Early W-L prediction for 2015

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

What's realistic with no bias!?
GO POKES!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

North Dakota - W
Eastern Michigan - W
@ Wazzo - L
NM - W
@ App St - L
@ Air Force - W
Nevada - W
@ Boise - L
@ Utah St - L
CSU - W
@ SDSU L
UNLV - W

I think best case is 7-5. Another year of NM Bowl or Bust. Although more likely being 6-6.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Pokes return the fewest amount of starters in the MW. The hope is bowl eligibility, but brace for a 4-8/5-7 type season. I think fans are underestimating just how much the defense might struggle. Bohl's offense goes down the toilet if he's giving up a lot of points. Gun to my head, I'd say 4-8 again, just like 2014. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hell, Bohl's NDSU powerhouse wasn't either.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Pokes return the fewest amount of starters in the MW. The hope is bowl eligibility, but brace for a 4-8/5-7 type season. I think fans are underestimating just how much the defense might struggle. Bohl's offense goes down the toilet if he's giving up a lot of points. Gun to my head, I'd say 4-8 again, just like 2014. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hell, Bohl's NDSU powerhouse wasn't either.
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's good that Wyo returns the fewest starters?

Get rid of the soft DC players. Bring in more Bohl players. At least players who have spent equal time or more time with Bohl than DC.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's good that Wyo returns the fewest starters?

Get rid of the soft DC players. Bring in more Bohl players. At least players who have spent equal time or more time with Bohl than DC.
Even if this ends up being the case, it doesn't matter who you are....Alabama or Florida International, having a lot of inexperienced/young players is usually not a good thing. Every blue moon there is a super class that surprises, but most of the time that young talent ends up going through some growing pains. It's going to take time.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I think this question will be better answered after spring ball is over. Right now there are just too many questions and very few answers. Spring ball will bring a bit more clarity as to where we are, and where we need to go by the time fall rolls around.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Still way too early, but my honest gut feeling is we end up 4-8 with wins over North Dakota, EMU, CSU and UNLV, maybe we squeak out one more (UNM?) but this is only the second step on a long rebuilding journey. I hope I'm completely off base and proven completely wrong.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Pokes return the fewest amount of starters in the MW. The hope is bowl eligibility, but brace for a 4-8/5-7 type season. I think fans are underestimating just how much the defense might struggle. Bohl's offense goes down the toilet if he's giving up a lot of points. Gun to my head, I'd say 4-8 again, just like 2014. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hell, Bohl's NDSU powerhouse wasn't either.
I do agree we are in line for another 4-8 type of season. Andersen at Utah State went 4-8 his first two years before landing a really good QB in Chuckie Keaton who started as a true freshman.
USU went 7-6 that 3rd year but lost a lot of close games including an absolute ass kicking of Wyoming 63-19.

USU almost upset Auburn in Auburn to start the season. Lost by 4. USU led with just 2 minutes left, then Auburn scored, got an onside kick, then scored with 30 seconds left.

USU lost to Colorado State in overtime by 1 point.

USU lost to BYU in Provo after the USU defender deflected the pass to a lucky byu WR in the endzone. Literally just went right to him.

They were 2-5 at one point and ended the regular season at 7-5, and lost their bowl game by 1 point.

USU wins those, they win 11 games. Went from 4-8 back to back years, to being 4 plays from back to back 11 win seasons.

Andersen put so much effort into getting the foundation laid. He wanted his type of players in Logan. USU was a terrible program for years and within 3 seasons were extremely competitive.

I think that is what Bohl is doing. By getting rid of players that he doesn't want, and by playing some younger guys, he is getting his players on the field in Laramie. Not to say that players from the DC regime can't contribute, but they better buy in and help get wins. Players like Wick will contribute. Players like May will get moved to where they are better suited.

Now, we just need a QB... Where can we find out Chuckie Keaton.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

We have a really good QB coming in this year. Cam is the real deal!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:We have a really good QB coming in this year. Cam is the real deal!
Eh, I'll wait until I see him play before declaring him as the real deal. Come this fall, the guy will not have played regularly for 3 years, and completed 2/9 passes the entire season the last time out (2013). His career record when playing is 3-11. Until he puts it on the field, he's more practice folklore than anything else. There is a reason he had to transfer.

I'm in the crowd that is hoping one of the RS freshman surprises. The bigger dudes....a classic Bohl QB.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

jbeiermann wrote:What's realistic with no bias!?
I for one think that it is a good thing that Wyoming returns the fewest number of starters in the MWC.

I see a huge upgrade at QB which will dictate much of how successful the Pokes will be in 2015.

I think that we will also be better at the RB position.

The WR position will be down this year because of the lack of experience but overall I think that we will have more talent than we have had in years.

The OL worries me simply because of the attrition, but I have to think that Bohl and Fuchs are getting the players that they think will take them to the next level and would not be having players transfer if they thought that they would be helpful this coming season.

I don't see that the DL will be off that much, and many times last season our LB's and DB's were hurt so we played many people back there. I feel that we will have more speed but less experience at both the LB and DB positions. That is my biggest concern with this team.

But here is my prediction:

9-5 North Dakota W
9-12 Eastern Michigan W
@ Washington State L
@ Appalachian State W
@ Air Force Toss-up
Colorado State W
@ Utah State L
@ Boise State L
New Mexico W
@ San Diego State L
Nevada W
UNLV W

I am thinking that the Pokes will go bowling with a 7-5 or 8-4 record.

Guys I think that we will start to see what Bohl Ball is all about in this coming season, and the ride is just beginning.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:North Dakota - W
Eastern Michigan - W
@ Wazzo - L
NM - W
@ App St - L
@ Air Force - W
Nevada - W
@ Boise - L
@ Utah St - L
CSU - W
@ SDSU L
UNLV - W

I think best case is 7-5. Another year of NM Bowl or Bust. Although more likely being 6-6.
BTW, it is "Wazzu" not "Wazzo".
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I would agree with the 4-8 and talk if not for one reason: our schedule. This schedule is weak. Thank god! We have no Oregon or Michigan State this year. If we can't win 5 or 6 games the road back to relevance may be longer than anticipated. I think I we win 6 maybe 7 just because our schedule lends itself to that
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I would agree with the 4-8 and talk if not for one reason: our schedule. This schedule is weak. Thank god! We have no Oregon or Michigan State this year. If we can't win 5 or 6 games the road back to relevance may be longer than anticipated. I think I we win 6 maybe 7 just because our schedule lends itself to that
But we always say that. Remember last year when piss poor Hawaii was a cakewalk? And there's no way San Jose State comes to Laramie and wins. Hell even Montana and Florida Atlantic nearly won. FAU should have won. I see what you're saying, just pointing out that while we perceive certain teams to be a gimme, that's exactly what they think of us.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I would agree with the 4-8 and talk if not for one reason: our schedule. This schedule is weak. Thank god! We have no Oregon or Michigan State this year. If we can't win 5 or 6 games the road back to relevance may be longer than anticipated. I think I we win 6 maybe 7 just because our schedule lends itself to that
You're right, there's no teams we'll lose to by 40 like we had last year, we'll lose by only 10-20 lol. Where do you see 6 to 7 wins coming from? I see us going 2-2 non conference, 4 wins seems like a stretch in conference play...

Our schedule is easier, but that doesn't mean more wins should be expected...
djm19
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
djm19 wrote:North Dakota - W
Eastern Michigan - W
@ Wazzo - L
NM - W
@ App St - L
@ Air Force - W
Nevada - W
@ Boise - L
@ Utah St - L
CSU - W
@ SDSU L
UNLV - W

BTW, it is "Wazzu" not "Wazzo".

I know. Didn't want to fox it. Thought I would leaf it.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Nevada lost starting qb
csu lost starting qb
We beat air force last year
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:Nevada lost starting qb
csu lost starting qb
So did we. So did Oregon. So did a bunch of other teams. What's your point?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:Nevada lost starting qb
csu lost starting qb
We beat air force last year
I think Nevada is headed for some dark times in football. Not investing $$$ has put them behind in the arms race.

CSU went as far as Grayson did. I'm curious to see just how far they fall without him.

But again, Wyoming has no gimmes.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'm thinking 4 or 5 wins, but that the season will end on a better note than it did last year
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo