QB Garretson out at USU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Transferring away according to the Twitters...

Huge loss, he was absolutely their best QB last season. Now they'll rely on Keeton to stay healthy. Keeton has remained healthy for an entire season once in four attempts in his career. He was bad before he got hurt last season too.

As exciting as the read-option is, QBs getting hurt is the norm with that system unless you're 6'5" 240 lbs.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

So Chuckie is the guy huh? Weird.

Garretson is good. I wonder where he goes?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Here's an excerpt from his USU bio:

"An athletic quarterback with a very strong arm... Has a lot of moxie and quarterback smarts... An intelligent player who throws a very accurate pass... A proven winner... Switching jersey to No. 10 after wearing No. 6 last season."

This is the worst written ''paragraph'' I have ever read. Moxie? Quarterback smarts? lol. U-tards.

Garretson's a good qb, for sure. It'll suck for USU when Chuckie gets injured and Garretson's not there.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Keaton did not look the same last season before his injury, just was not a dynamic player. And then he got injured again.

Garretson kept them in games until he too got injured.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Keaton did not look the same last season before his injury, just was not a dynamic player. And then he got injured again.

Garretson kept them in games until he too got injured.
They went through 4 starting QBs. Their fans will tell you their OL is fine though lol.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Remember that one time I said Garretson was a goner?

Well, I did. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11446&p=124192#p124192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USU coaches should've had enough huevos to cut ties with Keeton like I have said that all along. They just moved Myers from qb also.

I don't know details of why he is transferring, but not surprised at all. I heard rumblings a year ago.
Last edited by djm19 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:Remember that one time I said Garretson was a goner?

Well, I did. http://ww.wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic ... 92#p124192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USU coaches should've had enough huevos to cut ties with Keeton like I have said that all along. They just moved Myers from qb also.

I don't know details of why he is transferring, but not surprised at all. I heard rumblings a year ago.
Wow, we did hear about that awhile ago.

This is a big loss. Keeton is a huge injury risk, and frankly he just looked awful last season before getting hurt again. There is no reason to think it won't happen again with the nature of their offense.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Half of me is pissed as a quasi-Aggie fan. The more part of me is fine with it. Attrition happens everywhere. We lost a few guys too. It happens. This may be good for the Pokes.

I know some guys close to USU football and many of them love the heck out of Keeton, but are also tired of the uncertainty he brings. It is like Cousin Eddie holding out for a management job. Eventually, you have to move on. IMO, Keeton had a lot of promise, but at this point is borderline crippling the team. He is good enough to be the go-to guy still, yet, on the other hand, screws up their season every year with injuries. The whole team is affected by his injuries.

Garretson is a formidable QB, but I can see him fading out. Not dominant. A decent MW QB and that is about it. That said, I would gladly welcome him to Laramie.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:Half of me is pissed as a quasi-Aggie fan. The more part of me is fine with it. Attrition happens everywhere. We lost a few guys too. It happens. This may be good for the Pokes.

I know some guys close to USU football and many of them love the heck out of Keeton, but are also tired of the uncertainty he brings. It is like Cousin Eddie holding out for a management job. Eventually, you have to move on. IMO, Keeton had a lot of promise, but at this point is borderline crippling the team. He is good enough to be the go-to guy still, yet, on the other hand, screws up their season every year with injuries. The whole team is affected by his injuries.

Garretson is a formidable QB, but I can see him fading out. Not dominant. A decent MW QB and that is about it. That said, I would gladly welcome him to Laramie.
Garretson was throwing dimes vs. BYU, looked "okay" vs. CSU before getting hurt. Myers looked like a WR trying to play QB. Keeton was just terrible before he got hurt again. All that said, the Aggie offense hasn't been the same since Turbin left. With no legitimate running game, too much responsibility belongs to the QB. They're Chuckie getting hurt away from being in trouble, and there is no MW's easiest conference slate waiting for them this time (swapped out SJSU, Hawaii, UNLV, for Nevada, Fresno, SDSU).
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Cade Smith will probably end up playing another position at USU. With or without Keeton, I see USU going 6-6 at best this year. Their D is what keeps them in every game. They lost some key players this year, but have some all-conf guys back again.

Keeton will be hurt before they play CSU.

USU has their work cut out for them this year.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
djm19 wrote:Half of me is pissed as a quasi-Aggie fan. The more part of me is fine with it. Attrition happens everywhere. We lost a few guys too. It happens. This may be good for the Pokes.

Garretson was throwing dimes vs. BYU, looked "okay" vs. CSU before getting hurt. Myers looked like a WR trying to play QB. Keeton was just terrible before he got hurt again. All that said, the Aggie offense hasn't been the same since Turbin left. With no legitimate running game, too much responsibility belongs to the QB. They're Chuckie getting hurt away from being in trouble, and there is no MW's easiest conference slate waiting for them this time (swapped out SJSU, Hawaii, UNLV, for Nevada, Fresno, SDSU).
Not a slight towards Garretson at all, but let's be honest, BYU's secondary was comparable to ours for a large part of the season. Sucker punching people is the most hitting they did all year.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

There has to be a Norm Chow reference in this somehow.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: Not a slight towards Garretson at all, but let's be honest, BYU's secondary was comparable to ours for a large part of the season. Sucker punching people is the most hitting they did all year.
That's true too. I think Hedrick had like 400 passing yards and 42 points by halftime vs. BYU lol. Dammit, of course we don't play the Cougars when they have a moment of weakness. Hill would have rushed for 200+ vs. that extremely slow defense.