Just say no to BYU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Here's a link to an article about BYU coming back to the MWC. It is a poorly written article at best (grammatical errors abound), but the most interesting thing was the poll at the end asking whether or not you want BYU back in the MWC. Here's hoping BYU heads off to the American Conference or stays independent.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/4/7/8 ... ntain-west" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I have only three words for them....

F U BYU!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

No one wants BYU back but I'd be fine with it as it increasing the strength of the conference and let's us beat them again so to me that is a win win scenario.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:No one wants BYU back but I'd be fine with it as it increasing the strength of the conference and let's us beat them again so to me that is a win win scenario.
Yep...matter of pride vs. thinking. I hate BYU as much as anyone, but the MW needs as much respectability as it can get in today's ever-changing college football landscape.

Like them or not, they're a respected football brand. Plus, like you said...can't beat BYU if you don't play them.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

If. I. See. One. More. BYU. Thread. On. A. Wyoming. Forum.

:brick: :deadhorse1:
BJC
A Real Cowboy

You see the reactions from their fans........almost forgot why they are hated so much.

*But to their credit.......the MWC is not the same as it was. Never mind..they give themselves enough credit already :lol:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Don't kill me, but it was more fun with them. They are so easy to hate. I loved it when they came here because there were great crowds and great atmosphere.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Let's see who God loves best. These universities should form their own conference:

BYU
Texas Christian
Southern Methodist
Notre Dame
Abilene Christian
Oklahoma Baptist
Oral Roberts

And others. Note: I used to think the last one was about two gays named Bob.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I can't believe how quickly people forget how much of a cancer they were to the conference.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

WYCowboy wrote:I can't believe how quickly people forget how much of a cancer they were to the conference.
And how they almost killed the conference on their way out with their backdoor deals. I think that alone should preclude them from EVER coming back to the Mountain West.

"Hey, we used to hang out, and then I cut your brake lines on your car as I went to hang out with Joe Blow. Turns out Joe wasn't for me, so we should be friends again."
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WYCowboy wrote:I can't believe how quickly people forget how much of a cancer they were to the conference.
That and the average age of their players is two years more than most teams. I'm not anti mission....just don't like timing.....two years just after your freshman year in college. There is no reason they couldn't serve after college.

Just my :twocents: .....but no to byu.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

NO means NO, LOL
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

No. No. Hell No.

The conference doesn't need them, they need the conference. And after they almost submarined the entire conference on their way out the door, I find it incredibly amusing that the conversation is being entertained. Even if only among fans. If/when they make an official request to the MWC, they should live stream the meeting. This way we can all take great pleasure in watching the Hair tell them to take a very long walk off a very short pier.

If it were up to me, we'd never play them again. In any sport. Ever.

The Yners made their bed, now let them lie in it.

GO POKES!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I am on the fence on this.

On one hand, I would love (as a fan) to have them on the schedule. Can't beat them without ever playing them (in anything). And a win against those pukes are some of the sweetest wins.

On the other hand, I hope they dry up and blow away in the wind. Provo is full of hypocritical, egotistical, selfish pricks. Their self taught superiority and holier than thou attitude makes me sick to my stomach.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I'm kinda with mcpeachy, I hope they die a painful death. But until then, if the top 4 in basketball for the mountain west played byu twice and San Jose zero times, we would've gotten 4 bids, no doubt.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

I say Hell NO! Let them rot in obscurity.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
That and the average age of their players is two years more than most teams. I'm not anti mission....just don't like timing.....two years just after your freshman year in college. There is no reason they couldn't serve after college.

Just my :twocents: .....but no to byu.
BYU lineup is older than Utah Jazz
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:I'm kinda with mcpeachy, I hope they die a painful death. But until then, if the top 4 in basketball for the mountain west played byu twice and San Jose zero times, we would've gotten 4 bids, no doubt.
Haha no doubt. I would gladly welcome BYU back to get bitch slapped in the MWC if it meant we dropped San Jose State. Anything that prevents us from having to watch Muhammad slink up and down the floor like he's gods gift to basketball. What a joke.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

For me, it is business. At this point, we have to operate under the assumption that the current landscape of college athletics won't change in the next few years. Obviously it could, but how can predict?

With that, I think there is sufficient strength (or will be after a year or two) in the MWC to garner the NY6 bid IF you schedule well OOC. Take home, byu could help in regards to strength and NY6 bid in conference, but are not necessary as long as you schedule decent OOC.

After that, you have to wonder what would they do for TV. I imagine we would get a bump but spread over 12-14 teams, it would be negligible. Net gain financially would be minimal.

The MWC as a bball conference is perfectly fine even in our down years. Net gain of byu is almost nothing.

Conference stability? No brainer, byu is a destabilizing force and would no doubt threaten the existence of the MWC. At some point shortly after rejoing, chatter of "best of the rest" conference would start in provo.

Gain for byu? Really, only the NY6 access. There is no other benefit for them to rejoin.

End analysis: byu does nothing for the MWC and the MWC does little for byu. I vote no even if they wanted back.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:I'm kinda with mcpeachy, I hope they die a painful death. But until then, if the top 4 in basketball for the mountain west played byu twice and San Jose zero times, we would've gotten 4 bids, no doubt.
Haha no doubt. I would gladly welcome BYU back to get bitch slapped in the MWC if it meant we dropped San Jose State. Anything that prevents us from having to watch Muhammad slink up and down the floor like he's gods gift to basketball. What a joke.
Using this rationale, you'd give up one cocky, arrogant player to gain a cocky, arrogant university full of cocky, arrogant athletes and followed by extremely cocky, arrogant fans? Hmmm.....