I wouldn't be surprised if one of our 6'4" quarterbacks

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Confirmed Trent Sewell is done. I asked him on the Twitters...he said he's retiring. He didn't elaborate, and I didn't ask him to. Just wished him well in his future endeavors.
Hmmmmm, maybe some of what I have to say has a little credence. Potato....I wasn't trying to put a slant on it one way or the other......you did that. I am somewhat close to things and have a pretty damn good read on the pulse of things. :D
Deluding yourself a great deal Slow Hand. I put no spin on anything. The only thing I said is that your source, "un-named of course", made a statement that provided nothing but a swipe about a bunch of scholarship players leaving. The reasons are varied (which your source and you ignored) on why the guys that have already left. Unlike you I wish to concentrate on the guys that are staying and are committed to Cowboy football and the University of Wyoming instead of the ones that have left.
All I saw was SlowHand relaying information. He had nothing to say about reasons or wasn't making any type of statement about it. Over the years SlowHand has been right much more than he has been wrong, he has shown hw usually knows what he is talking about.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Confirmed Trent Sewell is done. I asked him on the Twitters...he said he's retiring. He didn't elaborate, and I didn't ask him to. Just wished him well in his future endeavors.
Hmmmmm, maybe some of what I have to say has a little credence. Potato....I wasn't trying to put a slant on it one way or the other......you did that. I am somewhat close to things and have a pretty damn good read on the pulse of things. :D
Deluding yourself a great deal Slow Hand. I put no spin on anything. The only thing I said is that your source, "un-named of course", made a statement that provided nothing but a swipe about a bunch of scholarship players leaving. The reasons are varied (which your source and you ignored) on why the guys that have already left. Unlike you I wish to concentrate on the guys that are staying and are committed to Cowboy football and the University of Wyoming instead of the ones that have left.
Hmmm, I didn't see it that way. I thought I was just relaying some info that had not yet broke to the general public. You are correct in the fact that I didn't dive into the reasons why they have left......just that they have left. How is that unlike every press release that says "Player X is no longer on the team?" I think I just saw one for Trent Sewell. Difference is mine was two days earlier. ;) I realize that there are many that are thriving in this system. I applaud them. I am sure there is an underlining meaning in here somewhere...........I just can't figure it out. True to a few on here though I am sure help is on its way. :lol:
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Potato, why does it matter if my source is "unknown" as long as it is accurate? Just curious?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:BTW Potato....Ask Uce if he thinks it is hard. LOL[/quote

"Ask Uce if he thinks it is hard." Your "so close" you don't even know the guys name! It is Uso..... you are more a source of humor than anything else! Deluding yourself in front of others while not even realizing that you are doing it is truly funny and thanks for the laugh at your expense.
His "BOYZ" call him "UCE" but you probably don't know that.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:BTW Potato....Ask Uce if he thinks it is hard. LOL[/quote

"Ask Uce if he thinks it is hard." Your "so close" you don't even know the guys name! It is Uso..... you are more a source of humor than anything else! Deluding yourself in front of others while not even realizing that you are doing it is truly funny and thanks for the laugh at your expense.
BTW Potato it is "You're" not "Your" :lol:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Larawie called it. Austin Fort to TE.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:Larawie called it. Austin Fort to TE.
Do you think that is just for the Spring game?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:
Do you think that is just for the Spring game?
No.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Not a matter of callin' it, more a matter of need and common sense. With a dearth of bodies at both LB and TE, it seems to me a 6'-4" TE would be more desirable than a 6'-4" LB. I doubt it was a rash or impulsive decision. The kid is obviously a good athlete and, with a little seasonin', could be very productive.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Larawie wrote:
Not a matter of callin' it, more a matter of need and common sense. With a dearth of bodies at both LB and TE, it seems to me a 6'-4" TE would be more desirable than a 6'-4" LB. I doubt it was a rash or impulsive decision. The kid is obviously a good athlete and, with a little seasonin', could be very productive.
I bet he is gone in the fall!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
Just a feeling I have. He wants a chance to compete for the QB spot and in Wyoming he has lost that opportunity.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Hope he likes D2 ball then...
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:Hope he likes D2 ball then...
I think for a lot of the guys D1, D2 D1AA or what ever really doesn't matter all that much. What matters is being able to play the game.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
Just a feeling I have. He wants a chance to compete for the QB spot and in Wyoming he has lost that opportunity.
How do you know he only wants to compete at the QB spot? Maybe he just wants to compete. His chances to get on the field earlier are much better now. He stays, takes the move to heart, works hard and gets some valuable playin' time. Sure, some of it will be mop-up, but a lot better than standin' around like a third (4th?) -wheel with his hat on backward carryin' a clipboard. There's my bet. Ya interested?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Larawie wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
How do you know he only wants to compete at the QB spot? Maybe he just wants to compete. His chances to get on the field earlier are much better now. He stays, takes the move to heart, works hard and gets some valuable playin' time. Sure, some of it will be mop-up, but a lot better than standin' around like a third (4th?) -wheel with his hat on backward carryin' a clipboard. There's my bet. Ya interested?
It is just a gut feeling on my part....but yeah what the hell I am interested. What are you thinking?
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:
Why?
It is just a gut feeling on my part....but yeah what the hell I am interested. What are you thinking?
Seems to me with only 4 TE's, a number of multiple TE plays in the book, and a more mobile QB than last year, the kid will stay and play. Maybe not a lot-there's a learnin' curve-but he'll be visible. It is, imo, a GREAT opportunity. I mean, c'mon, you're a D-I player in your home state, with a nice ride, or a D-II kid takin' questionable $$ at Black Hills or SD School of Mines?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I am just going on a few of the comments he has made. He might be a little disgruntled and perhaps he will come around and decide to stay. His thought process is that he would transfer sit a year and compete for a spot at another school. IDK....it seems illogical to me as well. I think the move caught him off guard a little.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:I am just going on a few of the comments he has made. He might be a little disgruntled and perhaps he will come around and decide to stay. His thought process is that he would transfer sit a year and compete for a spot at another school. IDK....it seems illogical to me as well. I think the move caught him off guard a little.
Probably not unlike Nzeocha bein' moved to LB. But if the kid's athletic enough, and there's no indication he isn't, then I think he'll embrace the opportunity. Obviously jmo, but I tend to zero in on position and personnel changes and how they work out. Hopefully for these two mentioned, they're positive. Lookin' forward to the Spring Game.