MWC Bowl Games

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
GoPokes86 wrote:So it's an academic year he has to sit out, not the athletic season?
Technically the final game of the year is the end of the season. The Bowl season isn't included in the regular season he already set out all season.
The bowl season (or any postseason in any sport) definitely counts as part of the season. I just read an article about Boise transfers who can't travel to the bowl because they aren't eligible to play due to ncaa transfer requirements. Its definitely a little confusing. Some athletes are on a winter-summer schedule while others have the traditional fall-spring academic year. I would think that to be fair and avoid issues the NCAA wouldn't make the requirement an academic year for that reason. I hope someone follows up on this, I'd be interested to know the details.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

It just showes when you can field a defense you can win games. Utah hasn't had the best defenses over the years but they don't neglect them like Wyoming and much of the MWC has lately.

I hope Bohl keeps on maintaining a balance between the two. You have to score to win. You gotta stop the other team from scoring to win.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/drivechar ... =400610221" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Jason played because he has sat out more than a year. Nothing to do with academic year, etc. He sat out one year. Been all over the radio here that JT could see the field in a bowl game.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:Jason played because he has sat out more than a year. Nothing to do with academic year, etc. He sat out one year. Been all over the radio here that JT could see the field in a bowl game.
I thought his transfer wasn't finalized until january. What do you mean by sit out more than a year?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Not a great showing by the MWC so far. The only real surprise, though, is Nevada falling. I thought Utah would manhandle CSU. It really illustrates the vast difference between the MWC and Pac. A BSU win would really help, but I think AZ blows them out as well.

It sucks. The MWC has deteriorated so much; we have a lot of work to do.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I thought mwc had a reasonable showing so far. 2-2 in bowl games is by definition average.

Csu missing their head coach couldn't have helped.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I thought mwc had a reasonable showing so far. 2-2 in bowl games is by definition average.

Csu missing their head coach couldn't have helped.
True. Also, Utah is a good team this year. If the MWC wins the rest sans the AZ game, then not too bad. If the MWC drops another sans the AZ game, then not too good.

In the end, BSU vs. AZ is all that will be remembered anyway.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

cali2wyo wrote:
djm19 wrote:Jason played because he has sat out more than a year. Nothing to do with academic year, etc. He sat out one year. Been all over the radio here that JT could see the field in a bowl game.
I thought his transfer wasn't finalized until january. What do you mean by sit out more than a year?
I don't know when the transfer was finalized, all I know is they were saying that if utah made it to a bowl game that Jason would be eligible. Something about him meeting at least 365 days of sitting out before playing in this next game
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
I don't know when the transfer was finalized, all I know is they were saying that if utah made it to a bowl game that Jason would be eligible. Something about him meeting at least 365 days of sitting out before playing in this next game
I was suprised when I saw him in there until I thought about it a while. He transferred after the first semester last year. So he sat out two semesters at Utah. Spring last year and Fall this year. You don't see it much because who is going to put a player in only for a bowl game usually a transfer is redshirting during that time but Jason couldn't so might as well throw him in. I guess it shows he is already pretty high on the depth chart.

It is just like basketball. If you transfer during the first semester you are eligible at your next school during after the first semester ends.