BYU already regretting independence

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ear-future

Will the need for TV $$$ trump their unwillingness to play basketball games on Sundays? We may soon see. What'd be even funnier is if the Big 12 said "Thanks, but no thanks" and then went and grabbed two other schools.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Big12 has -no- motivation to take any teams.. why should they? More mouths to feed.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:Big12 has -no- motivation to take any teams.. why should they? More mouths to feed.
Even if they do, they'll be looking East, no West, for a travel partner or two for WVU.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

f-word everything bWHYu. Everything. A worthless pile of self righteous judgmental trash.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I was wondering about this.

I saw on the bottom line on espn that the BYU AD said they are planning on joining a P5 conference soon.
But I didn't see the whole thing.

So I was wondering, A) did the Pac12 or Big12 just lower their standards? or B) Is BYU this f-word desperate?

Look, we got five P5 conferences, we know the ACC, Big10, and SEC are not even close to being geographic fits and they have no need, as all 3 have the members they want and have recently upgraded.

Leaving the Big12 and Pac12.
Pac12 is not allowing BYU in because the Pac12 only has research institutions, BYU is not one. Pac12 is already in the SLC-Utah market. What's the point in going to add BYU? They don't play on sundays, the rest of the Pac12 does, and in almost EVERY sport. BYU is f-word there.

Leaving the Big12.

Sure the rumor of Boise and BYU going makes sense at first glance. Brings the Big12 up to 12 teams, BYU and Boise are travel partners. All is fine and well until you start to think about it.

The Big12 is dominated by the Texas and Oklahoma fanbases and $$$. BYU and Boise offer nothing for these guys. Especially when they can get Cincinatti or Houston. Both are bigger markets. Both are NOT in the MTN time zone (the forgotten time zone for sports).

BYU is screwed.
There only hope is complete and utter desperation by the Big12 or the Mountain West.

Aaah, I can see it now, BYU: Back to back Sun Belt champs, RESPECT US NOW!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I don't want them back in ANYTHING, it kinda sucks it's been projected we may play them in the NIT if we make that, don't miss them at all
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:the BYU AD said they are planning on joining a P5 conference soon.
Sure, they're planning on it. But none of the P5 conferences are.

I'd love to see every other conference smack them down, then watch them come crawling back to us. So we can tell them exactly where to stuff it.

BwhYU made their bed, now they get to lie in it.

GO POKES!