CSU Stadium Renderings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I know most people don't care and we have discussed they have a long ways to go still funding wise but to be honest I believe they know they need the stadium to compete not only in the MWC but if they ever have an opportunity to get out of the MWC they have to have something real.

http://stadium.colostate.edu/stadium-renderings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is even remotely close to what they build they will have the best stadium in the conference hands down.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

The best? I got to say, I really wasn't that impressed. Let them have it.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:The best? I got to say, I really wasn't that impressed. Let them have it.
Who has better and more up to date? Are you telling me that if UW said they were building that you would not be impressed?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

From looking at those pics, I would say the Boise, right now, has a better stadium then that would be.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the brick layout. I really don't like the suites layering out or overlapping out on the ends. The stands themselves is decent enough. But overall, yup, don't like it.

We've had concepts/drawings come out for our renovations that I'm not a big fan of.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:From looking at those pics, I would say the Boise, right now, has a better stadium then that would be.
wow Boise really? Of all places man that place is awful never want to go to a game there again. I guess i'm a fan of the newer look and not completely dated. I do like how Boise closed the field but that is a stadium in dire need of renovations.

I'll give them one thing no matter how much they increase the seating they are able to fill em up.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I don't think there is any question that the new CSU stadium would be the nicest in the conference, if it turns out like that. It would be brand new and state of the art.

I think if you are saying you aren't impressed it is because you can't take off your Brown and Gold lenses and see that it looks great in those pictures. If that was a steamboat logo instead of a Ram we would be saying it is going to be th best in the MWC
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Absolutely not true. I like The War. I think we have a beautiful well aged stadium. And I also have my other favorites aswell. Minnesotas brand new stadium, I'm not a fan of. Just because it's new and state of the art, does not make it the most awesome stadium in the the world!!! Or MWC. And just because it has CSU logos on it, which I can easily block from my field of vision, I still see no amazing stadium.
Case in point, find a better concept, CSUs Hughes stadium looks better than this.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

IMHO I think this stadium will look good for about 10 years. Renderings always look better than the real thing. I think that this style of stadium is very trendy with the modern look. I really don't like the layering on the ends of the stadium. It's just not my style. I'm more of a fan of the timeless traditional look of which I think the WAR captures nicely. Regardless, it's a good thing for wyo that they are trying to improve their facilities to catch up with us. But the WAR is nicer than that stadium. Hands down. Not close. Just because it's new does not make it better.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Boise's stadium has a freaking track. It's reminiscent of a high school stadium for heaven's sake. Plus their press box looks archaic and there is too much blocky, exposed concrete. It's a hodgepodge monstrosity.

CSU's? Not bad, but not great. It'll take a lot more than a stadium that holds 40k to get them into a different conference.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:Boise's stadium has a freaking track. It's reminiscent of a high school stadium for heaven's sake. Plus their press box looks archaic and there is too much blocky, exposed concrete. It's a hodgepodge monstrosity.

CSU's? Not bad, but not great. It'll take a lot more than a stadium that holds 40k to get them into a different conference.
I agree it won't move them but having a stadium like that puts them a step ahead of anyone else in the leaving department. I dunno to each their own I would be pretty happy to see a new stadium like that in Laramie do I like the war sure would I miss it if it was replaced not a bit.
billings
Ranch Hand

CU used a lot of brick as well. seems to be a colorado thing
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:Minnesotas brand new stadium, I'm not a fan of. Just because it's new and state of the art, does not make it the most awesome stadium in the the world!!!
Just curious, why aren't you a fan of it?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:Minnesotas brand new stadium, I'm not a fan of. Just because it's new and state of the art, does not make it the most awesome stadium in the the world!!!
Just curious, why aren't you a fan of it?
But it has wide concourses! How can you not like a stadium with wide concourses... :rofl:

(Inside joke)
gbpoke
Cowpoke

It's not bad, I've certainly seen much worse, but it's also not great either. Not sure about the canterlever decks for their suites, kind of look a little goofy to me. The brick work is nice, it seems that's the "in" thing these days for stadiums. The Packers redid Lambeau with brick and it looks pretty sharp, much better than the old green sheet metal they had.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 33 times

Boise's stadium might be the worst in the conference, as far as aesthetics go. It looks VERY pieced together, has a track, and what's with the press boxes hanging over the edge of the seating, held up by a pillar? So weird..
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:Boise's stadium might be the worst in the conference, as far as aesthetics go. It looks VERY pieced together, has a track, and what's with the press boxes hanging over the edge of the seating, held up by a pillar? So weird..
You forgot 1 more thing, the stupid turf itself.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 33 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Boise's stadium might be the worst in the conference, as far as aesthetics go. It looks VERY pieced together, has a track, and what's with the press boxes hanging over the edge of the seating, held up by a pillar? So weird..
You forgot 1 more thing, the stupid turf itself.
I didn't need to mention it, it would have been stating the obvious.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I've sometimes wondered that if we somehow obtained a sugar daddy who put in money to build a new domed stadium, would our fan base bitch about it?

The CSU stadium will be nice and definitely needed for them.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:I know most people don't care and we have discussed they have a long ways to go still funding wise but to be honest I believe they know they need the stadium to compete not only in the MWC but if they ever have an opportunity to get out of the MWC they have to have something real.

http://stadium.colostate.edu/stadium-renderings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is even remotely close to what they build they will have the best stadium in the conference hands down.
I do not think those renderings are even realistic. They need to show what it will look like with the upper deck empty and mere spattering of fans outside of the 20 yard lines.