New DB Coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
This is a hire that had absolutely no chance in happening without Bohl being here. It really shows as to the amount of respect coaches have for him. Also honestly it might show the pull Bohl has with paying the coaching staff because I find it hard to believe you leave Michigan and take a pay cut as a successful coach.
Well, unless the new HC was offering, he was about gone anyways. Hoke was fired.
If he was a successful coach at his position at Michigan he could probably go pretty much anywhere. You sure don't chose to do the same or close to the same job in far less of a conference unless there is a money value involved.

I sure wouldn't and I doubt anyone else would either.
From things that I have read, there IS additional money for football assistants. Secondly, I have to think that Bohl's reputation along with additional money probably made the difference.

The last thing I would do would be to say since he wasn't retained by Harbaugh that he isn't any good. New head coaches bring in the guys that they want, and the old assistants, no matter if they did a great job or not, are looking. I think that it was a feather in Bohl cap to get him, and does say a lot about the type of respect that Bohl commands in the profession.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Great hire by bohl. Where John Richardson at now? Still coach there? Sorry if I missed something
hithere
Ranch Hand

I'm very cautiously optimistic about this hire. He has DC experience if Stanard is ever sent packing. But anyone was an upgrade over David Brown.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

Has any of bohls staff left?
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

The previous DB coach left, no clue why. This new Coach has a strong background, and will be a good addition. Coachs recruit, and that will add to our ability to select good candidates for consideration. This will reap dividends for years out. Stability and budget, two things Numb Nuts AD needs to address.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Looks like this hire is already paying dividends. Recruiting seems to be going well, I am interested to see where he can take our secondary next year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

YankPoke wrote:Looks like this hire is already paying dividends. Recruiting seems to be going well, I am interested to see where he can take our secondary next year.
It's crazy what competent, well-connected coaches (Bohl and staff) will get you. Very impressive. Keep up the good work!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Love this!

http://mgovideo.com/curt-mallory-micd-u ... -practice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
SlowPoke
Buckaroo

Not to be overlooked is another addition to the defensive coaching staff - Bohl has recruited Grant Olsen, Bison GA to be a GA for the Pokes. Olsen was the heart and soul of the Bison defense for 4 years and certainly one of Bohl's all time favorite players. Bohl made him a GA at NDSU, now a GA at Wyo.