Brett Smith to Saskatchewan Rough Riders

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
djm19 wrote:Pay isn't great, so hopefully he can break through.

http://globalnews.ca/news/310679/show-m ... -salaries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I mean...I'd be happy with 300 grand or so..
It won't be 300K. Probably closer to 15% of that.
My mistake, that article was the top paid, should have read closer. Still, enough to live on unlike the couple hundred a game or whatever the Arena League pays
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I think it is a good start. Not a great career. Hoping he can use this to build a resume.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Good for Brett. If he makes the squad, it's not bad pay for a person his age, with or without a degree. Plus QBs generally get paid better, and other than working out, it's not a year-round job. It'll keep him in the game and keep his NFL hopes alive. I wish him all the luck in the world.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

cowboyz wrote:Good for Brett. If he makes the squad, it's not bad pay for a person his age, with or without a degree. Plus QBs generally get paid better, and other than working out, it's not a year-round job. It'll keep him in the game and keep his NFL hopes alive. I wish him all the luck in the world.
stranger things can happen, Flutie played in Canada, and Kurt Warner with Arena league so with determination and hard work I'm rooting for him to be successful big time