Signing Day 2015

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:So is there one more that we are waiting on? I thought we had a player that asked not to have his verbal be disclosed until today. Anyone know about this?
That might have been Faaiu
No, it was from the visitors the weekend of 1/24. That was before Faaiu was on campus.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/562997547091099648 Wyoming victory over Air Force impacted 2015 recruiting class

"I think when a young man wants to make an official visit during the season, a lot of times that means, ‘I want to make a decision,’" Wyoming running backs coach Mike Bath said. "When you have the opportunity to bring them in on game day and it works logistically and it’s just the right situation, to have a young man in on a big game like that, it's invaluable.

"The atmosphere, the day...everything was right. It was perfect. It was a great setting."

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... b33b3.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/563035266546696193
Wyoming coaches prioritize Cowboy State as recruiting ground

Steve Stanard's spring break road trip was a memorable one.

The current Wyoming defensive coordinator didn't leave for the beach or head south to warmer weather. Instead, he toured around Wyoming, putting in countless hours on the road and visiting everywhere from Torrington to Cody.

"[Head coach Craig Bohl] wanted me to recruit Wyoming so last spring I went to every school in the state that plays football," Stanard said. "I got to see the state. I met coaches, principals, [athletic directors]. It was amazing. It was a great experience in the spring."

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 8811c.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

We have a lot of promising looking kids coming in! Though a lot of them need to put some muscle on, some more than others (a 6'5 185lbs DE? still trying to wrap my head around that, and how he is not a skinny LB, but if he's got the skills, he's got the skills). Looking forward to seeing what these kids can do!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/563073296363962368
TOSS UP: What are the biggest takeaways from Wyoming's 2015 recruiting class

Jacobson: For me, the most impressive part of the recruiting class doesn’t have anything to do with positions, vitals or needs. Instead, it’s how Bohl and his staff were able to keep the signing class together with very little turnover – only two decommits – even after a 4-8 season.

The Cowboys had six commits before the 2014 season even started and none of them bailed on Wyoming. The staff was able to sell a vision of what Wyoming will be in the future, rather than what it is right now.

Vorel: This class, I think, also says a lot about what this coaching staff perceives as its strengths. Wyoming only signed two offensive linemen and one defensive tackle. Not very much beef, huh?

Here's what that says: Bohl likes his offensive line's potential. The Cowboys return four starters: Ryan Cummings, Chase Roullier, Rafe Kiely and Jake Jones (or Sam Hardy). If it was a glaring need, that area would have been more emphatically addressed.

The same goes for the interior of the defensive line. Wyoming loses Patrick Mertens, but returns Uso Olive, Chase Appleby, Troy Boyland and Sidney Malauulu. Malauulu redshirted last season, but I've heard that the coaching staff is very high on him.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... d245d.html
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:We have a lot of promising looking kids coming in! Though a lot of them need to put some muscle on, some more than others (a 6'5 185lbs DE? still trying to wrap my head around that, and how he is not a skinny LB, but if he's got the skills, he's got the skills)
He's actually one of the signings I'm most excited about down the road. If he fills out his body, he could be a beast.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/rpgagliardi/status/ ... 5613534208 Allen, Parker getting head start to UW football careers

Said Allen, “I told him I got the same feeling when I visited that this is a great place to be. Coach (Craig) Bohl and the staff have done an absolutely amazing job with this recruiting class.”

Parker and Murphy are two of five wide receivers in this class, and Parker is one of three players from Colorado who are will be on scholarship. But there could be as many as four other Colorado prep products who will join as preferred walk-ons.

“Bohl did a great job of getting a lot of really good athletes (from Colorado),” Parker said. “Wyoming hasn’t had the best past in football, but coach Bohl threw that out the window.

“He told them this is going to be a great program, and if they want to be a part of it they can come here.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 8a97d.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

UW Official Release:

Wyoming's First Parade All-American and Two Gatorade Players of the Year Highlight UW's 2015 Football Recruiting Class

Cowboys Sign 23 Recruits From 11 States

"I can tell you that the response we received from recruits across the country really shows how they are buying into the direction of our program, they recognize the proud tradition of the University of Wyoming and believe we are in step with bringing that great tradition back here.

"We believe our class this year represents a very competitive group of players who were part of winning football teams. We feel like we need to establish a more competitive nature within our program and these young men certainly do that. Along with that, there is a lot of speed and athleticism in this class.

