If the Cheatriots...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

were a college team, they would receive the death penalty.

Disclaimer *assuming allegations of deflating ball are true.

I don't have a dog in the fight and didn't care at all who won, but New England is the dirtiest franchise in NFL history.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I hate the Pats.............btu I doubt Pete is an angel either :twocents:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

BJC wrote:I hate the Pats.............btu I doubt Pete is an angel either :twocents:
Good point. Maybe Pats aren't the dirtiest franchise just the franchise that is the worst at being dirty? :lol:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
BJC
A Real Cowboy

hahahahaha whatever it takes
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
BJC wrote:I hate the Pats.............btu I doubt Pete is an angel either :twocents:
Good point. Maybe Pats aren't the dirtiest franchise just the franchise that is the worst at being dirty? :lol:
Sounds just like the 1980s SMU football program

Not the only dirty team or even the dirtiest.......jus the least opaque about it
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:were a college team, they would receive the death penalty.

Disclaimer *assuming allegations of deflating ball are true.

I don't have a dog in the fight and didn't care at all who won, but New England is the dirtiest franchise in NFL history.
Every time the pats end up heading to a Superbowl there is always talk of them cheating to do it. Don't recall how long ago but there was talk they were using cameras on the opposing teams side line.

There is always something surrounding them sooner or later they will get busted problem is once the game is over nothing will change just some fine or draft pick penalties.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Take the Cheatriots out and put in the Colts!

Partially saying that because if the Colts were in the Super Bowl, I would actually feel like watching it. And partially because that's pretty damn dirty with deflating the balls.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Meh, don't really care about this story. If it was like 24-23 I could maybe see an argument, but losing by 38, this was a non-factor.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Definitely did not lead to a Cheatriots win, but still, cheating is cheating. It doesn't matter if it didn't impact the game that much, it is still cheating.

I hope they drop the hammer on them. Take away 2 years of 1st round picks; drop their salary cap by 5 mill/year for 5 years; suspend B. Belichick (sp?) for 1 year.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Definitely did not lead to a Cheatriots win, but still, cheating is cheating. It doesn't matter if it didn't impact the game that much, it is still cheating.

I hope they drop the hammer on them. Take away 2 years of 1st round picks; drop their salary cap by 5 mill/year for 5 years; suspend B. Belichick (sp?) for 1 year.
It impacted the outcome of the game no doubt about it, Game could have been the same or completely different. Momentum swings are big we have seen how big.

HC definitely needs to be suspended no way this way happening w/o him knowing. Draft picks & Cap fines isn't bad money fines would just be paid and ignored at least cap fines can't just be ignored.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

While they likely would've beaten Colts anyway, what about the game vs Ravens? Was this the first time Patriots performed this particular little "trick," or have they done it all season long?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote:While they likely would've beaten Colts anyway, what about the game vs Ravens? Was this the first time Patriots performed this particular little "trick," or have they done it all season long?
According to reports, 11 of the last 12 games they deflated the balls.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I would bet this is actually a fairly common occurrence in college and pro football, the Patriots just got caught. Here's an article from a few years ago when USC got caught doing the same thing...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/not-for-a ... 04713.html
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Who cares it was 45-7!!! And colts used thier own balls so I still don't know why the stupid media is still going on over this.

Total jealousy deal by everyone
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

lakesbison wrote:Who cares it was 45-7!!! And colts used thier own balls so I still don't know why the stupid media is still going on over this.

Total jealousy deal by everyone
Because 11 of the last 12 games the balls were deflated...
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Read man. 11 of the 12 official game balls in the Colts game were deflated.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

lakesbison wrote:Read man. 11 of the 12 official game balls in the Colts game were deflated.
That's the correct info. Patriot haters just wanna hate. BTW, I'm a Seattle fan so....

Only things I hate about the Pats,....Belichick and their damned logo.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I live within 40 miles of the century link stadium... I work nights, and have plenty of time to watch all the night stuff.

this is what I can gather, as a seahawks fan

I would be VERY surprised if the patriots were the ONLY team in the league to use bottom scale inflation footballs. especially during the cold months.

anyway...

doesn't matter....

this is what u, and I need to focus on...

the 11 of 12 deflated balls... that was first half.

second half... all balls were to regulation standards. patriots scored 28 points.

during the super bowl... the Chicago equipment manager will be in charge of this.

NOTHING is going to happen to disrupt the superbowl. judgement... if any, will happen during the offseason.

this subject is dead
BJC
A Real Cowboy

But those press conferences were hilarious :rofl: