Early W-L prediction for 2015

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:If spring is any indication (thus far)...we will need to be a huge ball control / time of possession team, and hope to keep the score as low as possible.

My 4-5 win prediction is looking unfortunately better with each practice.
Based on what? Lack of of LB depth?
Yes...

The entire defense is in trouble IMO. This could be our worst defense in quite some time...and will rival last seasons injury riddled debacle. We have a serious lack of line depth, no LB's - really none, lack of DB experience (sans Finley) and lack of DB depth. And I don't see it changing next year either.

This is a 5-6 year project. Stock extra beer in your coolers for tailgating this season...
Lol...

How much you want to bet after 5-6 seasons (assuming FBS football is the way it is now) Bohl gets fired before the "rebuild" is done?
Well...we are in year 2 of a total rebuild. He will get 3 more at least, if not 4 - IMO.

So, I will take that bet (assuming FBS football is the way it is now, and Bohl didn't leave for a better spot - but was fired for poop performance). What do you want to wager young Beav?
Oh, jeez I meant it more as a rhetorical question, not to be taken serious.

But... I will take you up on it.

Parameters of the bet: FBS stays the same as we know it now (or relatively close to it) within the next 5 seasons, giving Bohl 6 full seasons at Wyoming. If Bohl rebuilds Wyo football within the next 5 seasons, I will buy you tickets to Wyomings first MWC Championship game, whether it's in Laramie, neutral site, or on the road.
If Bohl gets fired, then, you buy... well then IDK. Suggestions?
Wyoming @ Mizzou tickets? Oregon State at Ohio State tickets? MWC Tourney tickets?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:If spring is any indication (thus far)...we will need to be a huge ball control / time of possession team, and hope to keep the score as low as possible.

Yes...

The entire defense is in trouble IMO. This could be our worst defense in quite some time...and will rival last seasons injury riddled debacle. We have a serious lack of line depth, no LB's - really none, lack of DB experience (sans Finley) and lack of DB depth. And I don't see it changing next year either.

This is a 5-6 year project. Stock extra beer in your coolers for tailgating this season...
Lol...

How much you want to bet after 5-6 seasons (assuming FBS football is the way it is now) Bohl gets fired before the "rebuild" is done?
Well...we are in year 2 of a total rebuild. He will get 3 more at least, if not 4 - IMO.

So, I will take that bet (assuming FBS football is the way it is now, and Bohl didn't leave for a better spot - but was fired for poop performance). What do you want to wager young Beav?

Parameters of the bet: FBS stays the same as we know it now (or relatively close to it) within the next 5 seasons, giving Bohl 6 full seasons at Wyoming. If Bohl rebuilds Wyo football within the next 5 seasons, I will buy you tickets to Wyomings first MWC Championship game, whether it's in Laramie, neutral site, or on the road.
Wyoming @ Mizzou tickets? Oregon State at Ohio State tickets? MWC Tourney tickets?
Well poop...tough to read tone (rhetorical questions) on a message board / thread / etc.

I guess, given the parameters you listed, if good 'ol Bohlly gets poop canned within 6 (5 more from this year) - I will send you a $100 visa gift card...how does that sound?

BUT, you have to change your wager...as I am not sure UW will make a MWC championship game (even though Bohlly won't be fired). Remember almost all Wyoming fans circle jerk & celebrate when getting to 8 wins. LOL.

Side bet ideas:

1. Stanard doesn't make it the same distance
2. Burman is in place still in 5 years
3. Shyatt wins another MWC in the next 5 years
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
mwc fan wrote:I'll wager Burman gets poop canned before Bohl. Any takers?
Not sure about that...

1. No real accountability toward Burman, his staff, his athletics plan, etc.
2. Guy is Teflon - how many mistakes can he make without any reprecussions?
3. Shyatt & the MWC Championship bought Burman even more time
4. Burman does just enough not to rock the boat - he purposely flies under the radar
5. He has pictures of somebody important with their dog & a jar of peanut butter
6. He is "A Wyoming Guy" LMAO
7. Many give him undue credit for: the RAC, IPF, Wildcatter, Tennis Facility, etc., etc.

:orly:
Why is it undue?

He gets slammed for every single bad thing that happens in Laramie whether its his direct fault or not, why doesn't he get credit for the good things that happen whether it was his idea or not? They are still great things that are happening during his tenure...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
mwc fan wrote:I'll wager Burman gets poop canned before Bohl. Any takers?
Not sure about that...

1. No real accountability toward Burman, his staff, his athletics plan, etc.
2. Guy is Teflon - how many mistakes can he make without any reprecussions?
3. Shyatt & the MWC Championship bought Burman even more time
4. Burman does just enough not to rock the boat - he purposely flies under the radar
5. He has pictures of somebody important with their dog & a jar of peanut butter
6. He is "A Wyoming Guy" LMAO
7. Many give him undue credit for: the RAC, IPF, Wildcatter, Tennis Facility, etc., etc.

:orly:
Why is it undue?

He gets slammed for every single bad thing that happens in Laramie whether its his direct fault or not, why doesn't he get credit for the good things that happen whether it was his idea or not? They are still great things that are happening during his tenure...
It is undue, because it either happened prior to his arrival, or was paid & started prior to his arrival, or any / all of the aforementioned combined.

I give him credit for the AA remodel. And moving tailgate park inside the IPF. Two outstanding feats.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

cali2wyo wrote:To me it seemed like last year wick was more able to make something out of nothing, get hit in the backfield but not lose yards. Seemed like hill got stuffed at the line more often than not. Freshman to sophomore season is typically a big jump, so with that I put hill above wick due yo his speed. But wick is a proven contributor, I'm excited for him too. I hope we see both on the field together at times
One of the things that was interesting in that sbnation WYO FB guide that J-Rod posted was noting how many big runs we had relative to our running game productivity. A lot of very minimal gains mixed in with an impressive amount of big gains. The article didn't' state it, but anyone watching our team last year could you tell exactly why...the defense put everybody in the box. There was zero respect for our passing game. That meant that the RB was usually running into a wall of defenders, however if they broke through there was nothing but daylight. Colby was able to occasionally burn the defense over the top on the sideline, but not with enough consistency to make them adjust.

My hope is that, with Coffman under center, the defense will have to respect the passing game (although it is yet to be seen if we can put a receiving corps on the field that will be able to gain space against man coverage) and that will open up more holes for both guys.

I expect both will see a lot of carries, but if the field opens up a little bit I think Hill might be better suited to taking advantage of a little space. Wick is fast and powerful, but I think Hill has a little more ability to make guys miss in space although he is still a power runner from my point of view.

With our defense projected to be somewhere between awful and "dear god, don't let the children see that", I am sure Bohl woud like nothing more than to see Wick and Hill both have a full time load of carries and keep our defense off the field.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The TE position seems like it's in better hands this year. That's good news because that's supposed to be an integral position in Bohl's offense.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Yes...

Lol...

Well poop...tough to read tone (rhetorical questions) on a message board / thread / etc.

I guess, given the parameters you listed, if good 'ol Bohlly gets poop canned within 6 (5 more from this year) - I will send you a $100 visa gift card...how does that sound?

BUT, you have to change your wager...as I am not sure UW will make a MWC championship game (even though Bohlly won't be fired). Remember almost all Wyoming fans circle jerk & celebrate when getting to 8 wins. LOL.

Side bet ideas:

1. Stanard doesn't make it the same distance
2. Burman is in place still in 5 years
3. Shyatt wins another MWC in the next 5 years

Well then we should clarify what "rebuilding" is.

I figured that "rebuild" would mean getting us a conference championship.
But I suppose it could be 4 years of winning and attending bowl games.

What's your definition of rebuild? Maybe we meet somewhere in the middle.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.