Jason Thompson will now play safety at Utah.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

What is up with our QB 's and their choices.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... utah-utes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LOL
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cuttslam wrote:What is up with our QB 's and their choices.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... utah-utes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was probably a do it or you will never see the field or have a scholarship type of scenario. If DC stayed there he would have probably been a QB that got to see the field at least some. Once DC left they probably gave him an ultimatum and he didn't want to transfer again.

Just a guess but I bet it's fairly accurate from looking at Utahs QB depth.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Amazing.......the guy had offers to Wazzu at safety also, but he wanted to play Qb. He could've been a three year starter here, but he left for this?? Man our former Qbs make some bad decisions.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Univ of Utah is known for cranking out NFL DBs. With all due respect to JT, he won't sniff the field. The U prides themselves on their secondary and recruit accordingly. They are deep and competitive on their secondary.

I follow all Utah college sports very closely as it is the only sports radio here. I told people on here years ago that JT transferring was foolish. He will get a highly sought after communications degree from the U and that's about it.

Sad.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyo2dal wrote:
It was probably a do it or you will never see the field or have a scholarship type of scenario. If DC stayed there he would have probably been a QB that got to see the field at least some. Once DC left they probably gave him an ultimatum and he didn't want to transfer again.

Just a guess but I bet it's fairly accurate from looking at Utahs QB depth.
You're right that he can't consider transferring. That'd leave one year of playing left, as he'd have to sit out a year again. Hopefully it'll work out for him at safety.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

His first and most important mistake was to believe Christensen when he left Wyoming. I frankly don't feel sorry for the kid at all, he dug his own huge hole, now let him jump into it. Coach Bohl flew up to the NW on purpose to speak to both Thompson and Smith, and Smith was straight up with him and Thompson....well he was the direct opposite. Thompson gave Bohl every indication that he was returning, while all at the same time was working hard on finishing his paperwork and getting accepted to Utah. This kid is the poster child for athletes that make bad decisions. If he had stayed at Wyoming he would have had an excellent chance of becoming the starting QB for several years. This was supposedly the reason that he came to Wyoming in the first place. Instead he gave that up and lost a year due to having to sit out because of transferring and after using his redshirt already, so in essence he gave up two years, and what does he get for all of this sacrifice to be with Christensen? Christensen leaves him high and dry because he is taking care of his own best interests and leaves Thompson to play as a reserve DB. The kid got what he deserves......and that highly coveted Communication degree? That will get him a job in the McDonald's management training program.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote:and that highly coveted Communication degree? That will get him a job in the McDonald's management training program.
In all fairness - if you have drive and can show you have a good head on your shoulders, it doesn't really matter all that much what your degree is (unless it's from University of Phoenix, DeVry, and so on, because then many of your job applications will likely go straight to the trash - we prefer no degree over diploma mill degrees).

One of our best developers currently has a degree from CU in Music (and a minor in math). She could easily make $150k/year elsewhere, but we're lucky she loves working here enough to make less than six figures).

Our (soon-to-be former) main network admin never finished his degree but has accepted a contract where he'll make $200k/year for the next 3 years, despite next year being entirely part time as he's finishing up his degree online with UPenn and then entering a new UPenn/MIT Doctoral Quantum Computing program.

So... Communications? Meh... as long as you push yourself you don't need to be stuck at McDonald's.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote:The kid got what he deserves......and that highly coveted Communication degree? That will get him a job in the McDonald's management training program.
Nice try

And that wasn't even his major, neither here or at Utah
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Ha ha you guys are taking the communications degree joke way too seriously. It was a joke. That's all. I have a communications degree, partly the reason why I'm mocking it. I make good money as a negotiator for the DoD. It was all in good fun. Let's be honest, though. Communications Degrees aren't the toughest.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

djm19 wrote:Ha ha you guys are taking the communications degree joke way too seriously. It was a joke. That's all. I have a communications degree, partly the reason why I'm mocking it. I make good money as a negotiator for the DoD. It was all in good fun. Let's be honest, though. Communications Degrees aren't the toughest.
Yeah, there are a lot of degrees that don't require a ton of effort and which lead nowhere by themselves. If you just sit around and hope for jobs to come flying at your face after graduation, it doesn't really matter what degree you got, though.

Where do you negotiate for the DoD? Are you in DC? If so, do you know a gentleman with the last name Ching? If you do, tell him Erik from SparkFun said hi. ;)

Edit: guess your location says Utah, haha.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
djm19 wrote:Ha ha you guys are taking the communications degree joke way too seriously. It was a joke. That's all. I have a communications degree, partly the reason why I'm mocking it. I make good money as a negotiator for the DoD. It was all in good fun. Let's be honest, though. Communications Degrees aren't the toughest.
Yeah, there are a lot of degrees that don't require a ton of effort and which lead nowhere by themselves. If you just sit around and hope for jobs to come flying at your face after graduation, it doesn't really matter what degree you got, though.
Like a B. A. in History. LOL It was either that or funk outta college for me. :lol:

Then again it didn't help that I went to a college that's not well known. It was a NAIA school at the time I attended. It's now a NCAA Division II school.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Like a B. A. in History. LOL It was either that or funk outta college for me. :lol:

Then again it didn't help that I went to a college that's not well known. It was a NAIA school at the time I attended. It's now a NCAA Division II school.
Or my buddy who is the Chief Marketing Officer of a large law firm in Utah and he has an Art degree. ???
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:

Where do you negotiate for the DoD? Are you in DC? If so, do you know a gentleman with the last name Ching? If you do, tell him Erik from SparkFun said hi. ;)

Edit: guess your location says Utah, haha.
Yes, I live in Utah now. Born and raised in WY. Went to school in Wyo for a couple years then got married, moved here and finished an illustrious, difficult, and respected Communications degree from USU...later got a Master's degree in Business something or the other.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

good riddance
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The whole thing is just shocking. Shocking, I tell you.

Oh wait, everybody knew this would happen, except Thompson himself. The writing was on the wall from the very beginning. DC just wanted him out of Laramie as partial payback for being fired (vindictive poop like this is why DC will never again be a FBS HC) and Thompson couldn't see reality.