I wouldn't be surprised if one of our 6'4" quarterbacks

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Slow Hand was right again. His batting average is getting better. This sucks but he's buried on qb depth chart and buried at TE. He should have a chance to make fcs or division II squad
W-Y, Until I Die!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Heard he's going the JUCO route. Totally understand, but the thing is he would've been in the mix next season for a starting spot. Unless Bohl wanted him at TE for the rest of his career. On the other hand I think the Ca. JUCO Qb Allen was getting all the #2 reps and Fort saw the writing on the wall. Either way I don't think Fort is a D1 starting Qb, either does Bohl and staff. His best chance is the JUCO route and hopefully pick up a D2 or FCS offer. Too bad because I think he would've been a hell of a Tight End.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Did he play D in high school?
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Dang. This sucks. I wish that his desire to be a Cowboy and contribute was stronger than his desire to be a qb at all costs. Guess I can't fault him, but I think he could have been a starter and major contributor at another position.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:Slow Hand was right again. His batting average is getting better. This sucks but he's buried on qb depth chart and buried at TE. He should have a chance to make fcs or division II squad
Even A blind squirel gets a nut now and then.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:Dang. This sucks. I wish that his desire to be a Cowboy and contribute was stronger than his desire to be a qb at all costs. Guess I can't fault him, but I think he could have been a starter and major contributor at another position.
You know I really want to see as many Wyoming kids starting, or at least playing as much as possible for their home State.. It just seems like lately they don't give two cents about representing the Brown & gold. Bohl went out of his way to visit almost every high school around here trying to let the players know they are welcome here at UW. Now it seems like local players would rather take their game somewhere else. We need more players like Tanner Simpson, who walk on, earn playing time and get a scholarship based off hard work. I'm sure Tanner would do just about anything to help the Cowboys win. I do feel for Austin, but its not like he didnt get a chance to compete for the QB spot. He would've definitely received playing time as a TE or a receiver. Now it's back to square one for the kid. It's just a shame he left, so athletic and has four years of eligibility left. With the amount of injuries that happen in the game, who knows what he may have missed out on.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

mwc fan wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Dang. This sucks. I wish that his desire to be a Cowboy and contribute was stronger than his desire to be a qb at all costs. Guess I can't fault him, but I think he could have been a starter and major contributor at another position.
You know I really want to see as many Wyoming kids starting, or at least playing as much as possible for their home State.. It just seems like lately they don't give two cents about representing the Brown & gold. Bohl went out of his way to visit almost every high school around here trying to let the players know they are welcome here at UW. Now it seems like local players would rather take their game somewhere else. We need more players like Tanner Simpson, who walk on, earn playing time and get a scholarship based off hard work. I'm sure Tanner would do just about anything to help the Cowboys win. I do feel for Austin, but its not like he didnt get a chance to compete for the QB spot. He would've definitely received playing time as a TE or a receiver. Now it's back to square one for the kid. It's just a shame he left, so athletic and has four years of eligibility left. With the amount of injuries that happen in the game, who knows what he may have missed out on.
This is very true.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

mwc fan wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence for Tanner. I can tell you that he is working his ass off right now doing what he can to help the Pokes. However he is fighting some injuries one in particular that is nagging. He tells me that spring ball is harder than it was last year because the receivers are so low in numbers he and the others are having to take extra reps and work extremely hard. Rest assured there are very good players coming in the fall to help bolster the receiving corps. I keep telling him to bear down and Cowboy Up! Remember guys this is a process and it isn't going to happen over night. Bare with our University and Go Pokes!
Larawie
Ranch Hand

So I guess Fort tellin' the media he was all in, a WY and team guy no matter what, was BS.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

So slowhand was right, what say you now potato? It's almost like slowhand was in the lockerroom or something!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:So slowhand was right, what say you now potato? It's almost like slowhand was in the lockerroom or something!
Now don't get all bent out of shape if someone comes back on one of your previous comments and rubs your nose in it.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

So, would you rather be a D-I TE with a lot of potential flyin' to Hawai'i, or a D-II QB (maybe, if they don't also move ya to TE or ?) takin' a bus ride to Minot? And no offense to our new beat writer, but I've been to Minot.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

WYCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:So slowhand was right, what say you now potato? It's almost like slowhand was in the lockerroom or something!
Now don't get all bent out of shape if someone comes back on one of your previous comments and rubs your nose in it.
LOL, no I won't get mad. I am the first to admit that I have been wrong on several occasions. But my batting average is getting better.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
LOL, no I won't get mad. I am the first to admit that I have been wrong on several occasions. But my batting average is getting better.
And I was REALLY wrong. Definitely thought the kid would stay.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

I am sad to see him go, but the numbers just didn't work out for him. If he has a dream he should follow it.

Slow hand was right and I was wrong, I guess sniffing jocks does have its perks.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
I am sad to see him go, but the numbers just didn't work out for him. If he has a dream he should follow it.

Slow hand was right and I was wrong, I guess sniffing jocks does have its perks.
Love the shot afterwards
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:

Ha Ha You really have no idea Potato do you? Never-the-less I will take this as a concession. :rofl:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:

Ha Ha You really have no idea Potato do you? Never-the-less I will take this as a concession. :rofl:
Slow Hand, you get my message?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:

Slow Hand, you get my message?
Yep, sent you a reply.