Heard Bohl is cleaning house

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Sounds a lot like the real world
That sounds like of football programs. Some coaches try tough love, some try different approaches. Some kids react different to those kinds of tactics.

In particular about hc Bohl and not what he appears to be, are you saying he's an asshole? Most Head coaches are assholes from what I gather. My uncle won 88 straight games as an Idaho high school coach and he's pretty much an arrogant asshole too.

I'm not sure how I feel about riding a kid until he quits so that the scholarship can be better utilized. Mixed feelings
W-Y, Until I Die!
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

Cuttslam wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:Of the head man (Craig Bohl) you say; 'he is not who appears to be."

Would you please elaborate on this comment with some specificity for us?

Thank you.
How would you know how he appears to me?
My correction, he is not what he tries to emulate.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

HokeyPokey wrote:I firmly believe that the man does not truly care for each of his players. Maybe a select few, but his true care is for his record and the way he outwardly appearance. While this is understandable because everyone knows that Division 1 is a business, he misleads many into thinking that he cares for more than their product on the field.
I love it when men need to have there hands held because mommy isn't there to tell them they are loved and everything will be alright because there feelings got hurt. Waaaa waaaa waaaa. Time to grow up.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
Hahaha no poop welcome to the real world. Lifes a bitch.
Never said it wasn't like the real world. And in the real world, many people stay and stick through tough times while others think it is in their best interest to leave. But unlike the very real world it is, it appears to me that many people on this board have an unrealistic expectation that every athlete will stick around.
I don't know who you are, or even if you are legit. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt I'll conclude you left the program for reasons of your won. How about telling us what they were?

I'll also state that the program is moving ahead and in the right direction so far as I may surmise. Does Bohl love each of his players to death? Of course not! What coach does? You guys get yelled at in the film room and in practice? Suck it up bro, because if you're talking about this year's team, if I were in that film room as a coach, I'm certain I would have made some paint peel from the walls.

You also omit the fact that Bohl never buries his players publicly, and he never tarnishes them to the press...in fact it's the contrary completely. Bohl has been super positive after every game this season, no matter if the team played well...or not.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote:
That sounds like of football programs. Some coaches try tough love, some try different approaches. Some kids react different to those kinds of tactics.

In particular about hc Bohl and not what he appears to be, are you saying he's an asshole? Most Head coaches are assholes from what I gather. My uncle won 88 straight games as an Idaho high school coach and he's pretty much an arrogant asshole too.

I'm not sure how I feel about riding a kid until he quits so that the scholarship can be better utilized. Mixed feelings
His words are not consistent with his actions. Players have been misled into thinking he had their back and then dropped without hesitation. It's true, that this does happen across college football and I never said that it doesn't. I'm just bringing things to light for those of you who do have a misled perception.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
Never said it wasn't like the real world. And in the real world, many people stay and stick through tough times while others think it is in their best interest to leave. But unlike the very real world it is, it appears to me that many people on this board have an unrealistic expectation that every athlete will stick around.
I don't know who you are, or even if you are legit. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt I'll conclude you left the program for reasons of your won. How about telling us what they were?

I'll also state that the program is moving ahead and in the right direction so far as I may surmise. Does Bohl love each of his players to death? Of course not! What coach does? You guys get yelled at in the film room and in practice? Suck it up bro, because if you're talking about this year's team, if I were in that film room as a coach, I'm certain I would have made some paint peel from the walls.

You also omit the fact that Bohl never buries his players publicly, and he never tarnishes them to the press...in fact it's the contrary completely. Bohl has been super positive after every game this season, no matter if the team played well...or not.
I earned my degree from the University of Wyoming and contributed regularly to the program's success.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

Yea that tells me alot right there.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

I earned my degree from the University of Wyoming and contributed regularly to the program's success.
If you contributed to success, you must not have been here under Bohl which makes me question how much stock I want to put into your comments....
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

You were a walk-on, or scholarship player?
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

If you contributed to success, you must not have been here under Bohl which makes me question how much stock I want to put into your comments....
Touche, this actually made me laugh pretty hard. I'll say that I contributed to our wins and losses for both DC and Bohl.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

