Wyoming Spring Practice 2015

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Get this thread started now, and POKE FAN can take over eventually
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Last edited by joshvanklomp on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Nice. Thanks for posting these.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

mwc fan
Cowpoke

Nice video clips, Thanks. Must be nice for Bohl and staff to actually know who his players are this season. Thats got to be a tough gig coming in last season without knowing your players on a personal level.Does Wick have a thick ass neck or what?
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Thanks Josh!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Catching up on some videos I missed over the weekend

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

things sound rather good so far
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

I've seen a lot of Bohl press talks over many years, enough to read between the lines. Linebackers are a big problem so far. It's early though.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

yopaulie wrote:I've seen a lot of Bohl press talks over many years, enough to read between the lines. Linebackers are a big problem so far. It's early though.
Everyone with any sense knew that linebacker would be an issue, with all 3 starters (and all 3 had good size at no lighter than 235lbs) graduating.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

yopaulie wrote:I've seen a lot of Bohl press talks over many years, enough to read between the lines. Linebackers are a big problem so far. It's early though.
Ya you can see the worried look and the stressed tone in his voice when he is talking about needing three and having one.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: Ya you can see the worried look and the stressed tone in his voice when he is talking about needing three and having one.
Yep. And that's why I'm worried about the DL depth. We're 1-3 injuries away from being completely screwed on defense. Getting bulldozed weekly.

Like any team, a secondary can only grow if the front seven holds its own.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

This year's defense is scaring the crap out of me. Undersized with no experience is not getting me fired up. I think our D line will be better than last years group. And the secondary cannot be any worse then last season. I do like the speed and athletic ability. Just worried about teams that run a power offense going after our backers.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

mwc fan wrote:This year's defense is scaring the crap out of me. Undersized with no experience is not getting me fired up. I think our D line will be better than last years group. And the secondary cannot be any worse then last season. I do like the speed and athletic ability. Just worried about teams that run a power offense going after our backers.
The line backing corp is the weakest, but that is the least important unit out of the three ( d line, LBs and secondary). Having great d line and secondary is more important than having great LBs.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

What the f-word happened to all our LB recruits? Don't we still have one scholarship to give? I thought I remember Bohl saying they keep one in their pocket
W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

mwc fan wrote:This year's defense is scaring the crap out of me. Undersized with no experience is not getting me fired up. I think our D line will be better than last years group. And the secondary cannot be any worse then last season. I do like the speed and athletic ability. Just worried about teams that run a power offense going after our backers.
The good news is our defense can't really get much worse. I
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Not worried about the D. If anything, they will be faster than previous years. The Dline is a veteran unit with size and experience. Looking forward to seeing what Jonathan Kongo brings....size, speed, and strength.

The backfield was crap last year, but Bohl was talking up some of his Florida recruits. Get Chad Reese back and DJ May might be a beast in the making.

IMO, the linebacker corp will be fine. Wacha is a stud, Nzeocha is a stud...just needs to get used to a new position., Tuetin played well at safety last year. Muhammad played a bunch before getting hurt. He needs to be healthy next year. They might be on the smaller size, but that doesn't matter if a guy can tackle. More speed is key.

I think my 6-7 win prediction is falling into place. ;)

Go Pokes!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict