Depth Chart released

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Potatocreek... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously?

Hey buddy let me explain this nice and slow for you, since you apparently need it said a hundred times to get through to you.

I did not say that Bohl waiting to come contributed to Thomson leaving.

Got it? Seriously, do you f-word get it?

My whole thing, this ENTIRE time was me simply wondering if it could have contributed. You took what you wanted to see and threw a f-word tantrum.

And if you really think me summarizing your bitch fit was me quoting you, then good God no wonder this has been so damn difficult to explain.

Do I think that Bohl arriving in Laramie late contributed to Thompson leaving? I don't know.
Did I say "I don't know if it contributed or not"? Yes.
Did I say "It contributed"? No.

Did you read it as me saying Bohl caused Thompson to transfer and cost Wyoming bowl games? Yep.
Did you proceed to throw a tantrum? Hell yes.

Do you get what happened here? FFS man, I was wondering about it the whole time. I was having a discussion, exploring that possibility. You took it like a god damned insult.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:Jesus Christ, guys! Is this normal off-season behavior on here? Maybe I should just check out until fall camp...
No stay, this is the funnest part of football season. The second most fun is the countdown til hoops season ;)
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Jesus, girls, stop fighting.

At least don't let it escalate. You're just inches away from not inviting each other to your birthday parties and trading catty insults on Facebook.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:LOL Looks like Potato is reading things into other people's posts.......hmmm imagine that. This is the same dude that ridiculed me because I called Uso "Uce" in another post. He is so out of touch that he didn't even realize that is what everybody in the locker room calls him. (It is often called a nick name Potato) In the same thread he tried to interject meaning into a statement that I made and then turned around and tried to demean me for being to ambiguous. Seems like his "M.O." to me. (That would be a Modus Operandi).
Hey Slow Wit....

It was so far above your head it wasn't funny, it was because you like to use "un-named sources" to fuel rumors. It is easy to spread rumors, Slow Wit and then run off, and that is what you did. You twisted what I said, and then ran off like some little kid. You have been right on some things and wrong on others, and I am not the only one to point that out.. You come on like you are living in the locker room, and know these guys inner thoughts, like what will happen with Austin Fort. Why don't you just wait and see what happens instead of sticking in your nose (it must be a really big one because you do stick in every ones business...).
Hey Potato.....I am in the locker room. ;) I am privy to more than you can even imagine. What strikes me as funny is your presumptuous statements and seemingly trying to take the high road, when in fact you expose moments of pure ignorance. Yes I have been wrong on some of what I have shared on this board, but who hasn't been. That is the beauty of a public forum you can take chances and make predictions. I take your opinions with a grain of salt, and never let your personal attacks wear on me. You see one of the things I have learned over the years is that when a person results to personal attacks they have insecurities in either their knowledge of the argument or in their abilities to calmly and effectively communicate their opinions. It is okay to have a dissenting view point. However when you begin to attack people rather than the point of discussion then you loose your effectiveness. You make statements like the following ; "It was so far above your head it wasn't funny" hoping people will believe that you are educated about the situation. But the reality is that you leave subtle hints to your ignorance....like having no clue what USO's nickname is, and then trying to ridicule me for using it. A bit of advice from an old adversary...... embrace your opinions and hold steadfast with your viewpoints, just don't result to attacking others for having different ones. :cool:
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

A short note for everyone.......the public depth chart is different than the one that hangs on the locker room wall! Not drastically but it is different! So don't get too excited about the published one.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:A short note for everyone.......the public depth chart is different than the one that hangs on the locker room wall! Not drastically but it is different! So don't get too excited about the published one.
Not many of us are jumping around excited about this depth chart lol
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/ryanholmgren/status ... 9156390913 Or if you would prefer the actual file: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo ... _chart.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Finley as backup? Assume this is only temporarily due to him just coming back? would be very surprising otherwise.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Didn't really realize how young we are until looking at the depth chart. Coffman and Wick the only senior offensive starters, with Rafe and Boyland as reserves and Berger currently injured. On defense, it's the two DEs, Reese, Finley, Muhammad and McKenna.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

yopaulie wrote:Finley as backup? Assume this is only temporarily due to him just coming back? would be very surprising otherwise.
I really don't get it, The coaching staff must know something we don't because I can't comprehend why he is always a backup.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Didn't really realize how young we are until looking at the depth chart. Coffman and Wick the only senior offensive starters, with Rafe and Boyland as reserves and Berger currently injured. On defense, it's the two DEs, Reese, Finley, Muhammad and McKenna.
I saw & thought about the same thing. From this depth chart:

Of the 31 listed on the D side, 19 are Sophomore or younger (60%)
Of the 34 listed on the O side, 22 are Sophomore or younger (65%)

It really is going to be a 5 - 6 year project.

Certainly could take into consideration the incoming 23 or so Freshman, and the injured players that will return - to be fair, and those numbers go up even further. Oh my.