HokeyPokey wrote:
laxwyo wrote:

His words are not consistent with his actions. Players have been misled into thinking he had their back and then dropped without hesitation. It's true, that this does happen across college football and I never said that it doesn't. I'm just bringing things to light for those of you who do have a misled perception.
You have brought nothing to light. NOTHING
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

You were a walk-on, or scholarship player?
You would love to know, but answering that narrows the field and makes it easier to figure me out :coffee:
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

HokeyPokey wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

Touche, this actually made me laugh pretty hard. I'll say that I contributed to our wins and losses for both DC and Bohl.
Boy thats alot of losses.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
HokeyPokey
Buckaroo

Cuttslam wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

Boy thats alot of loses.
My win-loss record is definitely heavier on the right side
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

Did you blow the guys on recruiting trips?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

We are quick to tell the kids to suck it up, yet people who question Bohl (the football god) on this board are skewered like goats on a spit. If Bohl was in the real world - the president and CEO of Wyoming Cowboys, Inc., a publicly traded company, he would have already had his ass removed from the ivory tower and been kicked to the curb for the poop product he put on the field this year. Bohl is lucky, he lives in the world of college athletics where the unwritten rule is you keep the head dude for 5 years no matter what he does (remember Heath, or Joe or DC, etc.).

In the world of corporate America, it's what have you done for me lately. What you did 2 or 5 or 10 years ago has no bearing on you keeping your job. So life is tough on all of us, including those 18 and 19 year old kids who are getting their asses handed to them in a meeting because they blew an assignment. Guess what, maybe they weren't taught what their assignments were. Can you sit there and honestly say Vigen and Stanard actually had a f-word clue this year? I might get on the kids, but I guarantee you both of those guys would be looking for work if I was head mother f-word in charge. And as head mother f-word in charge, I would have both Bohl and Burman in my office right now telling them MY expectations for next year. No more TBD, no more 2 win seasons, no more "we're too young" excuses, no more "I don't have enough money." I would say to them what we have all said about the kids, suck it up. It's the real world. Get it done or get the f-word out of my company. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

HokeyPokey wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

You're either Patrick Mertens or Dom Rufran.... Amiright?
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

CowboyNV wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

We are quick to tell the kids to suck it up, yet people who question Bohl (the football god) on this board are skewered like goats on a spit. If Bohl was in the real world - the president and CEO of Wyoming Cowboys, Inc., a publicly traded company, he would have already had his ass removed from the ivory tower and been kicked to the curb for the poop product he put on the field this year. Bohl is lucky, he lives in the world of college athletics where the unwritten rule is you keep the head dude for 5 years no matter what he does (remember Heath, or Joe or DC, etc.).

In the world of corporate America, it's what have you done for me lately. What you did 2 or 5 or 10 years ago has no bearing on you keeping your job. So life is tough on all of us, including those 18 and 19 year old kids who are getting their asses handed to them in a meeting because they blew an assignment. Guess what, maybe they weren't taught what their assignments were. Can you sit there and honestly say Vigen and Stanard actually had a f-word clue this year? I might get on the kids, but I guarantee you both of those guys would be looking for work if I was head mother f-word in charge. And as head mother f-word in charge, I would have both Bohl and Burman in my office right now telling them MY expectations for next year. No more TBD, no more 2 win seasons, no more "we're too young" excuses, no more "I don't have enough money." I would say to them what we have all said about the kids, suck it up. It's the real world. Get it done or get the f-word out of my company. :twocents:
CowboyNV bringing some serious wood!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

It's a tough gig trying to turn high school boys into men on a football field. So many players from different backgrounds. I guess it's all a part of recruiting the right kids that fit your program. They'll be misses and hits and hopefully at then end of a few years, you have some momentum to build from
W-Y, Until I Die!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

HokeyPokey wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
HokeyPokey wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

You're either Patrick Mertens or Dom Rufran.... Amiright?
Now way this is Rufran -- no way.