UW holding 1pm news conference on Monday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote:Im confused by this tweet. Does this mean they've raised more money than the Rochelle's 3 mill? Or they have to raise money in a hurry to get it built in 2015?
I take it to mean they've already raised some money
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
303cowboy wrote:Im confused by this tweet. Does this mean they've raised more money than the Rochelle's 3 mill? Or they have to raise money in a hurry to get it built in 2015?
I take it to mean they've already raised some money

Was anyone there today? Did they give a figure on what they've raised to date? Or did they just announce the $3 mill Rochelle donation?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

A huge 'thank you' to the Rochelles. What generous people.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Regarding funding, I'm just going to take a guess that they have more than the 3 million dollars raised from the Rochelle's. It would make no sense to hold such an important press conference and then lack the majority of the funding allowing the price of the project to rise. As an athletic department, you should always over fundraise more than needed so that way you have some flexibility in your budget for large projects like this.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Regarding funding, I'm just going to take a guess that they have more than the 3 million dollars raised from the Rochelle's. It would make no sense to hold such an important press conference and then lack the majority of the funding allowing the price of the project to rise. As an athletic department, you should always over fundraise more than needed so that way you have some flexibility in your budget for large projects like this.
That's the hope anyway. There is a school down south in Ft. Collins that got everyone excited with awesome plans and had essentially no funding for it.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:Regarding funding, I'm just going to take a guess that they have more than the 3 million dollars raised from the Rochelle's. It would make no sense to hold such an important press conference and then lack the majority of the funding allowing the price of the project to rise. As an athletic department, you should always over fundraise more than needed so that way you have some flexibility in your budget for large projects like this.
That's the hope anyway. There is a school down south in Ft. Collins that got everyone excited with awesome plans and had essentially no funding for it.
CSU is and has always been broke. And, to make things worse, they don't get much in terms on donations. Wyoming has never had to take a loan or issue bonds to build any of our upgrades. That is a big difference between Wyoming and CSU. That, and the governor of Wyoming has already pledged $20Mil for the project.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
CSU is and has always been broke. And, to make things worse, they don't get much in terms on donations. Wyoming has never had to take a loan or issue bonds to build any of our upgrades. That is a big difference between Wyoming and CSU. That, and the governor of Wyoming has already pledged $20Mil for the project.
Shhhh, that wasn't common knowledge per the monkey boy.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:I'm glad they had a grand press conference to announce something that was common knowledge.
It wasn't common knowledge. Nothing had been announced about the facility until today. How is that common knowledge?
How was it not common knowledge? There've been newspaper articles about it and they talked about it in the state legislature. Was too common knowledge.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

No offense, but they can raise $45 million for a new football/training center - but can't build a regulation-size pool?

:twisted:
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

evilpoke wrote:No offense, but they can raise $45 million for a new football/training center - but can't build a regulation-size pool?

:twisted:

I get what you're saying, and I am an ex all state swimmer, and supporter... however, how much does the swim team kick back into the budget. that's the argument.

you have to keep your football and basketball front shelf. its how we maintain running in the black. with csu doing their stadium project, we had to do something...

and as a Rawlins man, Im damn proud that the Rochelle's have produced AGAIN. Seriously, they have earned getting the whole damn stadium and facility named after them.

the rochelles have given more money, during the apocalypse decade of our athletics... thank god for them.

Im very excited about what this project accomplishes. Great facility. great programs...

but the importance of quality appearance on television cant be overstated. we are building something... the enclosure, I can foresee a very old school, new school mix mash of a presentation coming together.

pretty stoked about the direction this is headed.
Last edited by carbonpoke on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I really like this, I do, but I'm confused. We couldn't raise 5 mill to finish the AA but are going to raise 23 mill for this?

I love the drawings, the project, and everything, I just don't understand the finances side of this?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Add a rooftop bar/beer garden like they put on Coors Field and we have a winner! The slew of degenerate income would pay for it too.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I think the problem is that the money for this project was just approved.

the money for the AA was approved two or three years ago. then the cost changed... should have locked in a bid then... which we didn't obviously. we should have purchased the materials then...

the more important question is why wasn't this cost variance (aa) brought before this year's budget approval?

too me it looks like a pie in the face for the business and finance team at the athletic department.

and honestly, get rid of the suites in the AA... that was a bad field of view challenge anyway. But the rest of the facelift better effing happen. The outside better deliver. No laminate counter tops... better be granite or marble, or polished sandstone.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

HiCountryCowboy wrote:Add a rooftop bar/beer garden like they put on Coors Field and we have a winner! The slew of degenerate income would pay for it too.
Now we're talking!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict