Christensen leaving Utah...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

...for Texas A&M, according to chatter on Twitter. The Utes are crashing back to earth pretty hard.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Just saw that. Wow

:coffee:
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Wow. Were we fooled or what when he came to Wy. What an @sshole.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Meh. Don't really care about Texas A&M. Don't care about him anymore either. A perfect fit.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I feel bad for Jason Thompson though. He follows him to Utah, sits out a year and practically loses an entire year of eligibility, only to see his o coordinator leave once he becomes eligible. Poor dude. I hope he still finds success.
I hate to play the what if game... But based on our qb play this year and the suspected lack of confidence in next years group (signing jc qb's, changing positions, etc.) I can only imagine how different the state of the wyoming football team would be if he stayed put.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

For OL line coach and run game coordinator???
W-Y, Until I Die!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

cali2wyo wrote:I feel bad for Jason Thompson though. He follows him to Utah, sits out a year and practically loses an entire year of eligibility, only to see his o coordinator leave once he becomes eligible. Poor dude. I hope he still finds success.
I hate to play the what if game... But based on our qb play this year and the suspected lack of confidence in next years group (signing jc qb's, changing positions, etc.) I can only imagine how different the state of the wyoming football team would be if he stayed put.
Why?? He left a program where he was a likely 3 year starter and all but guaranteed to start his sophomore year to go somewhere with 8 QBs and probably never play... I don't really feel bad for him, he transferred away from Wyoming and a guaranteed opportunity to follow an ass hole coach. I mean, does it suck for him? Yeah, it does, but I don't know if I would feel bad for a kid that left our program that was going to be given a chance to play
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

gopokes1399 wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:I feel bad for Jason Thompson though. He follows him to Utah, sits out a year and practically loses an entire year of eligibility, only to see his o coordinator leave once he becomes eligible. Poor dude. I hope he still finds success.
Why?? He left a program where he was a likely 3 year starter and all but guaranteed to start his sophomore year to go somewhere with 8 QBs and probably never play... I don't really feel bad for him, he transferred away from Wyoming and a guaranteed opportunity to follow an ass hole coach. I mean, does it suck for him? Yeah, it does, but I don't know if I would feel bad for a kid that left our program that was going to be given a chance to play
I agree that I don't really feel bad especially because he has already played and is likely going to be a contender for the starting job at Utah next season.

Sucks for us more than jason. We go bowling last season with Jason instead of 4-8
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:For OL line coach and run game coordinator???
I read the A&M staff was impressed with his spread run schemes at Utah and Wyoming. Booker and Wick are fine backs, but I was never impressed with the the east/ west style running plays he would dial up. He also never really developed a great offensive line at Wyoming. i must be missing something. As far as Jason, i saw him play in the Bowl game. i assumed he had to sit out after transfering. What's the deal with that?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

gopokes1399 wrote:
Fair enough. I guess I just feel bad because DC totally betrayed him. He had a great opportunity here, it must've taken a pretty impressive recruiting pitch from Christensen to pry him away and make him lose a year of eligibility. Now the guy who's promised him this new opportunity is bolting just as he becomes eligible to play.

Of course, he's quoted as saying that it was his dream to play qb in the PAC 12 and he had family play at Utah. If he went there because Christensen convinced him and made false promises, I feel bad for the guy. But if he transferred simply because he didn't want to be at wyoming, I agree with you. I couldn't care less what happens to him
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

mwc fan wrote: As far as Jason, i saw him play in the Bowl game. i assumed he had to sit out after transfering. What's the deal with that?
The way I understand it, he was eligible after he sat out 2 semesters at Utah. Since he already burned his redshirt here, he couldn't sit out all year and keep 3 years of eligibility. So they played him as soon as he was eligible.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Guess Kevin Sumlin isn't as smart as I thought.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Well, Jason did get a PAC scholarship out of this deal where he didn't have one coming out of high school
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DC will be fine at Texas A&M.
He doesnt have to try and convince kids to come to Laramie. He is convincing kids to go to Texas A&M and the SEC. Recruiting just got a whole bunch easier for him. He will get the line he needs. And the RBs.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

No one was as surprised as me how well Utah did this season considering the coaching poop show they rolled out.

However, with the PAC12 looking as if it wants to be the new WAC, all O and no D, Christensen didn't deliver the goods. With his performance this year, he was bound to be fired or demoted. He simply jumped on the first train out of Dodge. In conference, Utah was last in the majority of offensive statistical categories, total offense, passing offense, pass efficiency. They only out scored the offensive juggernaughts that are Oregon State and Stanford. He hitched his wagon to the fact that they somehow managed to gain an extra couple dozen rushing yards per game than last season and probably sold himself to Texas A&M as some sort of O-line and running guru. With Missouri literally rushing over Texas A&M this year, maybe they thought there was some kind of connection with Christensen.

Head Coach-Offensive Coordinator-Position Coach-I love the career path. Although he is ending up in better conferences each time... Who knows, maybe he follows his little padawan Arroyo to the next higher conference, the NFL. He can't f-word that up any worse than Arroyo did with Tampa Bay this year. It's so good that these useless twats are far removed from our team.

If ACS gets a promotion next season at Missouri are he and Christensen on the same rung of the coaching ladder?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

There is talk that Whittingham may be out too....
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:There is talk that Whittingham may be out too....
I had a feeling that might be coming.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I feel sorry for Thompson because there was most likely a promise to play involved between leaving UW and going to Utah and it's doubtful that will continue to be honored so he could find himself as a 5th year senior with basically no game time.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:DC will be fine at Texas A&M.
He doesnt have to try and convince kids to come to Laramie. He is convincing kids to go to Texas A&M and the SEC. Recruiting just got a whole bunch easier for him. He will get the line he needs. And the RBs.
Clearly you've never been to College Station. SEC definitely helps, and plenty of program prestige to help recruit to A&M, but College Station...yikes, not anything to write home about besides A&M itself.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:DC will be fine at Texas A&M.
Clearly you've never been to College Station. SEC definitely helps, and plenty of program prestige to help recruit to A&M, but College Station...yikes, not anything to write home about besides A&M itself.
Who cares he still has 4 and 5 star players at his disposal now.