2015 MW Schedule coming out today

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

....in an hour or so according to the MW twitter account. I'll update this OP with it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

SDSU finally got their poop together than (seriously, that's who everyone was waiting on).
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

My hell, if we can't get to a bowl game with this schedule, I will lose all hope.

Interesting that Thornton is moving to WR from QB.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

djm19 wrote:My hell, if we can't get to a bowl game with this schedule, I will lose all hope.

Interesting that Thornton is moving to WR from QB.
I called it a while ago that Thornton would switch positions. He's pretty dang fast.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

djm19 wrote:My hell, if we can't get to a bowl game with this schedule...
No poop. That is one flabby tittied bitch.

A couple of things I think are great, and that suck:

1. Another home game on Labor Day Weekend. MF. I hate that poop.
2. First 7 games are all winnable. Bowl eligibility on the 17th of October is very doable.
3. That home schedule blows - with the exception of CSewe on the 7th (I would like them all switched)!
4. We get a bye the week prior to Thanksgiving. But home vs. UNLV during. Ugh.
5. 3 Home games in Sept is always nice. Hope they all kickoff at 1 or 2.
6. Wish we could have started season on August 29th.

:whistle:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Looking at this schedule through my rose colored glasses I see

ND - W
EM - W
@WSU - W
NM - W
@App St - W
@ AF - winnable but I'll say L
Nev - W
@ Boise - L
@ Utah St - L
CSU - W
@ SDSU winnable but I'll say L
UNLV - W

Puts us at 8-4 and going Bohling.. Again this is my first glance, glass half full, gut reaction
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Appalachian State on the road just wreaks of Wyoming's annual "how the f-word did we lose to that team?" game. I'll go 5-7, wins over North Dakota, Eastern Michigan, Nevada, Colorado State, and UNLV. I think New Mexico is going to surprise this season.

No gimmes though. Everyone thought Hawaii and SJSU were gimmes last season too. Even FAU/Montana gave the team fits.
Last edited by J-Rod on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

303cowboy wrote:Looking at this schedule through my rose colored glasses I see

ND - W
EM - W
@WSU - W
NM - W
@App St - W
Nev - W
@ Boise - L
@ Utah St - L
CSU - W
UNLV - W

Puts us at 8-4 and going Bohling.. Again this is my first glance, glass half full, gut reaction
I'll guess 6-6. We may not win one conference road game. All toughies
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
Wyo should move the game to Friday evening.
Not to pull out the Oregon State comparison, but it's coming.

The Beavs moved their season opener against Weber State from Saturday to Friday at 5pm and the reason was for Labor Day. You can still do your traditional Labor Day weekend activity what ever it is but just adding a D1 football game into the mix Friday night. By having the game Saturday afternoon you make people choose between football vs. normal Labor Day stuff. Friday night? Go to the game, get a late start to head off to where ever you are going. Get them both taken care of.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
303cowboy wrote:Looking at this schedule through my rose colored glasses I see

ND - W
EM - W
@WSU - W
NM - W
@App St - W
Nev - W
@ Boise - L
@ Utah St - L
CSU - W
UNLV - W

I'll guess 6-6. We may not win one conference road game. All toughies
I have them losing all the road conference games. I agree 6-6 is more realistic but the optimist in me thinks 8 wins is possible.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

The Beavs moved their season opener against Weber State from Saturday to Friday at 5pm and the reason was for Labor Day. You can still do your traditional Labor Day weekend activity what ever it is but just adding a D1 football game into the mix Friday night. By having the game Saturday afternoon you make people choose between football vs. normal Labor Day stuff. Friday night? Go to the game, get a late start to head off to where ever you are going. Get them both taken care of.
Lot easier to get fans to a Friday night game in Corvallis than to Laramie. You could pretty much write off anyone further than Rawlins, Casper, Fort Collins or Cheyenne coming unless they take a day off of work.

As to the schedule, don't write off Washington State. If our D isn't on their game, Wazzu will light our secondary up,
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ND - W
EM - W
@WSU - L
NM - W
@App St - L
@ AF - L
Nev - W
@ Boise - L
@ Utah St - L
CSU - L
@ SDSU L
UNLV - W

5-7

My toss up games are Appy State, CSU, and AFA. Win one of those and they can go bowling.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I love how our barometer and definition of "success" is .500
Depressing.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

Lot easier to get fans to a Friday night game in Corvallis than to Laramie. You could pretty much write off anyone further than Rawlins, Casper, Fort Collins or Cheyenne coming unless they take a day off of work.

As to the schedule, don't write off Washington State. If our D isn't on their game, Wazzu will light our secondary up,

Wazzu is going to smoke us. People see they lost to CSU 2 seasons ago and lost to Nevada last year and think it's an automatic win.

Leach is close to getting Wazzu to competitive in the Pac12 and I highly doubt they lose to Wyoming at home.
They have speed and talent and returning an experienced QB. Not Holliday but the kid who played in his absence a few games.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

You're right about getting to Corvallis, than Laramie for a Friday night game, but I still think it can help with the Labor Day attendance. It could end up being a total failure though. What about the possibility of a Monday game?
mwc fan
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

Wazzu is going to smoke us. People see they lost to CSU 2 seasons ago and lost to Nevada last year and think it's an automatic win.

Leach is close to getting Wazzu to competitive in the Pac12 and I highly doubt they lose to Wyoming at home.
They have speed and talent and returning an experienced QB. Not Holliday but the kid who played in his absence a few games.
Wazzu could easily smoke us if our secondary is anything like last year. That pass happy offense can score points fast. NowIif Coffman is legit, I believe we could control the tempo with our run game. Coffman has to be a baller if we are going to have any success this year. The lack of respect that teams had for Kirk was down right embarrassing . I'm remembering the Air Force game where the Falcon defense was jamming every player up front daring Kirk to throw over the top. My opinion is the entire season hinges on Coffman and his ability to challenge secondaries.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

You're right about getting to Corvallis, than Laramie for a Friday night game, but I still think it can help with the Labor Day attendance. It could end up being a total failure though. What about the possibility of a Monday game?
I suppose that could be a possibility, but remember, not everyone gets Labor day off. In fact, I've worked every Labor day since I was in college.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Just booked rooms in San Diego. Yeah buddy. Bring on football.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I have a free tip I need to use from a vacation tat San Diego game seems like the perfect getaway.