UW holding 1pm news conference on Monday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

They will be announcing a new, exciting project at UW. This one's going to be a HUGE one.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

MrTitleist wrote:They will be announcing a new, exciting project at UW. This one's going to be a HUGE one.
Woah, last time I heard there was something "huge" happening it was a human interest story. You better not be getting my hopes up :lol:
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

MrTitleist wrote:They will be announcing a new, exciting project at UW. This one's going to be a HUGE one.
Partitioners for the piss troughs?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

HUGE....something aside from the High Altitude Sports Performance Training Center? A new football facility would certainly help with recruiting.

This would be awesome, but I will laugh if it's a new football facility. Suddenly people will care about star ratings. You don't add shiny toys to recruit no-named recruits. Make no mistake about it, this is an attempt to upgrade the talent of the program.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

J-Rod wrote:HUGE....something aside from the High Altitude Sports Performance Training Center? A new football facility would certainly help with recruiting.
Its gotta be the High Altitude Training Center right? I think we would have heard rumors of any other facility
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

303cowboy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:HUGE....something aside from the High Altitude Sports Performance Training Center? A new football facility would certainly help with recruiting.
Its gotta be the High Altitude Training Center right? I think we would have heard rumors of any other facility
damnit. You guys are probably right. I was hoping for something additional.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: damnit. You guys are probably right. I was hoping for something additional.
A HUGE announcement just to reiterate what we already know? I highly doubt that is the case.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

As with all things UW athletics...

Set your expectations LOW - and you won't be disappointed.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:As with all things UW athletics...

Set your expectations LOW - and you won't be disappointed.
Good point. I think a football facility is the only thing that would realistic be HUGE, as Titleist says. This program has its geographical and demographic disadvantages and all, but a new toy would go a long ways to at least improving recruiting. Can't win with all "diamond in the roughs" type. For every diamond there are five turds. At some point, you need to start recruiting 3-star talent consistently, even landing a 4-star player here and there to truly win big in today's college game.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
LanderPoke wrote: damnit. You guys are probably right. I was hoping for something additional.
A HUGE announcement just to reiterate what we already know? I highly doubt that is the case.
What we already know? Has the facility already been announced or just speculated? I don't remember an announcement, which is why an announcement needs to be made.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I'm pretty sure it's the High Altitude Training Center. It's going to be a legit game changer. Easily the best in the MW.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:I'm pretty sure it's the High Altitude Training Center. It's going to be a legit game changer. Easily the best in the MW.
http://trib.com/business/energy/gov-mat ... 9c38a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one? Would have preferred a football-only facility, but this would obviously help the program. Other MW programs have similar facilities, very few have football-only. "Easily" the best in the MW is a bit of a stretch.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We haven't seen details on the design of the HATC. I'm guessing that's it. It's about a 50 million dollar facility that will benefit all sports.

My other guess is that a donor stepped up to fund the shortfall needed to build the second phase of the AA. That would be good timing with signing period upon us.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

I may know...

The 110% CJC Donor prize this year is a blowjob!
Dear Karma,

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:We haven't seen details on the design of the HATC. I'm guessing that's it. It's about a 50 million dollar facility that will benefit all sports.

My other guess is that a donor stepped up to fund the shortfall needed to build the second phase of the AA. That would be good timing with signing period upon us.
Cool. Not a football-only facility, but definitely an upgrade from the current situation.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:My other guess is that a donor stepped up to fund the shortfall needed to build the second phase of the AA. That would be good timing with signing period upon us.
Even if this were the case I'd bet it would still have to be delayed a year. The schedule on that project was already going to be tight but now they've lost a month. I could be wrong though.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:I'm pretty sure it's the High Altitude Training Center. It's going to be a legit game changer. Easily the best in the MW.
http://trib.com/business/energy/gov-mat ... 9c38a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one? Would have preferred a football-only facility, but this would obviously help the program. Other MW programs have similar facilities, very few have football-only. "Easily" the best in the MW is a bit of a stretch.
The new facility is mostly for football, Olympic sports will move into the old football space.
ImageImageImageImage
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:I may know...

Just my luck, I hope TB isn't the one doing the honors.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Cuttslam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I may know...

Just my luck, I hope TB isn't the one doing the honors.
He only blows major (MAJOR) donors...not us 110% schmucks. :rofl:
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Pokes joining the Big 10