Overlooked

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jaxcowboy93
Buckaroo

This is an interesting article about a kid from New Mexico who's dad was from Wheatland. I thought his dad played receiver for the Pokes, but I couldn't find him on the rosters '87-'91.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322 ... ef=Default" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

He was on the team, but I don't think he saw any time.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

The videos are a little fuzzy and I'm no scout, but he looks pretty good. I couldn't tell if he had a low/weird delivery because of the videos, but his arm strength and accuracy looked decent.

Still, there must be something for EVERYONE to pass him up. If he doesn't get a D1, I hope he goes JUCO and tears it up. Seems like a good kid.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I read that article yesterday...and had this thought:

Easton Bruere needs to take a page (or chapter) out of Aaron Young's book.

Oh, and Rio Rancho is an awful area...so there is that.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Wish we would give him a look. Our future at QB looks bleak to me.
jaxcowboy93
Buckaroo

Aaron wrote:Wish we would give him a look. Our future at QB looks bleak to me.
Agreed. With him we would have Gatorade's POY for Nebraska and Colorado. Along with New Mexico's Mr. Football all coming in the same class.

He has the size. His mechanics need some tweaking, but the TD/Int ratio leads you to believe he has a pretty good understanding of how to read defenses and take care of the football. In Bohl's offense, I would think this is the type of kid they want at QB.

Come in late and offer him, let's see what he can do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

The QB position looks fine to me. The juco kid who already signed looks awesome
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Yeah. I'm curious why people don't like the QB position. Not arguing just curiousI think we are sitting alright at QB. We have our guy for next year in Coffman and after that we have plenty of QB's to find a great one out of. We haven't seen anything from any of the young kids but I don't see anything from this kid that is any different than what we currently have. I have nothing against having more competition for the spot but I definately am not worried about the QB position. At this point we have 6(?) qbs on the roster now doubt we are looking to bring in a 7th.
jaxcowboy93
Buckaroo

TSpoke wrote:Yeah. I'm curious why people don't like the QB position. Not arguing just curiousI think we are sitting alright at QB. We have our guy for next year in Coffman and after that we have plenty of QB's to find a great one out of. We haven't seen anything from any of the young kids but I don't see anything from this kid that is any different than what we currently have. I have nothing against having more competition for the spot but I definately am not worried about the QB position. At this point we have 6(?) qbs on the roster now doubt we are looking to bring in a 7th.
I haven't seen anything from the QB's that are currently on the roster either. I hope that Young, Allen, or Coffman have something special. Fort and Smith both redshirted so they are available too, but again, the fact that there is so little buzz has me worried.

Picking up Bruere and redshirting him could give us solid options at QB for the next 5 years if those listed above pan out. If they don't, this kid may compete and win the spot in a couple of years. I may be hung up on his stats, but in my opinion if you have a chance to steal a recruit that has flown under the radar, I think you take it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Coffman was a starter at Indiana and had some pretty good stats there until the coaching staff decided on a different guy. So he's a proven QB. The guys behind him, well, who here remembers when nearly all of us thought Brett Smith would be the back-up to Pittser when they both first got here? Remember how that one turned out?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Oh yeah...I remember that. It took me about halfway through his freshman season to jump on the Brett Smith bandwagon. Up until that point I was of the mindset that, Pittser wasn't starting because he didn't get the advantage of spring ball like Smith, but after another season he would surpass Brett. Oh how wrong I was.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I'm sure Coffman will be the starter next year unless someone comes out of nowhere to dominate. This give the other guys another year in the system. And we haven't heard any buzz or seen anything because the other qbs have not been getting reps. We already have one qb in this class and I don't think we plan on signing another one or I am sure we would be looking at this kid. I am guessing the coaching staff is comfortable where we are at with the position. I don't see the benefit of throwing another person into an already crowded spot.
I am comfortable that one of our young arms will be a star in the future. My early uninformed money is on Nick Smith.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

Fans saying the future at QB for Wyoming sucks = I've never seen any of them throw a football, but I need to comment anyway.

Nobody cared about Brett Smith either.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyopig wrote:Nobody cared about Brett Smith either.
I was curious so I did a search

Something like this seems like something I would also read about this year's group.
J-Rod wrote:Og god......just reading the options made me cringe. 2011 could be rough for the Boys......
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo