Second Coming (Coach Bohl in Casper)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

In February 2014, a packed house gathered inside the restaurant at Three Crowns Golf Club. There were not nearly enough seats. People were smashed in everywhere. It was a brutally windy gray winter day.

Soon, a rosy-cheeked bald man took the microphone, promised change and the place went wild. It was the first face-to-face viewing with a county desperate for change.

Last Tuesday, a crowd assembled at the Keg & Cork on Casper's east side. Rarely does someone with four wins and eight painful losses draw this much attention.

Read rest of story here--> http://trib.com/news/local/casper/talki ... f526c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Bohl and his staff could figure out if a guy wanted to go to the beach, they'd go to San Diego State. And if they wanted to smoke marijuana, they'd go "down the road south."

Those silly greenies...
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

"He talked bowl games, which his guys have their sights set on, which they do not."

What?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:"He talked bowl games, which his guys have their sights set on, which they do not."

What?
Yeah, that was a terribly written sentence
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Overall, that was a poorly written article IMO. Hard to follow where she was going with it. Also, she kept referring to the "Bucking Horse Logo." Come on, now. Give Steamboat the respect he deserves.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This poorly written article illustrates why Vorel is the best out there when it comes to writing articles about all things sports related.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I feel bad for journalists in a way. You can tell those that do it because someone told them to and those who are digging in proactively. Vorel has been the best thing to happen to Wyoming media re: sports coverage in a long time. He cranks out stories nonstop. I have no idea when he sleeps. I have never seen someone go so in depth with players. I think the players respect him and relate to him. I have got to know more about the actual guys playing for UW better than ever before. Gags does a decent job, I just feel he is stretched with other stuff as well and can't focus on UW sports only. Just like coaches using UW as a stepping stone, I am worried that Vorel is no different. I guarantee he is worth more than what he is being compensated.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

CowboyNV wrote:This poorly written article illustrates why Vorel is the best out there when it comes to writing articles about all things sports related.
+1

I like the line about rarely does a 4-8 coach get this type of publicity or attention or something like that.

ACTUALLY! 4-8 coaches CONSTANTLY get a poop ton more attention because they are on the hot seat. But if people knew how college football works outside Wyo we would already know that.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.