CSU Stadium Renderings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Doesn't look like everyone is on board:
https://twitter.com/KellyLyell/status/5 ... 5003608064
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

It's comical that they think a new stadium that holds 35k will get them into a P5 conference. Most P5 stadiums hold 50k+. Their apathy towards athletics will always hold them back. In their most successful season in years they only averaged like 26k. Plus their relatively small market size (this is what it's all about, really) doesn't make them attractive... delusional.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote:It's comical that they think a new stadium that holds 35k will get them into a P5 conference. Most P5 stadiums hold 50k+.
A stadium that holds 35k and MIGHT get 10k on a good day. Those rendering are hilarious. The only time that place will ever be remotely close to that full is when the play us in the Fort.

I'm still not convinced this actually gets done. They've got a long way to go on funding, and there is a group that will try to block them every step of the way.

GO POKES!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Leading up to Wednesday's Border War hoops game, here's a current article concerning CS-ewe's proposed stadium. Please read the comment section. Was Tony not being Frank?!! Uh oh.......
https://twitter.com/CompleteCO/status/5 ... 5113090048 http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/lo ... /22667701/
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

been to many away games, and the best stadium I was ever at for an away game was Autzen at Oregon last Sept, and Texas was up there as well
For conference the best stadium i've been too was Utah, Rice Eccles, although their fans not so much, BYU, thank God I'll never have to go back there. Currently I've always like going to games at Air Force, hate Hughes, Unlv was ok, Fresno was dump, Qualcomm is outdated, UNM is ok, Boise St was going thru construction when i was there, not impressed even with Blue turf, and Utah St was kinda fun for football

I need to get to Reno, SJ, Hawaii

Next year Fall 2015, looks like my roadie is in Pullman, WA, should be interesting.

CSU and this stadium, i'll believe it when I see it, and may only visit once..lol
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Been to Reno (only one I've been to). It's basically an erector set. Think the bleachers at LJHS, but enough to seat however many their capacity is. The fans are okay though (considering I have family there, that kind of has to go without saying, but others were okay as well).
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Already scaling back the plans..
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/lo ... /29885383/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I thought Burman was th only one who had to change plans after they're agreed upon due to budget concerns...
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

If they built that stadium if would be very nice the only problem is that it wouldn't be anywhere near that full. They might get the lower bowl filled on each side and that is about it.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

It still looks great compared to what they have now, but I'd compare the design to that of the shiny new hospitals popping up all over the Front Range 'burbs. Shiny w/ the cheapest materials possible. It will look great for a decade and like a giant decayed trailer park trailer in 25 years.
52-56
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I thought Burman was th only one who had to change plans after they're agreed upon due to budget concerns...
Actually, Burman should look to CSU as an example of how to lead a project. They are scaling some areas back in order to add a feature and still stay within budget.

Something they've done that Burman failed to do:
...con and Mortenson are expected to enter into construction contracts with the same "guaranteed maximum price"
I dislike CSU as much as the next person, but I can't knock their initiative here.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I'm happy Wyoming can improve and build facilities without going into debt. No need to be impressed with CSU for issuing a poop load of bonds to build a scaled back stadium.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:I'm happy Wyoming can improve and build facilities without going into debt. No need to be impressed with CSU for issuing a poop load of bonds to build a scaled back stadium.
I get it, but I sure do get tired of cheering for a balance sheet.

No matter how you slice it, CSU has surpassed us athletically. I think Schroyer (forgot to add a ;) here as a knock to Burman) I mean Shyatt and Bohl can remedy that on a smaller budget....at least I hope so.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:I'm happy Wyoming can improve and build facilities without going into debt. No need to be impressed with CSU for issuing a poop load of bonds to build a scaled back stadium.

