Depth Chart released

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo ... _chart.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wow, just realized Austin Fort moved to TE
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Holy hell, our DBs are all redshirt freshmen. Well mostly
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:Wow, just realized Austin Fort moved to TE
Too much goofing around in the QB room. :P

Safety spot is young and inexperienced, but has upside even if there will be some obvious growing pains.

Starting LBs: 196 lbs, 211 lbs, 214 lbs. :shock:

Appleby is 260 lbs again. They need to weigh him when he didn't just crap out a baby-sized turd.

Nobody over 300 lbs on the starting OL.

I hope these guys are lightening quick, cause this is a light group.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Didn't someone post last year that this guy was gonna be the startin' QB? I know who said it, I'm just messin' with him.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I don't think the weights of the players has been updated. Otherwise Ryan Cummings has not lost or gained a single pound since last season. And Appleby weighed 260lbs going into LAST season and had stated he wanted to hit 280lbs by the end of the season. So I'm not taking the listed weights at face value. Remember how Patrick Mertens was listed as 6'5 285lbs for 2 years straight when he looked closer to 310lbs last year? Yeah.

Though Fort moving to TE is different, if he has the hands, I'm fine with it.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
Too much goofing around in the QB room. :P

Safety spot is young and inexperienced, but has upside even if there will be some obvious growing pains.

Starting LBs: 196 lbs, 211 lbs, 214 lbs. :shock:

Appleby is 260 lbs again. They need to weigh him when he didn't just crap out a baby-sized turd.

Nobody over 300 lbs on the starting OL.

I hope these guys are lightening quick, cause this is a light group.
I don't think weights have been updated. And, many teams these days are going with more defensive backs. The size at LB is slightly concerning, but that doesn't matter if they can shed blocks.

The Denver broncos normally don't have Olinemen over 300. Size doesn't matter that much.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:I don't think the weights of the players has been updated. Otherwise Ryan Cummings has not lost or gained a single pound since last season. And Appleby weighed 260lbs going into LAST season and had stated he wanted to hit 280lbs by the end of the season. So I'm not taking the listed weights at face value. Remember how Patrick Mertens was listed as 6'5 285lbs for 2 years straight when he looked closer to 310lbs last year? Yeah.

Though Fort moving to TE is different, if he has the hands, I'm fine with it.
I agree. Just the other day Eddie was saying Kongbo is in the 270 range and can outrun most of the defense.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote: I don't think weights have been updated. And, many teams these days are going with more defensive backs. The size at LB is slightly concerning, but that doesn't matter if they can shed blocks.

The Denver broncos normally don't have Olinemen over 300. Size doesn't matter that much.
Has to be. Appleby has a special gift we all wish we had if he can consistently gain and lose weight that often lol.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote: Though Fort moving to TE is different, if he has the hands, I'm fine with it.
More concerned if he can block. Lotsa double TE formations as I recall.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

A couple names I am not familiar with at all: Adam Pilpal and Anthony McKransky. Aren't these guys walk-ons?
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

So we have a defensive tackle who is suddenly going to play (and start no less) on the offensive line, and three safety-sized linebackers. Position switches everywhere. This does not bode well. I think the defense is going to be worse than last year, which I didn't even think possible.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

OMG.

I knew it would look ugly, but with all those that are out for spring, it is REALLY ugly.

If this were the fall depth chart, in late August, I would change my prediction to 2 wins.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

It is very early and walk ons listed as starters could be a scare tactic and guys that are injured are not listed.

Lots of people moving around Fort to TE... Connor Cain moved to Defense, Nzechoa and Kamana to LB, One that could pay off is Brinkley Jolly to OT from TE. When he was signed he was thought to be a very athletic 6'5, if he is a quick learner and in fact really athletic he could be a good DE. I wouldn't look too much into who is listed as a starter and who isn't I am more interested in who is playing what position.

The coaches are certainly not afraid to move anyone around.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Remember DJ May is still recovering from Injury but I do believe he will be the starting safety baring a freshman just blowing his doors off.

I'm concerned with the CB's I really thought we would see Tyran Finley & Ryon’e Winters starting across from each other. Now that this depth chart has been released I'm less confident in a stronger secondary.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:Remember DJ May is still recovering from Injury but I do believe he will be the starting safety baring a freshman just blowing his doors off.

I'm concerned with the CB's I really thought we would see Tyran Finley & Ryon’e Winters starting across from each other. Now that this depth chart has been released I'm less confident in a stronger secondary.
I'm sure come fall it will be Ryon'e Winters ( still recovering from injury) and Tyran Finley ( disciplinary action ). These two are just out for a short spell. May will be a nickel and I think the other Florida kid will be the safety. I've heard the walk on safety( Pilapil) is pretty damn good too. I seriously believe that our secondary will much better this year. The Linebackers will probably be getting their asses kicked all year, but the D line has some players.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

mwc fan wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Remember DJ May is still recovering from Injury but I do believe he will be the starting safety baring a freshman just blowing his doors off.

I'm sure come fall it will be Ryon'e Winters ( still recovering from injury) and Tyran Finley ( disciplinary action ). These two are just out for a short spell. May will be a nickel and I think the other Florida kid will be the safety. I've heard the walk on safety( Pilapil) is pretty damn good too. I seriously believe that our secondary will much better this year. The Linebackers will probably be getting their asses kicked all year, but the D line has some players.
I think priester will be opposite of Finley. He's not listed because of injury (same for Muhammad, he'll definitely be starting at one of the linebacker spots)
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:A couple names I am not familiar with at all: Adam Pilpal and Anthony McKransky. Aren't these guys walk-ons?
Adam is a great athlete. He came as a preferred walk on at the WR spot. His best attribute is his IQ...he is very smart. The Wr spot is really thin. I hope the new recruits can learn the offense in a hurry, but unless they are above the norm that is going to be a struggle.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Larawie wrote:
Didn't someone post last year that this guy was gonna be the startin' QB? I know who said it, I'm just messin' with him.
Yep, it was 2 players on the team, one of which is listed as a weak side LB.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:So we have a defensive tackle who is suddenly going to play (and start no less) on the offensive line, and three safety-sized linebackers. Position switches everywhere. This does not bode well. I think the defense is going to be worse than last year, which I didn't even think possible.
Yep, and some people think we can beat Wazzu still. Lol.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.