New Casper Star-Tribune Beat Writer Ryan Holmgren

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

BeaverPoke wrote:But it's not an entire generational thing is it?
There's lazy pieces of poop, entitled ass holes, and just straight up sucky people in every generation, every race, every city/state, etc.
True!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

McPeachy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:But it's not an entire generational thing is it?
There's lazy pieces of poop, entitled ass holes, and just straight up sucky people in every generation, every race, every city/state, etc.
True!
Way to insult the caretaker at PhinDeli Town Buford.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:That's what we do in the real world.. give notice then leave.
Who is this "we" you are referring to?

If I had a dime for every millennial piece of poop that left a position with one of my companies without notice, I would have an extra $500 or so in my pocket.

:evil:
Key term.. millennial.
Granpappy..is that you? You may walk, talk, and f*#% like you are 80...but you aren't.

"Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates when the generation starts and ends. Researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s."
I would fall into this category, however, people my age don't identify with being a millennial. Probably not fair to lump them all in one group (guys like Beav, etc), but I can tell there's a huge difference culturally from when I was 22-23 and now (I'm 33). I had a group of early 20somethings working for me for a few months.. it was a learning experience, as they might as well be from a different planet.

However, in the professional world I'm in, burning bridges isn't your friend.. our community (professionally, and where I live), is a small one, so do good things, keep the bridges upright and not on fire, your career will advance.

In lax's case.. every story's different, you did what was best for you and the fam.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

It never works to generalize as there are plenty of exceptions to every rule.

That said, I'm going to generalize... working for a privately held company generally beats working for one owned by the stock market (or even one funded with angel capital). The latter will do anything and everything to increase profits, including taking away workers' rights (lately, Lowe's, Hobby Lobby, etc. have been spending a lot of money to no longer have to pay/compensate workers who injured themselves on the job) and buying up competitors so they can squeeze the customer for more money for worse service.

Of course, what makes the whole thing so confusing is that properly compensated workers in jobs that require skill are far more productive than their less happy counterparts. Then again, many of the places where people are treated like crap are the kinds of places where they just need a warm body rather than somebody educated/skilled.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote:It never works to generalize as there are plenty of exceptions to every rule.

That said, I'm going to generalize... working for a privately held company generally beats working for one owned by the stock market (or even one funded with angel capital). The latter will do anything and everything to increase profits, including taking away workers' rights (lately, Lowe's, Hobby Lobby, etc. have been spending a lot of money to no longer have to pay/compensate workers who injured themselves on the job) and buying up competitors so they can squeeze the customer for more money for worse service.

Of course, what makes the whole thing so confusing is that properly compensated workers in jobs that require skill are far more productive than their less happy counterparts. Then again, many of the places where people are treated like crap are the kinds of places where they just need a warm body rather than somebody educated/skilled.
Isn't that trickle-down economics?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

BeaverPoke wrote: Isn't that trickle-down economics?
Trickle-down is the "theory" that if you cut income tax, the "job creators" will create more jobs so the middle class gets stronger. Sadly, the middle class is what drives demand and job creation, not the "job creators."

If there's no demand, why on earth would you hire just because you had more money? I sure wouldn't.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Maybe Ryan Holgremn will write about trickle down...wait, what was this thread about again?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

:hijack:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Beaver and McPeachy (for agreeing) still owe the caretaker at PhinDeli Town Buford an apology. Then, the thread can get back on track. :D
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

haven't read much, hoping he's as good as Vorel was
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp