A Week Until 2/4 Signing Day

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Amazing what a decent basketball team does to football recruiting news.

Wonder who the surprises will be.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Exactly right.. another big crowd on Saturday and a win certainly will help the football recruiting again!

GO POKES
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:Amazing what a decent basketball team does to football recruiting news.

I'm curious about the player who committed last weekend, but didn't want to make it public. That could be the surprise of the class.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Amazing what a decent basketball team does to football recruiting news.

I'm curious about the player who committed last weekend, but didn't want to make it public. That could be the surprise of the class.
Roddie or Milo Hall is my guess.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

Roddie or Milo Hall is my guess.
I hope it is Roddie, but Milo Hall is good too.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Have any of you seen Roddie's tape? There is a reason Pac-12 schools + Boise are after this kid. He would be a major get. Potential day one starter.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Roddie didn't even visit UW. Per his twitter, he lists his final 3 as CU, Utah and Boise.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:Roddie didn't even visit UW. Per his twitter, he lists his final 3 as CU, Utah and Boise.
Interesting....The WTE had an article on last weekends visitors and mentioned that Roddie visited.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Roddie didn't even visit UW. Per his twitter, he lists his final 3 as CU, Utah and Boise.
Interesting....The WTE had an article on last weekends visitors and mentioned that Roddie visited.
Yeah, I know that a bunch of the recruiting sites listed him as visiting on 1/23. But on his twitter he posted that he did not visit. I'm guessing UW is no longer on his radar.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
Yeah, I know that a bunch of the recruiting sites listed him as visiting on 1/23. But on his twitter he posted that he did not visit. I'm guessing UW is no longer on his radar.
Correct, I think he cancelled UW visit.

He actually verbally committed to Utah last April. Then, as other offers came in I think he opened recruiting back up. I would say Utah is still the favorite if I was betting.

http://www.blocku.com/2015/1/26/7919567 ... inal-three" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I haven't followed recruiting until this year.. Was there anyone last year that got flipped at the last minute?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:I haven't followed recruiting until this year.. Was there anyone last year that got flipped at the last minute?
Hard to say, as DC rarely had more than a couple guys until last minute when like 18-20 guys would commit with little other choice it seemed. We would get a few that looked good on film and what not, the rest where essentially question marks.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

fromolwyoming wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:I haven't followed recruiting until this year.. Was there anyone last year that got flipped at the last minute?
Hard to say, as DC rarely had more than a couple guys until last minute when like 18-20 guys would commit with little other choice it seemed. We would get a few that looked good on film and what not, the rest where essentially question marks.
Sounds like DC was a crappy recruiter.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Sounds like DC was a crappy recruiter.
Outside of starting QB, RB, and WR, pretty much. Under him our o-line was terrible, play calling was predictable, and defense was used only to giver the offense a rest. No player was ever developed either, unless they did it on their own.