big prospects (for Utah) are announcing tomorrow & when. No shot calling here...
Yeah, I know. I clarified that in the second post here. Here is to hoping.... :coffee:
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I think some of these guys that are "good enough" to play for a PAC 12 school, but not quite "good enough" to actually play, are finding out they would probably be best served to go to a smaller school if they want to play. I know BeaverPoke and a few others have strong opinions on going to bigger schools. And although I agree with you guys that if you were a stud and was going to play, then yes. But can these "good enough" players REALLY compete with guys like Mariota? I don't think so.

For example, take Benedict Arnold, I mean Jason Thompson. He left a guaranteed starting postion for like three years to pursue his career in the magnificent Pac 12. Guess what JT, you and SEVEN other QBs are in the same boat. Good choice.

Utah currently has 7 QBs. SEVEN.

Travis Wilson
Donovan Isom
Brandon Cox
Adam Schultz
Connor Manning
Chase Hansen
Kendell Thompson
Jason Thompson

Come to UW Tevis and make a difference. You are just another guy in some of these other schools.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

IMO, he will commit to either Oregon, Iowa, or Wyoming. Depends on if wrestling is still in the picture.

I hope he chooses the home state team.

Go Pokes!!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:I think some of these guys that are "good enough" to play for a PAC 12 school, but not quite "good enough" to actually play, are finding out they would probably be best served to go to a smaller school if they want to play. I know BeaverPoke and a few others have strong opinions on going to bigger schools. And although I agree with you guys that if you were a stud and was going to play, then yes. But can these "good enough" players REALLY compete with guys like Mariota? I don't think so.

For example, take Benedict Arnold, I mean Jason Thompson. He left a guaranteed starting postion for like three years to pursue his career in the magnificent Pac 12. Guess what JT, you and SEVEN other QBs are in the same boat. Good choice.

Utah currently has 7 QBs. SEVEN.

Travis Wilson
Donovan Isom
Brandon Cox
Adam Schultz
Connor Manning
Chase Hansen
Kendell Thompson
Jason Thompson

Come to UW Tevis and make a difference. You are just another guy in some of these other schools.
He will not be playing QB at the D-1 level, so what Utah has for quarterbacks is moot.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

My point wasn't he was playing QB. Dam people. Read it closer. My point was that he would get lost in the fray in a bigger conference. DOESNT'T MATTER THE POSITION. I was merely using JT as an example. The It in Wyo and BURIED at Utah.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

J-Rod wrote:Wow. I did not see that coming. DC probably laughing his ass off.
Why? It seems like Oregon and Iowa are the frontrunners. Utah is a long shot, although I guess we will find out shortly.