Brett Smith Story

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:
Larawie wrote:Image

When's it gonna end?! :dead:
I disagree. I don't think it is as much ManCrush as much as I appreciate the hell out of what he did for Wyoming football. He was a hard worker and is everything we are looking for in Laramie. I felt when Smith was on the field we had a chance, no matter what.

Is it considered a "man crush" to follow someone who was one of the most successful Cowboy players in the history of our program? Is it a Man Crush to also follow the journeys of Purcell, Prosinski, Wendling, Herron, Huff, Floyd, Unrein? No, it isn't, so get over your sour grapes with this. I want nothing but success for these guys that put lives into Cowboy football.

An entire article on SI written about the very player who ALL OF US emotionally clung to for years while he never gave up for the Pokes. This article was well written and highlights the travesty he went through.

Call it a Man Crush, I call it being a fan. I am a fan of Brett Smith.
Well said
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Yeah, one of the weakest if not the weakest I can remember. When Smith and Rodgers came out, it was pretty weak also but I think this class is worse by quite a bit.

Mariota and Winston in the 1st (maybe even 2nd) and that might be it for QBs until the 3rd?

Free agency isn't much better. If you need a QB, it is a bad year for it.
Projections yesterday said that Winston will be the #1 pick to Tampon Bay, and Mariota the #2 pick to Tennessee. So, I would have to agree, and say they are both picked first round, at least top 5.
With the lack of potential at the QB spot this year, that very well could be and would not surprise me at all. However, if something comes up between now and draft day, particularly with Winston, then I also wouldn't be surprised if he slipped a bit. In other words, if all looks good after the combine, then I could see them going fairly high. I'm not sure either are viewed as "super-talents" so I think both would be prone to slipping a little if there is a hint of anything (bad combine, personal issue, whatever). Just my take on it and why I listed maybe even 2nd. At this point, smart money is on t10 for both but a lot can change.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

djm19 wrote:

I disagree. I don't think it is as much ManCrush as much as I appreciate the hell out of what he did for Wyoming football. He was a hard worker and is everything we are looking for in Laramie. I felt when Smith was on the field we had a chance, no matter what.

Is it considered a "man crush" to follow someone who was one of the most successful Cowboy players in the history of our program? Is it a Man Crush to also follow the journeys of Purcell, Prosinski, Wendling, Herron, Huff, Floyd, Unrein? No, it isn't, so get over your sour grapes with this. I want nothing but success for these guys that put lives into Cowboy football.

An entire article on SI written about the very player who ALL OF US emotionally clung to for years while he never gave up for the Pokes. This article was well written and highlights the travesty he went through.

+1000, I have the same emotion for every player that has left Wyoming and attempted a career beyond College.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
djm19 wrote:

+1000, I have the same emotion for every player that has left Wyoming and attempted a career beyond College.
Same here. Brett is a great kid and was one of our best players ever. Nothing wrong with keeping track of what he does after college.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I wouldn't take Winston or Mariota. Those guys will be garbage NFL quarterbacks
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:I wouldn't take Winston or Mariota. Those guys will be garbage NFL quarterbacks
IC what you did there, However I'm inclined to share your opinion non sarcastically about Winston.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times

djm19 wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:One of the most tragic parts of the story is he pursued a degree in communications.
Ha ha. I have a worthless Communications degree. :thumb: By sheer luck I landed a pretty good gig. But, yeah, what a travesty pursuing a Communications degree.
That degree's got HR Business Partner written all over it, lol.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

laxwyo wrote:I wouldn't take Winston or Mariota. Those guys will be garbage NFL quarterbacks
I'm not sure on Mariota, could be decent. Sadly I think Winston has the potential to be a good pro QB. If he gets his other poop together, he'll be easily better than Manziel.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
I'm not sure on Mariota, could be decent. Sadly I think Winston has the potential to be a good pro QB. If he gets his other poop together, he'll be easily better than Manziel.
Winston has the same potential Ryan Leaf did. He's got a bright future if he pulls his head out of his ass. Unfortunately that's not going to happen. That dude is missing some gray matter.