Tevis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Well, DTM now. Good luck Tevis. Too bad.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Damnit. Whatever, big mistake in my opinion. Good luck, Tevis.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Shows what I know. Still wasn't Utah though.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

That's the wrong UW Tevis
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Washington. Interesting.

Oh well, the UW will be moving on I am sure. James Johnson round 2...

EDIT: Balloons? LMAO.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Meh.....
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Yep. I just hate to see Wyo players go out of state. I am glad it wasn't Utah or CSU. That would have stung worse.

Bohl has his work cut out for him. Let's be honest, the majority of our recruiting battles are FCS schools. Even when you look at some of our "bigger" commitments this year, the list of their offers are fairly minimal.

Next up, Porter Gustin coming to WY!!! Where is Mr. Large to confirm this?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Washington? Well, always wanted a reason to say this,

f-word you Peterson! Asshole.

I feel better now.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Yep. I just hate to see Wyo players go out of state. I am glad it wasn't Utah or CSU. That would have stung worse.

Bohl has his work cut out for him. Let's be honest, the majority of our recruiting battles are FCS schools. Even when you look at some of our "bigger" commitments this year, the list of their offers are fairly minimal.

I will just add that if you look at who Wyoming competed with in the past, many of the recruits didn't have other offers. And, we are not just competing with FCS schools for recruits. We've won recruiting battles against a few FBS schools. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a recruit we are after who has mainly fcs offers

He is getting recruits based off his name alone. If and when we start putting a winning product on the field, we'll see an upgrade in the recruiting level.

ps. Who is USU winning recruiting battles against?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Petersen is going to do well at Washington. I'm not sure we ever beat out P5 for our State recruits.

Our High School leagues aren't as good as other States at developing talent. Our in-State success will rely on identifying raw talent and then developing it.

I don't think Brett Keisel was highly recruited, right? I wonder how many kids like that actually slip through the cracks? Regardless, Wyoming just doesn't have a lot of CFB talent.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
djm19 wrote:Yep. I just hate to see Wyo players go out of state. I am glad it wasn't Utah or CSU. That would have stung worse.

I will just add that if you look at who Wyoming competed with in the past, many of the recruits didn't have other offers. And, we are not just competing with FCS schools for recruits. We've won recruiting battles against a few FBS schools. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a recruit we are after who has mainly fcs offers

He is getting recruits based off his name alone. If and when we start putting a winning product on the field, we'll see an upgrade in the recruiting level.

What? Most of our players did not have any other FBS offers. Wick didnt. He has said in interviews he came to wyo because it was his only FBS offer.

And USU started winning recruiting battles with byu and even utah all because of Gary Andersen. Andersen had been recruiting the state of utah for so long by the time he got to logan he was able to steal those kids.

if bohl is going to do that we need him recruiting minnesota, the dakotas, and nebraska.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:IMO, he will commit to either Oregon, Iowa, or Wyoming. Depends on if wrestling is still in the picture.

I hope he chooses the home state team.

Go Pokes!!
Well?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Washington. Now that he chose to go elsewhere, we can all wish him well but stop talking about him. Let the Huskies get excited over him now.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:

I am not turning this into a pissing match USU vs Wyo. USU is in the same boat as Wyo in many facets. My point was that very rarely do we win recruiting battles versus any legit FBS schools. We get all excited about guys like Tevis and I need to temper those expectation. Simply put, Wyoming players are guys that need a chance. Trust me, I love that the Pokes are made up of guys that maybe "no one else wanted." That said, we very rarely get players who PICKED us over a legit FBS school.

Would you consider ANY of these offers from other schools "big time"

Brett Smith - New Mex State, SJSU and Eastern Washington

Shaun Wick - Northern Col and Sacramento State

CJ Johnson (Our "bigtime recruit" from this year ...GATORADE PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN NEBRASKA mind you)
Offers? - Illinois State, Liberty (Where the hell is that), NDSU, Ohio, South Dakota State, Western Michigan

Brian Hill - Only offer was from UW
https://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/football/ ... ill-151511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marqueston Huff - Only offer from UW
https://rivals.yahoo.com/wyoming/footba ... uff-104058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gibson was a great pickup. I see some legit schools on there.
http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... pson-76851" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djm19
WyoNation Addict

This is interesting looking at all of our offers, and who we were competing against. There are some great gets on there for sure. Give me a guy like Wick over some 3 star entitled guy any day

http://wyoming.247sports.com/Season/201 ... all/Offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Kellen Overstreet is a good get this year as well.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Oh...I thought ya'll were saying it was Utah. I've been busy lately...

Washington? Not going to lie, that came out of nowhere. Few knew they were even involved.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Oh...I thought ya'll were saying it was Utah. I've been busy lately...

Washington? Not going to lie, that came out of nowhere. Few knew they were even involved.
I pulled a wedding nighter. Prematurely spilled the info. I read it wrong on twitter.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Guess that means his wrestling career is over.