2nd position that you have the most confidence in?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

We know running back is most likely our best position going into next season, but which position would you say is the next most solid position?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

Waterboy

Seriously...

Maybe Punter?

O Line? Unknown
WR? Unknown
TE? Unknown
QB? Unknown
D Line? Unknown
LB? Suck
DB? Suck
ST? Unknown
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I'll go with Dline.....we return 3 starters including a 1st team MWC performer. A couple other guys have had another year to grow (Fields, etc). And we add two promising freshman in Sidney M. and Jonathan Kongbo.

This will be year #2 on the Tampa 2. I expect to see improvements.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

fromolwyoming wrote:We know running back is most likely our best position going into next season, but which position would you say is the next most solid position?
Probably DL. More proven talent there than most other positional groups.

I am pretty confident in Coffman at QB as well to be honest.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Nowhere. There is no other position like RB where Wyoming could lose a guy or two to injury and not see side effects. I see no true depth.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

D line then TE.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

J-Rod wrote:Nowhere. There is no other position like RB where Wyoming could lose a guy or two to injury and not see side effects. I see no true depth.
Obviously RB is the position I have the most confidence in, but the OP had asked for 2nd highest level of confidence.

I think an answer of "none" is pretty valid as McPeachy broke down, but if I were ranking the units I would put DL 2nd after RB. JMO.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Tough to tell. I predict that our inexperienced guys will prove to be better than last year and thus our depth is a little better than anticipated. To be brutally honest, we can't get much worse. Unless, the entire recruiting classes of the last 2 years are complete busts, I think we will have a few surprise units this year. I have no doubt we'll have glaring deficiencies, but I think we will also have a few good things step up.

I'll buck the trend and say that secondary will surprise.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
I'll... say that secondary will surprise.
I agree. But only because our linebackers are gonna be so poop that our secondary will have to record every tackle and end up with inflated stats
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Unless, the entire recruiting classes of the last 2 years are complete busts
Well, last years class, with the exception of 2 or 3, is certainly a bust...but that is what we get, when we allow the HC and staff to not "officially" begin recruiting until 3-4 weeks from signing day.

And this years class...I think is largely a poop class - a lot of un and under-developed athletes.
Dear Karma,

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Unless, the entire recruiting classes of the last 2 years are complete busts
Well, last years class, with the exception of 2 or 3, is certainly a bust...but that is what we get, when we allow the HC and staff to not "officially" begin recruiting until 3-4 weeks from signing day.

And this years class...I think is largely a poop class - a lot of un and under-developed athletes.
How can you know that when most of last years class redshirted? Threre were three true freshman starters and they were all good. Not buying that last years class was a bust at all.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

How can you know that when most of last years class redshirted? Threre were three true freshman starters and they were all good. Not buying that last years class was a bust at all.
I guess, I am basing that last years class, on who played, who redshirted, who is slotted to start this year, and who quit. If we only got 3 (or hell, even 5) "players" out of a potential 25 signees, that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
Dear Karma,

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Overall second would be DL. But I'm really impressed with TE. Hollister I think will lead the way. He was impressive last year, and to think he bulked up even more! I seriously think he will compete with our WR's as one of the top three targets.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Oddly enough for me to date from what I've seen from the players I think the secondary is going to be a lot stronger quite possibly the biggest turn around since the Gipson brothers.

Bohl hinted in a few videos that they are taking good pursuit angles and I think over the past couple of years we have lacked that on at least one side of the field. We have a single strong defender but never 3 together not for a while.

I had a lot of confidence in Finley last year and always wondered what he did or didn't do that kept him out of the starting secondary the fact he was the only reason we ended up with any interceptions last year said a lot to me.

I think Ryon’e Winters is going to be a force at CB this season and if he can be paired with Finley I think even though while Finley is a little shorter he makes good reads.

With DJ May holding down FS/SS the secondary will have a vocal leader on the field and I think that will be one of the main reasons the secondary will be one of the strengths instead of a continual weakness.

So position wise I think are CB/SS are the second strongest position right now.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Oddly enough for me to date from what I've seen from the players I think the secondary is going to be a lot stronger quite possibly the biggest turn around since the Gipson brothers.

Bohl hinted in a few videos that they are taking good pursuit angles and I think over the past couple of years we have lacked that on at least one side of the field. We have a single strong defender but never 3 together not for a while.

I had a lot of confidence in Finley last year and always wondered what he did or didn't do that kept him out of the starting secondary the fact he was the only reason we ended up with any interceptions last year said a lot to me.

I think Ryon’e Winters is going to be a force at CB this season and if he can be paired with Finley I think even though while Finley is a little shorter he makes good reads.

With DJ May holding down FS/SS the secondary will have a vocal leader on the field and I think that will be one of the main reasons the secondary will be one of the strengths instead of a continual weakness.

The only thing to base this on is what I have heard, but I have heard our secondary will be faster and more physical than last year. And with the new secondary coach who was at Michigan last year, I expect our secondary to be quite a bit better. Show me at the spring game - I'm planning on being there.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Oddly enough for me to date from what I've seen from the players I think the secondary is going to be a lot stronger quite possibly the biggest turn around since the Gipson brothers.

The only thing to base this on is what I have heard, but I have heard our secondary will be faster and more physical than last year. And with the new secondary coach who was at Michigan last year, I expect our secondary to be quite a bit better. Show me at the spring game - I'm planning on being there.
If the passing stats from last scrimmage are any indication, it seems like the receivers had a pretty hard time getting open... Not many completions