No matter how you slice it, CSU has surpassed us athletically. I think Schroyer (forgot to add a ;) here as a knock to Burman) I mean Shyatt and Bohl can remedy that on a smaller budget....at least I hope so.
How have they surpassed us? Have they put a shovel in the ground yet? I don't see that... Even without the B&G glasses...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

How have they surpassed us? Have they put a shovel in the ground yet? I don't see that... Even without the B&G glasses...
Before Burman started, we actually had a bigger budget than them. Their athletic budget now surpasses ours. Their on field success has been better as has bball. I think Shy will turn this around with time, but so far, CSU has surpassed us.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Before Burman started, we actually had a bigger budget than them. Their athletic budget now surpasses ours. Their on field success has been better as has bball. I think Shy will turn this around with time, but so far, CSU has surpassed us.
It costs more to go to school at CSU. Part of the reason for the larger budget. They have beat us two years in a row in football after losing 4 straight. We swept them in men's basketball....so how are they better here?

In team sponsored sports....CSU had the edge in football, volleyball (1st vs 3rd), and WBB. Wyoming swept them in Men's BB and won the conference title (tells me we are better regardless of the record, because most people know our best player went down for a few games), women's tennis, and soccer.

Our facilities are much better....much better. Just don't see how they have surpassed us.

Go Pokes!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote: Our facilities are much better....much better. Just don't see how they have surpassed us.
Go Pokes!!
Burman has been here for about 10 years. In that time, and records only, whose athletic success would you rather have: CSU's or WYO's?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: Our facilities are much better....much better. Just don't see how they have surpassed us.
Go Pokes!!
Burman has been here for about 10 years. In that time, and records only, whose athletic success would you rather have: CSU's or WYO's?
To answer your question, I would rather be in Brown and Gold shoes than sheep shoes all day every day. They have had 2 years of decent football in the last decade (which is going to end this year) and we have made them our bitch in basketball the last couple years. Again, how have they surpassed us?

You really think anyone would rather play in their gymnasium over our arena? You think anyone would rather play in their poop stadium than ours? Our training facilities are superior to theirs too. I fail to see how were lagging behind CSU...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Go Pokes!!
To answer your question, I would rather be in Brown and Gold shoes than sheep shoes all day every day. They have had 2 years of decent football in the last decade (which is going to end this year) and we have made them our bitch in basketball the last couple years. Again, how have they surpassed us?

You really think anyone would rather play in their gymnasium over our arena? You think anyone would rather play in their poop stadium than ours? Our training facilities are superior to theirs too. I fail to see how were lagging behind CSU...
I would swap them records and budgets but nothing else. If our bball continues the upward trajectory, then we catch them because of the excellent job done by coach Shy. I believe Bohl will be successful, but hands down, they've surpassed us in football so far. In somewhat recent history, we've only equaled or surpassed 10 wins 3 times: 96, 88, 87. They did it just last year (also in 94,97, 00, 02).

I hate the sheep, but, IMO, their on field performance has been better lately. However, during years when both teams sucked, we didn't suck as bad as they did.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Go Pokes!!

I would swap them records and budgets but nothing else. If our bball continues the upward trajectory, then we catch them because of the excellent job done by coach Shy. I believe Bohl will be successful, but hands down, they've surpassed us in football so far. In somewhat recent history, we've only equaled or surpassed 10 wins 3 times: 96, 88, 87. They did it just last year (also in 94,97, 00, 02).

I hate the sheep, but, IMO, their on field performance has been better lately. However, during years when both teams sucked, we didn't suck as bad as they did.
Tough call, as we both have done our share of sucking since the formation of the MWC. I care not to look it up, but how many MWC championships does each school have? I would guess the Lammies would have the edge, but maybe only because of Sonny and the VB program they have built. Of course, those are still MWC championships though.

Instead of comparing ourselves to poop (CSewe), why don't we compare ourselves to the 3 that left the conference, and see how we stack up (or stacked up prior to them leaving). They left for a many rea$on$, certainly, but they had the vision we didn't (and don't) in order to have the opportunity to move up and out.

But we are fine being in a conference of teams that are more similar to us (in budget and everything else). To me, that is lazy assed apathetic poop. And as we sat around and looked at the shiny IPF that Glenn built, the neato RAC that Tiller built, and the half-done Wildcatter that Barta built (while licking our chops knowing we would soon be top dog), we still managed to get passed up budget wise, and are right back in the middle of the MWC (where we were before the 3 left).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...