WYO-VISION: The Quarterbacks (Spring Practice 2015)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Check in out the Cowboys' quarterbacks in the first feature in a nine part series that will give you an in-depth look at each of the Wyoming position groups this spring.

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Interesting that we only heard from Coffman and Fort. I would have thought that a feature titled "The Quarterbacks" would have had some insight from all of the QB's on the roster.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYO1016 wrote:Interesting that we only heard from Coffman and Fort. I would have thought that a feature titled "The Quarterbacks" would have had some insight from all of the QB's on the roster.
Agree. This segment (IMO) was as poorly done as any that I have seen from "Wyo-Vision". They are usually pretty good - but this one was awful...wonder what is up.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:Interesting that we only heard from Coffman and Fort. I would have thought that a feature titled "The Quarterbacks" would have had some insight from all of the QB's on the roster.
That's because that's the only QBs we have... :?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yeah, kind of an odd video. For a program emphasizing a culture of toughness, that video emphasized goofing around a little too much.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Yeah, kind of an odd video. For a program emphasizing a culture of toughness, that video emphasized goofing around a little too much.
+1
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

for crap sake...is there anything we won't bitch about?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

JimmyDimes wrote:for crap sake...is there anything we won't bitch about?
Well, Beav went from the eternal optimist of Cowboy Football to the eternal pessimist, and thus joining the Legion of Bitchers that always find a thing to bitch about.

Proof? Some jerkoff started a thread after we beat the sheep for the 2nd time this season in basketball about how we "should have blown them out by 20+ points instead of 10+ points!".
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

No.

But this is a message board. What do you really expect?

You want us all to sit around and hold hands and sing Cowboy Joe pretending everything is perfect?

Oh, and that WAS the poorest Wyo-Vision segment I have seen - bitching or not (however you see it).
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Well, Beav went from the eternal optimist of Cowboy Football to the eternal pessimist, and thus joining the Legion of Bitchers that always find a thing to bitch about.

Proof? Some jerkoff started a thread after we beat the sheep for the 2nd time this season in basketball about how we "should have blown them out by 20+ points instead of 10+ points!".
Ha ha, for real. Would you all have preferred no video?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Ha ha, for real. Would you all have preferred no video?
May as well.
Dear Karma,

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed by it either. But I didn't post it because it was some great video, I posted it because I thought it (and the videos to come) would create some discussion on the position groups
BJC
A Real Cowboy

so whats up with the Florida boy?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

In Bohls interviews, he specifically mentions Cam and Allen if that says anything
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It should be blatantly obvious to everyone Coffman will be the QB this year but I am a little curious who his backup will be.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:It should be blatantly obvious to everyone Coffman will be the QB this year but I am a little curious who his backup will be.
Personally, I believe it will be Allen, though I could see Fort get the spot.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Yeah it ain'ta mystery that Coffman is obviously the starter this season. Hell, one look at his Indiana films and even I can see that he is a serious upgrade over Kirk. Not to knock Kirk, the kid had balls and gave effort in every game. It's just a big uupgrade. I also see Allen as the back up Qb. Question is if he is really good, do you redshirt him and use him as your future Qb? Or do they use him like a Tommy Thornton and throw him in to hand the ball off?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

mwc fan wrote:Yeah it ain'ta mystery that Coffman is obviously the starter this season. Hell, one look at his Indiana films and even I can see that he is a serious upgrade over Kirk. Not to knock Kirk, the kid had balls and gave effort in every game. It's just a big uupgrade. I also see Allen as the back up Qb. Question is if he is really good, do you redshirt him and use him as your future Qb? Or do they use him like a Tommy Thornton and throw him in to hand the ball off?
See I figured the same, You RS Allen if he is that good and you use one of the guys that may not be as good to get them experience and save your better QB for when Cam is gone.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

mwc fan wrote:I also see Allen as the back up Qb. Question is if he is really good, do you redshirt him and use him as your future Qb?
I've thought about the same thing
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If Coffman is the guy, then you red shirt everyone else possible. If Coffman has to come out for a play or two (maybe lost his helmet on a play) then you bring in someone who you won't burn a red-shirt.

It's like when Jason Thompson was red-shirting, and Thorton was listed as the back-up but everyone knew that if Smith had to come out for a significant period of time that Thompson was going in.

If you need to use Allen to win a game, then you burn the red-shirt, unless your season is already down the drain.