Heard Bohl is cleaning house

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Has anything been announced? Sounds like we have rumors, but need some proof before we start getting upset about players leaving. A players dad, in another thread, suggested one or two of the guys might have played last year.... these are guys Bohl talked to and might have said they don't fit in with what he is trying to do.

At this point we don't know who the players are....so let's try not to name names or start writing off next season.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Bohl will always quietly get rid of players, there is open dialogue, if the kid isn't cutting it or doesn't have a future he is factual and tells them up front.

I for one think that is a very good deal, both for the program and that individual player.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
mwc fan wrote:So this morning at the local diner, I heard that offensive guard Jake Jones was leaving Wyoming. Wasn't this guy at one time our best offensive lineman? I remember him and Hardy going head to head in the fall and Hardy came out on top until his ankle injury. If Jones and Hardy are gone, we went from replacing one starter at tackle to replacing two, possibly three starters. Wtf is it with guys on our offensive line leaving? Doesn't anyone give a poop about playing Division 1 football anymore? I can't believe this..there are players who are lining up by the hundreds of thousands wanting a chance to play Division 1 football. When some of these guys get here they play their asses off to get on the field, then they leave. I'm blown away. I sure hope they change their mind, because Jones and Hardy were solid players with good size. :tickedoff:
I have full faith in Coach Bohl and I am not concerned, that doesn't mean that I am happy to see players leave. Jones was not the best OL Wyoming had last season, but he had been the most consistent during prior seasons. Chase Roullier is probably the best OL that we have. The concern which I see is that we lose the two guys that cover one position, so what is going to happen? I would be very surprised if Coach Bohl and his staff already have plans in place to fill this position, it might be from someone already in the program to someone like a JC that will come in after the semester. I have no doubt that you will see improved OL play from the Wyoming program in the next few years, and it was really needed. Not a slight, just the reality. Heck Jacob English could mover over or maybe Richard Bettencourt is ready to step in. Not to belabor a point but these are the growing pains that a program needs to go through sometimes to take those steps forward. Coach Fuchs (OL coach) had a number of all conference performers and more than a few all-americans while at North Dakota State, I think he knows what level of performance it takes to be successful at the level that Coach Bohl demands, and if that isn't being reached, then changes have to be made.
I am confused. Is this a Eulogy? By the way - where is Potato Creek at?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

It is nothing more than normal attrition. Players come and go for different reasons. Hardy had some significant off field issues. He was not i the best standing with his team-mates.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:It is nothing more than normal attrition. Players come and go for different reasons. Hardy had some significant off field issues. He was not i the best standing with his team-mates.
I understand there's attrition on all teams, but why does it always affect our offensive line?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Pure numbers, the OL covers 5 of the 22 positions in the game, or 27%. When you are talking about a quarter of your team, almost any attrition is bound to have 1 or 2 OL involved.
SlowPoke
Buckaroo

lakesbison wrote:Bohl will always quietly get rid of players, there is open dialogue, if the kid isn't cutting it or doesn't have a future he is factual and tells them up front.

I for one think that is a very good deal, both for the program and that individual player.
Yep, practice hard, play hard and be a team player or you won't make it on a Bohl team. Bohl and staff have had a season to evaluate inherited talent and a couple of off-season months to view commitment. 2015 Pokes won't look like or play like 2014 version.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

And there will be more...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Ouch. 3 guys from the o-line gone. 1 DB, 1 LB, and a RB recruited for the spread offense all gone.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

According to this depth chart (UNM game), we just lost our 2-deep at RG and a backup RT. That's 3 OL. Lark was a backup LB, but with his loss Wacha is the only returning starter with experience. I'm guessing Stover figured he wasn't in the mix to play. Hayes is listed as the backup CB to both corner spots.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-de ... ming/92568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: And there will be more...
Is this just a guess, or do you know something? Not asking you to disclose exactly who, just curious.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

J-Rod wrote:
McPeachy wrote: And there will be more...
Is this just a guess, or do you know something? Not asking you to disclose exactly who, just curious.
It is the nature of the beast for all teams really - nothing new or different. I was looking at the fall 2014 roster the other day - and tried to do some comparisons, and there are 3 players right now I can't find any information on what happened. Maybe I missed them leaving after the fall season...and I looked but couldn't find anything.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:It is the nature of the beast for all teams really - nothing new or different. I was looking at the fall 2014 roster the other day - and tried to do some comparisons, and there are 3 players right now I can't find any information on what happened. Maybe I missed them leaving after the fall season...and I looked but couldn't find anything.
True, it happens everywhere. I'm sure there is a player or two who are waiting until school is out before letting the staff know they won't be returning. Hopefully it is nobody important.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I wouldn't say we lost anybody too important. Too bad about Jones and Hardy from a depth standpoint, but Jones regressed and got some dumb penalties, and somebody on here mentioned Hardy had some off the field stuff. Hayes couldn't play, Lark couldn't play, Trap was riding the pine.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
According to this depth chart (UNM game), we just lost our 2-deep at RG and a backup RT. That's 3 OL. Lark was a backup LB, but with his loss Wacha is the only returning starter with experience. I'm guessing Stover figured he wasn't in the mix to play. Hayes is listed as the backup CB to both corner spots.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-de ... ming/92568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malkamm Muhammad has some decent experience at LB, but is returning from injury. I saw where Eric Nzoecha is moving to LB from TE. He might not be his brother, but is a good athlete and has good size. And Will Tutein is moving to LB from safety. We have some players, but it will definitely be a thin position this year.

As far as the other guys....I wasn't a fan of Lark. He tweeted some crap about Wyoming last year and that was it for me. So don't care that he is gone. Hayes played a lot more as a true freshman under DC than he did last year. So, he like Stover just weren't in the mix as you mention above.

Losing depth hurts, but the guys that are still with the program will do just fine IMO.

Go Pokes!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Oscar Nevermann apparently doesn't have a home.. Bohl blocked his transfer to UND.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/ ... es-program" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I thought that was only news. He was blocked because they are on our schedule this season. He would have been fine transferring to any other school we didn't play.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I understand that's typical, but I'm not really worried about Oscar Nevermann hurting us playing North Dakota.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

#smalltime

Block a FCS transfer!!?? Weak poop. Love Bohl but he is wrong on this imo and looks small time.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.