:shock:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Didn't really realize how young we are until looking at the depth chart. Coffman and Wick the only senior offensive starters, with Rafe and Boyland as reserves and Berger currently injured. On defense, it's the two DEs, Reese, Finley, Muhammad and McKenna.
I saw & thought about the same thing. From this depth chart:

Of the 31 listed on the D side, 19 are Sophomore or younger (60%)
Of the 34 listed on the O side, 22 are Sophomore or younger (65%)

It really is going to be a 5 - 6 year project.

Certainly could take into consideration the incoming 23 or so Freshman, and the injured players that will return - to be fair, and those numbers go up even further. Oh my.

:shock:
One thing people will disagree with me on is that I think we need to win now.

Sure we have a lot of young guys, and the 2017 team will likely be a hell of a lot better than the 2015 team, but if Wyo doesn't win until then, then we have a losing culture. To me, it's going to be hard as hell to sell recruits on "Well in a few years we MIGHT go to a bowl game when we are senior heavy".

College football is about winning now more so than it is winning in the future. Always win now. Once you get to the future, you better win then as well, but you cross that bridge when you get there. And I know Bohl is (attempting to) building for the future, but it's pointless if you can't win now.

The 2015 team needs to go to a bowl game with these young guys, especially considering 2/3 of the country goes bowling, how weak the MWC is, and how weak the Wyo schedule is outside of Wazzu and Boise.

Get this team to a bowl game, then 2016 is a whole lot easier. Along with 2017.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Moving kamana to LB will certainly save a few touchdowns. I've seen him make some great plays but he sure did get burned at safety.

I'm not sure how to comprehend the walk ons earning starting gigs. One hand I think they must be playing their ass off and that's great. On the other, we have no depth and few injuries and this is what we're left with?
Great to see them earning it. I always root for them. I just hope they're starting material
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Moving kamana to LB will certainly save a few touchdowns. I've seen him make some great plays but he sure did get burned at safety.

I'm not sure how to comprehend the walk ons earning starting gigs. One hand I think they must be playing their ass off and that's great. On the other, we have no depth and few injuries and this is what we're left with?
Great to see them earning it. I always root for them. I just hope they're starting material
Our best DE ever in Mitch Donahue was a walk on who became legend as a Cowboy.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Sure we have a lot of young guys, and the 2017 team will likely be a hell of a lot better than the 2015 team, but if Wyo doesn't win until then, then we have a losing culture. To me, it's going to be hard as hell to sell recruits on "Well in a few years we MIGHT go to a bowl game when we are senior heavy".

College football is about winning now more so than it is winning in the future. Always win now. Once you get to the future, you better win then as well, but you cross that bridge when you get there. And I know Bohl is (attempting to) building for the future, but it's pointless if you can't win now.

The 2015 team needs to go to a bowl game with these young guys, especially considering 2/3 of the country goes bowling, how weak the MWC is, and how weak the Wyo schedule is outside of Wazzu and Boise.

Sure, it'd be a lot easier, but it doesn't mean it's the end of the world if it takes a few years to get there.

I'd rather take the time to build the program the right way rather than take shortcuts to finish with a bowl win early on and end with a whimper.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:
yopaulie wrote:Finley as backup? Assume this is only temporarily due to him just coming back? would be very surprising otherwise.
I really don't get it, The coaching staff must know something we don't because I can't comprehend why he is always a backup.
Really seems to be an attitude or personality issue, much more than an ability thing. I do hope he starts, I think he would do well.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Sure we have a lot of young guys, and the 2017 team will likely be a hell of a lot better than the 2015 team, but if Wyo doesn't win until then, then we have a losing culture. To me, it's going to be hard as hell to sell recruits on "Well in a few years we MIGHT go to a bowl game when we are senior heavy".

Sure, it'd be a lot easier, but it doesn't mean it's the end of the world if it takes a few years to get there.

I'd rather take the time to build the program the right way rather than take shortcuts to finish with a bowl win early on and end with a whimper.

Not to mention winning early and winning late when you come into a mess like Bohl did is much easier said than done. Every program in the nation wants to win EVERY year. How many years did it take Bohl to become Nationally prominent at NDSU? I'm sure it wasn't overnight. Why do we expect it to be overnight here? We see the success of Oregon or Ohio St and how they can lose several players and still win. We're not there! Don't expect that or you will always be disappointed.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:How many years did it take Bohl to become Nationally prominent at NDSU? I'm sure it wasn't overnight.
First two seasons in the Missouri Valley they finished 6-5 and 3-8.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:How many years did it take Bohl to become Nationally prominent at NDSU? I'm sure it wasn't overnight.
First two seasons in the Missouri Valley they finished 6-5 and 3-8.
Yep. This is a long term project. Only way it gets expedited is if Bohl happens to stumble upon a special QB ala Fresno with Carr, CSU with Grayson. Those were highly-rated QBs though. Even then, what went up will temporarily come down.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

What many people miss is that Bohl was able to recruit and attract the top tier talent to NDSU for that classification, I am not sure he will be able to do that at Wyoming. It is not a dig on Bohl or his ability to recruit.... it is the age old issue that rears its ugly head in Laramie, Wyoming. Most elite level D1 talent is not going to come to Wyoming. We can't even keep top tier talent from our own state how are we going to bring it in?