New DB Coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Comes from Michigan, where he was safeties coach this season and secondary coach before that (11-13). Also spent time at Akron (2010), Illinois (05-06, 07-09), Indiana (02-04), Central Michigan (2001) and Ball State (95-00).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Everything I've read said he's a great recruiter. Nebraska fans wanted him hired in Lincoln. Sounds like a slam dunk.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

I absolutely love the ties to the Midwest and Big Ten country. Huge for recruiting the Craig Bohl system - on both sides of the ball. With our issues as DB this year (and LB), and the importance of the secondary (and LBs) to the Tampa 2, I think this is a very, very important hire.

Now let's go get some depth along the front 4, linebackers and secondary in the upcoming class! I have to think that quite a few of the recruits that are listed as "athletes" will wind up in the linebacking corps and secondary...and I also think that we will see some JUCO signings in those positions.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/BenMitchum/status/5 ... 1873247232
Wyoming to hire former Michigan assistant Curt Mallory

When safeties coach David Brown left the Wyoming football program after the season, it was up to head coach Craig Bohl to find a quality replacement for his staff. He has done just that in hiring Curt Mallory (45) to be his next safeties coach/pass game coordinator.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/1/7/7 ... rt-mallory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Should be a good hire and definitely needed. Imagine what Bohl could do with a larger salary pool :o .
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I like it! Here's to an improved defense over the next several years.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Great hire. Nice to have someone with a positive pedigree for once. Though, recruiting is still everything IMO. Wyoming can hire whoever they hell they want, things won't improve until recruiting improves. This guy knew how to recruit at Michigan, I hope the same goes for Wyoming.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Well, our secondary needs all the help it can get, so this is great news!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Impressive hire!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Well, our secondary needs all the help it can get, so this is great news!
Without a doubt the secondary needs help. We were down right embarrassing in the secondary late in the season. This is an excellent hire! lot of upside getting an experienced coach from a great program like Michigan.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Definitely on board with this hire. Good move by Bohl. Our Secondary HAS to improve and this is a good start.
I'm good for 3!
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Good pedigree.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

mwc fan wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:Well, our secondary needs all the help it can get, so this is great news!
Without a doubt the secondary needs help. We were down right embarrassing in the secondary late in the season. This is an excellent hire! lot of upside getting an experienced coach from a great program like Michigan.
Coupled with the loss / graduation / whatever of a few DB's, I think we are much better right now, than we ever were last season.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

This is a hire that had absolutely no chance in happening without Bohl being here. It really shows as to the amount of respect coaches have for him. Also honestly it might show the pull Bohl has with paying the coaching staff because I find it hard to believe you leave Michigan and take a pay cut as a successful coach.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
This is a hire that had absolutely no chance in happening without Bohl being here. It really shows as to the amount of respect coaches have for him. Also honestly it might show the pull Bohl has with paying the coaching staff because I find it hard to believe you leave Michigan and take a pay cut as a successful coach.
Well, unless the new HC was offering, he was about gone anyways. Hoke was fired.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/wyoathletics/status ... 2523844609 Craig Bohl Announces the Hiring of Curt Mallory as Wyoming Secondary Coach and Passing Game Coordinator
Mallory Brings 23 Years of College Coaching Experience With Him to Wyoming

"Coach (Curt) Mallory's level of experience is very impressive," said Bohl. "He has coached the secondary at a number of Division I programs, including Michigan, Illinois and Indiana, and has been very successful. He is excited about coming to this part of the country, and we're looking forward to welcoming him to the Cowboy football program."

"My family and I are extremely excited to come to Wyoming and be part of the Wyoming football family," said Mallory. "As a coach, I can't wait to be part of Coach Bohl's staff, and to help build a championship program for the University of Wyoming."

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... um=twitter
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Well, unless the new HC was offering, he was about gone anyways. Hoke was fired.
If he was a successful coach at his position at Michigan he could probably go pretty much anywhere. You sure don't chose to do the same or close to the same job in far less of a conference unless there is a money value involved.

I sure wouldn't and I doubt anyone else would either.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

303cowboy wrote:Everything I've read said he's a great recruiter. Nebraska fans wanted him hired in Lincoln. Sounds like a slam dunk.
Hopefully he can get us a linebacker or two that can help us this coming season.