Rufran at the Sugar Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

The just showed the Allstate Good Works team and Rufran made it on camera.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/ ... ase3/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Thought the university would be promoting this?? If they didn't, I missed it. By this I mean the appearance.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

NORTHBROOK, Ill., September 23, 2014 – Allstate Insurance Company and the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) today announced the roster for the 2014 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®. This prestigious college football award pays tribute to a select group of student-athletes who have worked to positively impact the lives of others. The 22 players honored with this distinct recognition have not only dedicated their time to succeeding on the field, but have made a commitment to enriching the lives of others while contributing to the greater good of their communities.

For more than two decades the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team® has been one of the most esteemed awards in college sports. This summer, the program received a record 182 nominations from colleges and universities across the country. A voting panel comprised of former Allstate AFCA Good Works Team® members and college football media reviewed the nominees in an effort to select 11 players from the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision and 11 players from the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision, Divisions II, III and the NAIA to comprise the 22-player team.

“Allstate takes an immense amount of pride in working with the AFCA to recognize these student-athletes for their good works that have made a positive impact on communities across the country and, in some cases, across the world,” said Jim Haskins, president of Allstate’s West Territory and a member of the 2014 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team® voting panel. “Allstate is a proud supporter of NCAA football and it is an honor to award these young men for inspiring us all with their character and work ethic both on and off the field.”

The following players have been selected to the 2014 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®:

NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision

Name Class Pos. School Hometown
Jeffrey Coprich So. RB University of California Watts, Calif.
Laken Tomlinson Sr. OL Duke University Chicago, Ill.
Chris Conley Sr. WR University of Georgia Dallas, Ga.
Max Godby Sr. OL University of Kentucky Louisville, Ky.
Deterrian Shackelford GS LB University of Mississippi Decatur, Ala.
Sam Rodgers Sr. LS Syracuse University State College, Pa.
Nate Boyer Sr. LS University of Texas Dublin, Calif.
Brett Hundley Jr. QB UCLA Chandler, Ariz.
Chuckie Keeton Sr. QB Utah State University Houston, Texas
Andrew East Sr. LS Vanderbilt University Indianapolis, Ind.
Dominic Rufran Sr. WR University of Wyoming Colorado Springs, Colo.

http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=2537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Thought the university would be promoting this?? If they didn't, I missed it. By this I mean the appearance.
It is quite disappointing that unless you were looking for it you never would have know about it. These are the small things that no one in this Athletic Department pushes. Would have been very easy to not only show it to everyone but congratulate him as well.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Pretty pathetic.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Pretty pathetic.
Par for the course given the athletic department for the past, oh...., 15+ years.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Yeah, the athletic depatment really should have said something about this. Oh wait...

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... 14aac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:Yeah, the athletic depatment really should have said something about this. Oh wait...

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... 14aac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So basically your saying 1 article 4 months ago is suffice, Instead of making it known that he would be at the Sugar Bowl accepting the accolade?

As others said par for the course.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

"By this I mean the appearance..."
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
LasCrucesPoke wrote:Thought the university would be promoting this?? If they didn't, I missed it. By this I mean the appearance.
It is quite disappointing that unless you were looking for it you never would have know about it. These are the small things that no one in this Athletic Department pushes. Would have been very easy to not only show it to everyone but congratulate him as well.
Well...Wyoming currently gets the D sucked by State Farm. So there is that.

Not sure which is worse...Allstate & State Farm...or the fact UW is such huge "friendly ladies".
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

Not sure which is worse...Allstate & State Farm...or the fact UW is such huge "friendly ladies".
They do have the good hands net too

I guess that would be more of a reach around
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

whyoh wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

More like a T bag. Because Allstate is an NCAA thing, not a UW thing.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
whyoh wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:

More like a T bag. Because Allstate is an NCAA thing, not a UW thing.
Check and mate.......well played, sir
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'