"We did recruit more players to play defense because we felt like we needed to shore up our special teams and the defensive side of our football team.

"There are young men in this class from a variety of areas around the country, but they all came here with the same goals -- to win a Mountain West Conference Championship and get a meaningful degree from Wyoming.

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... 15aaa.html
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Just watched the press conference. I'm certain we've got a great class. Davion Freeman's highlight video looked damn impressive, I bet he'll be returning punts and kickoffs for us when he sees the field in 2015 or 2106. Carl Granderson's video looked awesome as well - I could see him playing about 7 positions for us.

Got a couple of damn good track athletes. Kaden Jackson threw the shot 56'(wow) and Dameko Doddles high jumped 6'4'' and long jumped 22'+ (wow, wow). We've got some serious athletes here.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Craig Bohl on signing day 2015 (WyoSports)

Wyoming football coach Craig Bohl talks about his second recruiting class at the school on Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2014 in Laramie, Wyoming. Video by Robert Gagliardi/WyoSports.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Just watched the press conference. I'm certain we've got a great class. Davion Freeman's highlight video looked damn impressive, I bet he'll be returning punts and kickoffs for us when he sees the field in 2015 or 2106. Carl Granderson's video looked awesome as well - I could see him playing about 7 positions for us.

Got a couple of damn good track athletes. Kaden Jackson threw the shot 56'(wow) and Dameko Doddles high jumped 6'4'' and long jumped 22'+ (wow, wow). We've got some serious athletes here.
My brother and I went to the little get-together at the Gateway Center before the WYO-csu hoops game last night. Bohl sounds VERY confident in what this class can do down the road. Very interested in what this staff can do recruiting-wise when the program actually starts kicking some ass.

Speaking of recruiting, UW unveiled a few renderings of the proposed "RAC 2.0" at the Gateway. Absolutely amazing. The RAC will extend out to The Arch on the north side of the WAR. Huge facade facing the field. The dining room (training table) area and the expanded weight room are incredible. Lots of glass. We were told at the basketball game last night that the cost would be around $40M for the renovation. Wow, if true.

Let's just say that that these completed renovations at the AA and WAR should not hurt recruiting at all for Coach Shy and Coach Bohl.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

POKE FAN wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Just watched the press conference. I'm certain we've got a great class. Davion Freeman's highlight video looked damn impressive, I bet he'll be returning punts and kickoffs for us when he sees the field in 2015 or 2106. Carl Granderson's video looked awesome as well - I could see him playing about 7 positions for us.

My brother and I went to the little get-together at the Gateway Center before the WYO-csu hoops game last night. Bohl sounds VERY confident in what this class can do down the road. Very interested in what this staff can do recruiting-wise when the program actually starts kicking some ass.

Speaking of recruiting, UW unveiled a few renderings of the proposed "RAC 2.0" at the Gateway. Absolutely amazing. The RAC will extend out to The Arch on the north side of the WAR. Huge facade facing the field. The dining room (training table) area and the expanded weight room are incredible. Lots of glass. We were told at the basketball game last night that the cost would be around $40M for the renovation. Wow, if true.

Let's just say that that these completed renovations at the AA and WAR should not hurt recruiting at all for Coach Shy and Coach Bohl.
Awesome, sounds like great news. I hope we get get the RAC 2.0 built. Great things are brewing. Thanks for sharing that
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
POKE FAN wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Just watched the press conference. I'm certain we've got a great class. Davion Freeman's highlight video looked damn impressive, I bet he'll be returning punts and kickoffs for us when he sees the field in 2015 or 2106. Carl Granderson's video looked aweso
awesome as well - I could see him playing about 7 positions for us.

Awesome, sounds like great news. I hope we get get the RAC 2.0 built. Great things are brewing. Thanks for sharing that
If I understand/remember correctly, although the cost is around 40 million it's not all going to be on the schools shoulders. Since it's being dubbed a "high altitude Olympic training center" we can expect a decent amount of state funding and perhaps even from the Olympic committe.

Then again I could be totally wrong...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Signing Day Player Capsules (13-page pdf):

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo ... ng_day.pdf
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

That sounds pretty awesome. Definitely will be big for our programs. However, if I was on or affiliated with the swim team, I would be pretty pissed by this move unless they still plan on building a new pool.